“good location, clean bathroom, quiet hotel”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #297 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“good location, clean bathroom, quiet hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

took the single room and it was very very small. thankfully there was a window right next to the bed so it gives the impression of bigger space. basically the room fits a single bed, small desk with coffee, kettle, glass, tv hung on the wall and a very tiny space for luggage.

toilet was clean but room was only averagely clean. bed was way to soft for my liking.

location was good as it is very near eateries and subway making travelling easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mandarshf, Duty Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Lis,
Thank you for your detailed comments about your recent stay with us. Whilst we appreciate your feedback about the good location and excellent travelling options it is with regret to notice that we disappointed with the cleanliness and comfort of our single room. We have immediately forwarded your notes to our Housekeeping department so that they may rectify the issue raised.

We do hope that we can make it up to you in the near future and welcoming you back to our property once more, ensuring this time to turn a disappointment into an excitement.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tipperary, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Recently stayed here for a weekend with my husband. Loved everything about it. welcoming, clean, quiet area, good location. Friendly. efficient, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fiona,
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are taking great pride in our team's effort to make each and every guest's stay a memorable one.
It's been a pleasure to look after you and we hope to be of your service again in the very near future.

Best regards
Templecombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked my stay on the hotel website and the price included breakfast, which is not always the case on comparison sites. On arrival I was told I had been upgraded to a double en-suite instead of a single, and the staff on duty when I arrived were so friendly & helpful, in fact all the staff during my stay were excellent.
The hotel is in a great location, clean & well looked after.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel.
My double en-suite was very comfortable and the bathroom was finished to a high standard.

Room Tip: My room was at the back, so very quiet, maybe a room near the lift would be quite noisy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Dawn,
Thank you for your lovely comments on this social forum. We are delighted to hear that we ticked all the boxes for you with our product and services. Our dedicated team here ensures that all guests are well looked after and enjoying their stay from start to finish.
We can't wait to welcome you back to our property in the near future.
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in other hotels in Bayswater area of similar type, this was definitely the best. Good rooms, friendly staff and excellent hot breakfast . Very close to Bayswater tune station. Try this place you will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice people, who take the time to chat and ensured that my stay was a pleasant one.

Particularly Mandar - he understands customer service.

The location is very convenient, 2 minutes walk from the Underground.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kindest regards,

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 14 August 2014

we stayed here 2 nights, and were very happy. when we arrived we got upgraded to a club room without any extra payment, witch was a pleasant surprise.
the bathrooms were amazing! beautiful, new and big. the room was also nice size and very nice. the staff was so nice and welcoming. had a great time, and would love to come back!
also the area was very quiet and nice. 2 minutes walk to underground and also the best indian restaurant i have ever ate at!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank susanneNO
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

For us is very important to know how our guest's feel, as our entire team is working very hard to achieve higher percentage of guest satisfaction at all levels.

We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team & your motivating & encouraging feedback will act as a benchmark for us to maintain at all times.

Once again, thank you very much for your time & we look forward to serve you soon in the near future.

At any future visit to our hotel feel more than welcome to contact me on the below email address,so I can arrange your stay.

With Regards

dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I can highly recommend the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I booked it on the Shaftesbury hotels website, booked a single en suite room, however on arrival was upgraded to a double room en suite. The hotel manager is ultra friendly and helpful and he could not have been more pleasant. He could not do enough to ensure a satisfactory stay. The other staff on duty at the time of my stay were also extremely friendly + helpful. Cannot fault anything including the location, Bayswater tube station about 200 yards away + Queensway tube station in the proximity.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet indeed, cannot comment on those at the front, ho...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

With kindest regards,