1,736 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkbayswater tube stationbayswater areakensington gardensnotting hillcentral linerooms are smallexcellent locationbusiness tripdouble roomenjoyed my staymin walkreception areaan upgradeshort staycentral london
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful stay at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. Our request for a comfortable room was considered before our arrival and we were upgraded to a club room! Staff friendly and polite, room clean and quite, location perfect! I would definitely recommend it and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us. It is always encouraging to hear such positive comments regarding the team who were thrilled to hear your comments.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Mandar Dhage

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I will keep going to this hotel whenever i'll be in London. Location is great, service very friendly, rooms enough big and quiet environment.
I would advise that mattresses have to be renewed and breakfast with more variety

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is really a bit sbabby, though we actually liked the building and the room. We were offered to choose a room and we took one on the 2nd floor. The staff, especially guys from Baltic countries are helpful and polite. The room is ok, for us it was too small though. The breakfast was good, but you can get one twice cheaper in a cafe opposite the underground station which is just a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. The area doesn't seem friendly at first but even late at night it was safe. The location is convenient. I would say that the hotel is overpriced but there in London all the hotels seem very expensive. The laundry is not far away which was important for us as we stayed quite long there. So, it's ok but we would expect something better for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the ground floor as they are actually underground. They are very small, dark and look like submarine cabins. No internet there, by the way. The rooms on the 2nd floor are much better but they are of different size, so ask to show you all rooms availiable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your detailed comments about your recent visit. We are sorry to hear that your stay was less enjoyable because of room size.

Please accept my apology regarding small room this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact then others.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our premises if you wish to give us another chance to make it up to you.

In order to make things right I would like to make amends towards your past experience. As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer complimentary upgrade to for your next vist to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As the previous review, the hotel receptionist explained there was a maintenance issue with the hot water and I was relocated to another hotel (nobody inform me before and I'm sure the hotel was full and they did not manage in a good manner overbooking)
I went to this hotel and they gave a small room in the basement (not clean, bad smell, ...)
I never complained in my life but it was too much... and I decided to change the room
They proposed a third room in another place (Paddiington)
When I arrive at the hotel, the receptionist was not aware, he asked to pay a second time, the room was the smallest I never had in my life...
as a conclusion, worst experience I had ever
I travel very often and I'm used to stay in a lot of hotel (2 to 3 nights per week) and I never gave ANY reviews...
This kind of hotel is a shame and this kind of service should not exist...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sylvj94
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Let me take this opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar Dhage
Duty Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There was a maintenance issue with the hot water and we were relocated to another hotel. I was not looking forward to the process after a long 12 hour flight, but the hotel had already made all of the arrangements for us. They had a room ready for us at a sister hotel that was just across the street and they provided free breakfast during our stay for the inconvenience. They even carried our luggage across the street and into the other hotel for us. The entire process took less than 10 minutes. Although I cannot provide a review of the room, I can say the service was definitely 5 star!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. I agree the hotel is well located for visits to London offering ease of access to the City and beyond and the team were delighted to hear your kind comments regarding the service that we provide.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,