“Beautiful place to visit”
Review of The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room
Ranked #6,390 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Description: We are a vintage style teashop, serving all day breakfast and lunch, afternoon tea, cakes and scones. Everything we make here fresh on a daily basis. We also have a gift shop, selling home interiors, vintage furniture and gifts.
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the waiting room last week, as I was thoroughly impressed by the food, service and the home interiors. I had a souffle omelette which was extremely delicious and a very good size portion for a good price. The selection of tea's was lovely and enjoyed my tea with my own pot and cup'n'saucer.
I would highly recommend visiting the waiting room and I wish company all the best I will definitely be back to visit!
Clearly the negative review didn't visit the same place as I did! Must be a very silly person as they misunderstood the concept completely!!

2  Thank FoodLover1789

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Unfortunately I did not not have a meal here but I did enjoy a coffee and a lovely home made cake. I found myself a chair at the back of the restaurant and enjoyed my coffee and cake in peace and quiet. The staff were attentive and greeted me quickly upon my arrival and I didn't have to wait to long for my order to arrive. There are tables laid out around the restaurant offering great value gifts and home ware which are worth a browse.
Its a great place to support the local community and to step away from the coffee chain shops.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This very cute family run business offers people a wonderful place to go and relax in a great setting. The food is amazing and is prepared with that uniqueness and care that you would only expect from your mum! The service is great and that can only be because the people actually care about what they do :-). I wish them every success ;-) great value, food, service and setting! You can even buy cute gifts. Highly recommend !!!

1  Thank Minoorpan
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great idea that has been executed poorly.
There is 100% a need for a food establishment on Totteridge Lane, but NOT this format.
They need to offer a broader 'cafe' type menu which could sit alongside the teas.
The girls are pleasant but the lads that work there clearly resent wearing an apron and oh boy does it show.
Too much focus on 'concept' and too little focus on the actual food.
No food in the window just junk and brick-a-brack.
(get a refrigerated window display in there urgently)
I walk past twice a day and it took me 6 weeks to realize it was a tea room and not a junk shop.
Menu seems to be egg based only.
Tasteless, undercooked scones.
And amazingly, for a brand-new business who opened on a very minor parade in the middle of a recession, they think it's ok to not open on a Monday, bizarre logic. You should open 7 days a week ladies, at least for the first 2 years.
The inside is so cluttered with junk, that it feels claustrophobic. Less is more, try to understand.
My advice, clear out 90% of the crap, focus on food and service.
Go and visit a real tea room and plagiarise the menu and serving ideas.
I recommend the tea room at the Tiptree Jam factory in Essex. It's open on Monday so you can go visit on your day off!

3  Thank Ross P
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited here recently for coffee and was very impressed by what was on offer. The brunches going past as I sipped my cappuccino looked delicious. I will definately be back to sample some! This is a really nice concept. Just a minute away from Whetstone High Road, close to the tube station this is a mixture of a cafe and shop. Full of character, selling various good quality items such as crockery and things for the home. Combined with good service, food and coffee this place is a winner in my eyes. Please note however that is a large discrepancy between the small and large cappuccinos. I had a small which really is on the small size, my husband had the large which was the size of a small soup bowl! We both found this slightly odd. The scones we had although lovely and light were also on the small side compared to other similar places. Despite this, we did like it enough to go again for brunch or lunch one day. It also makes a nice change from all the coffee chains currently dominating Whetstone High Road.

3  Thank Ruthie3005