“Best Hotel.”

Ranked #297 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Budapest, Hungary
“Best Hotel.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a most enjoyable stay in Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. It would not have been possible without wonderful hotel staff. Hotel has a very wonderful lobby with fresh flowers at front desk. We must say that staff is very professional and got very good knowledge about area. We got many recommendation for tour, restaurants. Wow
Room size bit small but it's spotless clean. Breakfast was plentiful. We will definitely visit and recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. I agree the hotel is well located for visits to London offering ease of access to the City and beyond and the team were delighted to hear your kind comments regarding the service that we provide.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Mandar Dhage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
penzance
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde park International for 2nights with my husband we had a lovely time, are room was on the 4th floor the room was very clean, the hotel is a great location for the centre of London.

Stayed March 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasurable stay at the hotel. I was happy to hear that you found the hotel well located and we will make sure that we will find a more suitable room for your next stay aswell.

I look forward to hosting you again.

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel as we stayed in one of the groups other hotels previously and really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately my review is going to be very mixed, I will start with the good! The hotels location is great, just across the road from Bayswater station and a couple minutes from Queensway meaning that you could be in the city centre in a matter of minutes. There are plenty of little shops bed restaurants nearby also. We arrived a little early but could check in right away and were helped to our room. The room was small as can be expected in London. I also found it very poorly lit. The bathroom was lovely and spacious and modern. The view from our window was of an external fire escape and the window couldn't be locked properly so we didn't leave my valuables in the room at all which was quite annoying. Also our room was on a staircase and directly above the restaurant so we were woken up really early every morning. We had paid for a deluxe room so I would hate to see what a standard room looked like! The cleanliness was a major let down here, our room was cleaned while we were here and appeared to be cleaned adequately until my boyfriend reached down the side of the bed to get the tv remote and found a used tampon applicator! Thank god it was on our last day!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sophie K
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve in future.

Kind Regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel during our recent trip to London England. When we arrived from Canada early in the morning our room was not available so we were upgraded to a Club Room which we had for the remainder of our stay. Good for 2 people, room was very clean and linens/towels were changed daily. Staff were very pleasant and accomodating. One block form the Bayswater tube station - very convenient to Hyde Park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel last Sunday for one night arrived and greeted by the receptionist very pleasant. We where then upgraded to a club room (we had booked a Deluxe). Plenty of choices of resturants nearby recommend the steak house in Bayswater Road near tube entrance.
Beakfast at the hotel, is very good the young lady who looks after you is excellent. There is plenty of choice, but coffee was not the best, ok personal choice. Check out at 12 which is a bonus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. .

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kindest regards,

Mandar Dhage
dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com
Keith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was great value for money, read previews and asked for a bigger room which I got, room needed a little TLC but overall the room was very good, room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, staff were very attentive and polite, arrived early in the day 10am and the room was available which was a boost. Breakfast was compermentry and good and plentiful, the hotel is in a very good location for exploring London, earls court tube station is less than 5 minutes walk away. The hotel was VERY good value for money, would recommend and I would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive remarks regarding your visit to the hotel. I was particularly pleased to hear that you found the service from the team to be of a high standard. Please be assured that I have Fed your comments to them and they have been greatly encouraged to hear these comments.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Salamander Bay, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International during a recent trip to England. We had two nights at the hotel while visiting family in London. The service we received from every member of staff was nothing less than five star. The manager welcomed us as soon as we arrived and we felt like honoured guests. We were an hour or so early and while we waited for our room were offered coffee.

Our club room was spotlessly clean, the bed so comfortable and the shower wonderful for tired tourists. The bowl of fruit and the small bottle of wine was very much appreciated. The bath towels were large and soft, and the bathroom amenities were in plentiful supply. Breakfast was great, especially the poached eggs cooked by the chef.

The hotel is centrally located in Bayswater and is in a great position for touring London. Our room may have been a little on the small side but after all this is London. The lack of space was more than made up for by the great staff and the overall cleanliness of our room and the hotel in general.

We would have no hesitation in returning to the hotel for a further stay on our next vist to London, which we hope wll be later this year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel finding it well located for your trip to the city. I was particularly pleased to hear your comments regarding the service from the team and I have passed my thanks to them for making your stay an enjoyable one.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Mandar Dhage