1,736 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkbayswater tube stationbayswater areakensington gardensnotting hillcentral linerooms are smallexcellent locationbusiness tripdouble roomenjoyed my staymin walkreception areaan upgradeshort staycentral london
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We signed up for their rewards card so were upgraded to the club room on the main floor. It was a nice room but small according to North American standards, but it was fine for us. The club room has the desk, mini fridge, and closet in a slightly separate section of the room (up a couple of steps); which made the main section of the room with the bed seem a bit roomier. The staff were friendly and the room itself was good. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. There is no tub, just a stand up shower, but it was a decent size. It was about a 2 minute walk from the Bayswater station and the Queensway station and it was quiet. Internet connection was good. The room rate included a continental breakfast which was great and staff were very nice. Instead of taking the Heathrow express train, they have a shuttle that picks you up and drops you off for less and was very convenient. Excellent value and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Can't comment about rooms as when we checked in was told they where having maintenance problems!
Although other people being checked in before us!
We did get an upgrade on other hotel which was nice.
Very close to tube, lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanne671
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know about your experience.

Let me take this opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar Dhage
Duty Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Overall, we had a pretty good stay at this hotel. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean. However, the rooms are tiny! Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a huge problem for me, as when in London I'm not spending much time in the room anyway. But these rooms were ridiculously tiny. We had 3 big suitcases with us, and there was hardly enough space to even fit them in the room. I am not exaggerating here. Overall it was a decent hotel in a good location near Paddington, Kensington Gardens, etc., but there are probably better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Tiny rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aknoel

Many Thanks for taking time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. same time please accept my sincere apology regarding room size. this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact then others.

In order to make things right I would like to make amends towards your past experience. As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer complimentary upgrade to for your next vist to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Only 2 minutes walk to 2 tubes stations accessing the West End, and a plethora of ethnic restaurants from Greek to authentic Chinese. The Kalamaras in Inverness Mews is a quaint Greek restaurant where apparently , during the 60's, the Beatles dined there. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and professional and the rooms, although a tad small, are clean and offer all the amenities you would wish for.
The price is very attractive particularly as it includes a full buffet/English breakfast complete with the daily papers. I will certainly stay again mainly for its value for money and extremely convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wri8er
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I always get worried when hotels have long names that try and associate them with numerous parts of London. Convenient for Bayswater tube station which is about the best thing. Like others I was upgraded to a club room - you can swing a cat and a half in a cub room but not much more. Two people here need to be intermit!

A/C was good and bathroom also but for the price I would stay in the premier inn where you can at least walk around.

Check in was a bit surly - like a Russian clinic - all white and not really in keeping with the rest of the hotel which was traditional and in good nick.

Breakfast in the basement was OK. Breakfast TV showing with sign language - how odd!

Room Tip: Go on a diet and don't bring too much luggage
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MiddleEnglandMan

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Thanks & Regards,