Lowest prices for your stay
US$128
Orbitz.comUS$128
CheapTicketsUS$128
Destinia.comUS$118
1,981 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Very friendly staff and nice rooms. Among others Gabriela was very helpful. Overall experience very pleasant, I recommend the hotel, nice atmosphere, only the rooms could be a bit bigger. Nevertheless the beds were really nice and lovely breakfast.

1  Thank dontstoptravelling1
GabrielaHPI, Duty Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2019

Dear Dontstoptravelling,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International to spend your holiday in London.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay from our convenient location and found the hotel with nice atmosphere. I am most grateful for your kind words addressed to the reception staff which truly capture our hotel mission. Likewise, your lovely comment with regards of breakfast was much appreciated by our Chef.

Our doors are always open for you and I hope to welcome you back and make your stay entirely enjoyable and memorable.

Reviewed 26 May 2019

The good stuff. The staff were absolutely top notch, very kind and friendly, they couldn’t do enough for you (including post my kindle back to me! - many thanks for that!). There was a good breakfast included and water bottles, a kettle & biscuits in the room, the shower was powerful too. The location was excellent also, a two minute stroll from Bayswater tube station and an 8 minute stroll from Queensway tube station - you can get on the Circle & District lines from Bayswater and the Central line from Queensway, that means the majority of London’s tourist spots are easily reached. Whilst the hotel only has breakfast available, Queensway (the nearby street with both tube stations on it) has a plethora of lovely restaurants on it that cover the majority of the popular cuisines.
Not so good points. The bar was in reception which was brightly lit thus not very welcoming and bar-like, the bedroom was small with 2 beds crammed into it, the safe had a broken display that put us off using it and the lift shuddered, creaked and groaned so badly, it felt like it was on its last legs! However despite this we still gave 5 stars because of the great location and most of all, the fantastic staff!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulD-BradleyStoke

Dear PaulD-BradleyStoke,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your recent stay at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

It thrills me to see that you have had a pleasant experience with us and found our staff amazing. It is our primary aim to deliver a memorable experience to our guests and I am delighted you were looked after so well by our outstanding team who really do take such pleasure in looking after the every need of our guests.

We highly appreciate your kind words about our breakfast and shower. However, please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the issues mentioned which influenced your experience at our property. Our maintenance team was attending to the matter to ensure that nothing disturbs our valuable guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Pros

Great location - close to buses/Underground and tourist attractions within walking distance. Barclays Bank also near for cash withdrawals, lots of restaurants, mini grocery stores, and Boots close by. Kensington Park and the surrounding area are wonderful to walk through.

Nice breakfast - recommend to book direct through the website as they include breakfast. Attentive staff and a nice selection. It was very convenient having a good, filling breakfast before heading out for a day of sight-seeing.

Friendly staff - whether in the lobby, hallway, dining room, or even crossing paths while entering the hotel, the staff members were all polite, friendly, and helpful. I also saw them having good interactions with other guests in multiple languages.

Amenities: coffee/tea/water bottles & biscuits provided in the room along with a kettle and hair dryer. Shower had good water pressure and a full range of toiletries.

Other:
Outside of the hotel’s control, but there is a nearby inn/hotel that housed a rowdy group that would sing and play drums late at night. Hopefully it was just a one off when I was there and not a norm for that inn :(. Also it’s an older hotel and in London so the rooms are quite compact and the walls thin (could hear folks next door or upstairs who were talking at normal volume).

Opportunities:
The bed was OK but the pillows were not comfortable so I ended up using my around the neck travel pillow to sleep.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jenneraltravels
GabrielaHPI, Duty Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear Jennealtravels,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

We highly appreciate your feedback which gives us a chance to improve our hotel. It is our primary aim to deliver a memorable experience to our guests and I am delighted you were looked after so well by our outstanding team who really do take such pleasure in looking after the every need of our guests.

We shared your kind words about the breakfast with our restaurant team which is always happy to be there for you. However, I am really sorry to hear that the outside noise disturbed your night sleep.

Our doors are always open for you and I hope to welcome you back and make your stay entirely enjoyable and memorable!

Reviewed 22 May 2019

I had a greta stay here for 3 nights. Quiet and peaceful. A small and cosy room, you have everything you need. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful. Particular thank you to Asmita, she was sweet, helpful and kind. It is my second time here, and I will come back again fo sure.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sallyyogaretreats_
GabrielaHPI, Duty Manager at Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Dear Sally,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International one more time to spend your time in London.

We are thrilled to read your comment featuring our cosy room and reception team. It is our primary aim to deliver a memorable experience to our guests and I am delighted you were looked after so well by Asmita who really do take such pleasure in looking after the every need of our guests.

Your wonderful experience is exactly what we aspire to deliver and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

SHPI gave me a very good impression during my stay in London. All the frontline staff were nice and helpful. In particular, I’d like to thank Asmita for her great customer service, detailed and problem solving.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EddieKYLaw

Dear Mr. Law,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

It thrills me to see that you have had a pleasant experience with us. It is our primary aim to deliver a memorable experience to our guests and I am delighted you were looked after so well by Asmita who really do take such pleasure in looking after the every need of our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!