The big advantage to this hotel is the location. It's a block and half from Paddington station, making travel around the city easy. It's also within walking distance of Hyde Park, which is a lovely place to waste an afternoon. The rooms are basic, but clean. The walls seemed thin, but nothing too horrible. You could tell that the furnishings and bedding were older, and could have been updated. Our room had a double bed, and three twins, two of which were pushed together to look like a king, but the mattresses were different. But again, it was perfectly clean and tidy. Just very basic.
Do note that there is NOT air conditioning, but the windows open allowing fresh air to come in. Just remember that it does up the noise level as most other guests will do the same.
The staff was very nice and helpful as well.
My biggest complaint here is the internet access. I believe that if you advertise that there is free wifi in the rooms, there should be free wifi in every room. Our room only had access if you stood right at the door. Others complained about this as well, and some guest who arrived shortly before we did actually had to change rooms to get access. It was clearly an issue as the bar was always packed with people trying to get online -- not with those trying to buy a drink.
Breakfast is very basic, but it worked. I'm used to an American continental breakfast, so perhaps my expectations were out of line. The ladies who worked the breakfast area were very nice as well.
Overall it's a good choice if you can get it for a good price. We used credit card points, but I have seen it listed for upwards of 140 GBP, and I don't think I'd be willing to pay that for this particular hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in beautiful Sussex Gardens, Days Inn London Hyde Park hotel is the perfect spot to launch your London getaway. You will enjoy being so close to the hottest shopping, restaurants and attractions the city has to offer when you stay at our London, UK, hotel near Hyde Park.Our non-smoking hotel in London provides value in a prime spot of the city, just four minutes from Paddington Station. Before heading out, get your day started with free continental breakfast. After a long day, relax in our on-site lounge and unwind with movies on your LCD flat-screen TV. A free continental buffet breakfast is included and free Wi-Fi Internet access makes it easy to check email and stay on top of the news. We offer laundry and dry cleaning service and a business center. Parking is limited, however alternative options are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Day London
- Days Hotel London Hyde Park