Lowest prices for your stay
US$128
Orbitz.comUS$128
CheapTicketsUS$128
Destinia.comUS$118
1,981 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel. Very friendly staff and the hotel is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. If you book here make sure you book bed and breakfast as the breakfast is exceptional and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The rooms are a little on the small side but the service here far outweighs this small negative and it doesn't impact on your stay. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 482dawnm
Lina L, Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing this wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to serve you and your lovely daughter.

We look forward to your next visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I booked a deluxe double room for Shaftesbury Hyde Park International for one night stay last weekend, so that we can celebrate my husband's birthday.

On our arrival, we were greeted by a friendly young guy who offered us drinks. However, the experience went down hill after the reception lady told us there was problem with our room, and they needed to send us to their sister hotel. There were lots of lies being told then: first, we were told they tried to call us about this, but in fact, we didn't receive any calls at all. Second, when asked about what the hotel like, she answered it was very nice and better than the one we booked, despite later admitting she had never been there!

Didn't want to ruin my husband's birthday, we agreed to go to the sister hotel - Shaftesbury paddington. The hotel looked tired and run down, and the room was extremely small and with single layer window, which was very noisy to sleep. It was clear that this was a cheaper and inferior hotel compared to the one we booked. Despite the breakfast was quite good and the staff were friendly at this hotel, the overall experience was really upset and disappointing.

I checked other people's review, lots of people had this problem of being transferred to other inferior sister hotel. This is a very dishonest behaviour and we wouldn't stay with them again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ttwells
Lina L, Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Ttwells,

I was very sorry to hear about the inconvenience and subsequent frustration you experienced as a result of the maintenance issue we suffered on the day of your arrival.

Although I am pleased to see that ultimately we were able to provide a room for you, I fully empathise with the fact that this was a poor start to your London experience; I am keen to discuss this in more detail with you.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Hello
I stayed at the Shaftesbury for 10 days . The location is excellent , it is near Paddington Station. There are a number of good cafes and resturants . I arrived with my two adult sons , I had made my booking from booking.com, an excutive suit with a sofa bed at the Shafesbury but the one I recieved was a total disappointment . They gave me a room at the Grand park which was across the street from the Shaftesbury . The room was two floors , with very narrow stairs , so when someone moved upstairs, you hear noises of their movement . Furthermore, the wall paper was torn , the window was stuck , we couldn't close it and whether was extremely cold that night .The bathroom was so small and the beds were uncomfortable . I called the reciption and expressed my unsatisfactory of the room . I asked to speak to the manager and they told me s/he was not available at the moment . But the reciption said he would take care of the issue first thing in the morning . Surely enough in the morning ,we were moved to another room which was neat , tidy and clean . The bathroom was bigger and the beds were more comfortable the only thing wrong with it was the view of the window . The window faced pipes and water heaters and one morning we saw a man fixing the pipes and looking at us while we were sleeping which was weird . In the end , i could not change hotels bec the hotel took the whole payment from creditcard before I recieved the room . So my advice to everyone staying in this hotel is to first see the room before paying .

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lina L, Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Hope J,

Thank you for your constrictive feedback.
It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2016

There are some nice touches, but the overall experience was not terribly pleasant. In fact, I'd say it was pretty weird.

The first room we were in had high windows that looked onto a shaft and made it feel like a basement even though it was on the 1st floor. The a/c did not work. The room had way too much furniture in it for the size, although the furniture was nice and there was a table with fruit and a bottle of wine waiting for us, which was also nice (more about the wine later). Unfortunately, it was a cave unless all of the lights were turned on. The bathroom had an impossible layout, but a lovely heated floor and super-duper shower with blue rope-lighting along the bottom the shower pan for an effect that eluded me. Maybe it was the night light?

The staff was extremely pleasant when we requested another room. They offered to move everything to a new room while we were out sight-seeing, which was very helpful, but I noticed the wine bottle never made it even though the fruit did.

This room had 13' ceilings and a chandelier, but shabby looking furniture and some very out-of-place institutional pieces that were no doubt the result of it being an "accessible" room. This room faced the street and was very noisy, not because of traffic, but because of the hostel next door which had a lot of guests who liked to stand outside of it talking all night.

The lighting in the room was wild - spotlights, pot lights, sconces, a chandelier - but certainly abundant. There was no separate shower - the bathroom and shower were all one thing, again because of accessibility, so the whole room got wet while showering. There was no place to put toiletry bags or Dopp kits on the stylish vessel sink cabinet (same as the first room). There was a post in the room that obviously had plumbing running through it from the floor or floors above. There was no hiding the fact that a shower or toilet was being used upstairs. It was pretty loud.

The free breakfast was the standard free breakfast - meaning you will probably eat it because it's free rather than because it's any good. I think the kitchen was short-staffed because nothing was replenished very quickly, including the plates, bowls, cups and saucers, If you didn't get there at the right time, you had to wait until someone decided to bring some more out. And, the breakfast room was in the basement. Not the way I like to start my day, so we opted to take a short walk over to the Patisserie Valerie on Queensway instead which we liked a lot.

The location is ok, but not great. Queensway is pretty dumpy. I would probably opt to stay on the south side of Hyde Park, or in Shoreditch or Spitalfields instead. Somewhere where the high street is nicer, but I even liked staying in Barbican better than in this neighborhood.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wendemate01

Dear wendemate01,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have spoken to a few people from your party on several occasions to ensure that your stay is up to satisfaction and have always got kindly confirmation that all is good.

If there is anything I could do to mend your dissatisfaction, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Meanwhile I wish you all the best. And look forward to your kind reply.

Dutymanager.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Lovely clean hotel,we had a 3 bed family room,tidy,good amenities,nice shower,air con big bonus,bed was a little hard,could have done with a small TV on the upper lvl bed space,the biggest plus was it was less than 200 metres to bayswater tube with plenty of restaurants close aswell,we also paid for breakfast which was fantastic full English and continental if so needed very filling self service as well

Room tip: Close by to the tube
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lina L, Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear jdcdnorthwales,

Thank you very much for having shared this lovely review! I am thrilled to see that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts during your stay with us.
I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and remain entirely at your disposal should you ever require any assistance with the making of future bookings.