“Good location”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #292 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel Besed in perfect Location to Stay. Many restaurants are around.
Best Service ,Staff is excellent
I could not Thankful enough
But
I am very pleased
Will visit Again. It was a fantastic stay. I will recommend all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for an overnight trip to London. The room was OK aside from the view over flats and extraction equipment. That said, it was the only downside to the stay. I had a 'Club Room' double. The bathroom was excellent with overhead shower as well as the usual wall mounted showerhead. It was a joy to stand under after a very hot and humid day. The bed was comfortable, the aircon worked and everything was in it's place.

The next morning, had really good value breakfast - £12.00 for all you can eat, which in a London hotel is very very good value. Parking was a slight problem but there are some spaces available on the forecourt for £30. Worth it to me for reasons of my own. But if that's too much there is an NCP very close by.

All in all, I would stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us

With kindest regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having had a long day of trekking round London we thought we would have a relaxing and comfortable night in a reasonably priced and conveniently located hotel, WRONG!! The attitude of a lady known as Magda was terrible from the moment we arrived at the checking in desk. According to her due to 'maintenance' problems there were no rooms available, no-one had called us to advise us of this and chose to wait until we arrived at the hotel, I have since discovered that they use this excuse when they have double booked the space. We were told that we would be sent to another of the chains hotels across the road where the accommodation would be the same at the same cost. We the trekked over the road with our bags, hot and sticky and frustrated and running late for our dinner reservation. We were shown the first room which was tiny and nothing like the pictures on the web site, after complaining and sayingh we had already been shoved across the road and expected something better we were shown what was called a Club Room and presumably should have been a better quality and higher cost, it was not, it was in the basment with no window except into a lightwell which contained a large blue cylinder some sort of air con equipment, the room smelled of damp. The hotel had nothing else to offer being fully booked, after a phone call back to the original hotel we booked with we went back carrying our bags calling the restaurant to say we would be late on the way. We then had to argue and get angry with the receptionist Magda again as she showed no interest in solving the problem and simply said we had to call reservations ourselves and sort it out she was totally unhelpful and unapologetic. Eventually her colleague stepped in and made some phone calls finding a room at another of their chain of hotels 55 Westbourne Terrace, she organised a taxi to it and then on to our dinner appointment and did at least make an effort to assist otherwise what was a birthday celebration weekend would have been totally ruined by the experience. I would like to say that the room at Westbourne Terrace was lovely but it wasnt, it too was tiny and impossible to stay in as a couple, there were so many problems with it from the moment we arrived, the receptionist here was just as ignorant as the porevious hotel and although people were waiting to be helped (we even had a taxi waiting outside the door) she chose to take a personal call chatting and laughing to her friend rather than do her job, it was only after I interrupted her by saying we were in a hurry that she put the phone down and with a surly look passed us a room key commenting that you must have come from the other hotel so knew we were not happy. As we were in a rush we threw the bags in to the room and left for our meal now an hour late and not sure if our table would be held for us. When we returned later that night we started to realise the failings of the room we had been given. It was worse than the original one we had been shown, winding steps down into it were dangerous and difficult to navigate with the showerroom door opening across them, the room was so small the wardrobe doors could only open half way as they hit the bed, there was a stain on the ceiling where something had leaked, the shower was so small you couldnt turn round or bend down to pick up something without hitting your elbows on the side, even washing was a work of art. The shower dripped all night, the air con didnt work properly, both bed side lamps worked intermittently and worse of all the gigantic single glazed (fronting the main road and thus very noisy) windows had a broken hinge only being supported by one connection at the top and if that had failed I dread to think what might have happened as it would have fallen on to the bed and caused major injury if not death, totally unsafe. The breakfast food was dry and unpallatable and although there was a very helpful young girl in charge it was not worth half of what was being charged for it. In conclusion I would never ever stay in this chain of hotels again and cannot find a single thing to recommend it.

Room Tip: Simply do not stay here its terrible!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moosehole
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Let me take this opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar Dhage
Duty Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Location Bayswater and Queensway station very close, A small personal hotel and free WiFi and helpful staff. Breakfast OK. Have stayed here before and will stay here again. Close to Hyde park and Bayswater Road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kindest regards,

Mandar Dhage
dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here one night on work 2 weeks ago. Found it to be very nice. Came back again with a friend for 3 nights - People are very good efficient helpful and smiling . Rooms are tiny - but thats London they say. Hotel is in a good building compared to some others in the area. Recently refurbished hence well appointed. Amenities are also good.
Will definitely recommend. Booking thourgh the hotel website gives sometimes better deal than booking .com or other websites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ganeshde

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback about the friendliness of staff . It was a pleasure to host you.
Our guest's feedback is important to us as this certainly assist's us to meet & exceed their expectation.

We are happy to know you liked the location which is so prime .

Please do contact us prior to your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My 5th time in Londen and the first time in Shaftesbury Hyde Park International and I'll be back. Ideal of location, quiet street and friendly staff. I stayed for 4 days. The hotel is located between 2 metro stations, bayswater ( 1 minute walk ) and queensway ( 3 minutes ) walk.I got a double room only for me, as a single and that was ideal for 1 .The bed is against the wall and is for 2 people maybe not be as ideal.In any case, I was very satisfied. Until next time !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

For us is very important to know how our guest's feel, as our entire team is working very hard to achieve higher percentage of guest satisfaction at all levels.

We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team & your motivating & encouraging feedback will act as a benchmark for us to maintain at all times.

Once again, thank you very much for your time & we look forward to serve you soon in the near future.

At any future visit to our hotel feel more than welcome to contact me on the below email address,so I can arrange your stay.

With Regards

dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Shaftesbury for a night at the beginning of my trip to to the UK and my experience there was so positive that I decided to book my planned night in London at the end of my trip there as well.

Positives: Excellent location close to two tube stations, one of which is on the central line. Lot's of restaurants and shops in the area. The staff was helpful and friendly and the atmosphere at the hotel was generally very welcoming. The rooms were well equipped and very clean and the bathrooms were very nice as well.

Negatives: The rooms are incredibly small. I stayed in a Club room and in a normal room and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. The breakfast room was somewhat depressing and although the food was okay, it really wasn't value for money. That being said, there is a very nice cafe within 50 m of the hotel that sells great coffee and breakfast deals.

Room Tip: No difference between club and normal rooms as far as I could tell
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank xxLeanie
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to know you liked the location which is so prime .

Kind Regards