1,740 results
All reviews club room hyde park bayswater tube station bayswater area kensington gardens notting hill central line rooms are small excellent location business trip double room enjoyed my stay min walk reception area an upgrade short stay central london
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As the previous review, the hotel receptionist explained there was a maintenance issue with the hot water and I was relocated to another hotel (nobody inform me before and I'm sure the hotel was full and they did not manage in a good manner overbooking)
I went to this hotel and they gave a small room in the basement (not clean, bad smell, ...)
I never complained in my life but it was too much... and I decided to change the room
They proposed a third room in another place (Paddiington)
When I arrive at the hotel, the receptionist was not aware, he asked to pay a second time, the room was the smallest I never had in my life...
as a conclusion, worst experience I had ever
I travel very often and I'm used to stay in a lot of hotel (2 to 3 nights per week) and I never gave ANY reviews...
This kind of hotel is a shame and this kind of service should not exist...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sylvj94
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Let me take this opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar Dhage
Duty Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There was a maintenance issue with the hot water and we were relocated to another hotel. I was not looking forward to the process after a long 12 hour flight, but the hotel had already made all of the arrangements for us. They had a room ready for us at a sister hotel that was just across the street and they provided free breakfast during our stay for the inconvenience. They even carried our luggage across the street and into the other hotel for us. The entire process took less than 10 minutes. Although I cannot provide a review of the room, I can say the service was definitely 5 star!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. I agree the hotel is well located for visits to London offering ease of access to the City and beyond and the team were delighted to hear your kind comments regarding the service that we provide.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We signed up for their rewards card so were upgraded to the club room on the main floor. It was a nice room but small according to North American standards, but it was fine for us. The club room has the desk, mini fridge, and closet in a slightly separate section of the room (up a couple of steps); which made the main section of the room with the bed seem a bit roomier. The staff were friendly and the room itself was good. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. There is no tub, just a stand up shower, but it was a decent size. It was about a 2 minute walk from the Bayswater station and the Queensway station and it was quiet. Internet connection was good. The room rate included a continental breakfast which was great and staff were very nice. Instead of taking the Heathrow express train, they have a shuttle that picks you up and drops you off for less and was very convenient. Excellent value and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Can't comment about rooms as when we checked in was told they where having maintenance problems!
Although other people being checked in before us!
We did get an upgrade on other hotel which was nice.
Very close to tube, lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanne671
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know about your experience.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar Dhage
Duty Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Overall, we had a pretty good stay at this hotel. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean. However, the rooms are tiny! Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a huge problem for me, as when in London I'm not spending much time in the room anyway. But these rooms were ridiculously tiny. We had 3 big suitcases with us, and there was hardly enough space to even fit them in the room. I am not exaggerating here. Overall it was a decent hotel in a good location near Paddington, Kensington Gardens, etc., but there are probably better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Tiny rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aknoel

Many Thanks for taking time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. same time please accept my sincere apology regarding room size. this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact then others.

In order to make things right I would like to make amends towards your past experience. As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer complimentary upgrade to for your next vist to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards