“Great Hotel”

Days Inn London Hyde Park
Ranked #430 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Small comfortable and very clean hotel.
Fully equipped with all traveler needs. Free breakfast and internet.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Underground (Paddingtong station) 4 blocks away.
Lots of shops and dininng options around the corner. Hyde park is only 10 minutes walk from hotel.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Softaildeluxestu4ever
There are newer reviews for Days Inn London Hyde Park

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hotel very close to Paddington station. Clean, tidy and comfortable room. My single room was small, but had everything I needed. The breakfast was a bit frugal, but fresh and kept me going for a couple of hours. The staff was friendly and helpful. A good place to stay if you want to be close to Paddington and don't plan to spend the days in your hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I noticed on the wall in the reception area that they had a sign saying they were rated highly by Trip Advisor in 2013. That shocked me, because all I can say about it is that it was average. The good things are that it was very close to Hyde Park and Paddington Station, and the breakfast is decent. The negatives are that the internet rarely worked in our room, and I had to go down to the tiny bar to work on my computer, which would sometimes be crowded and noisy. Our room was very cramped, but that is to be expected in old buildings. Also, we were at the top of stairs with no elevator access and had to carry up our heavy suitcases ourselves. I would stay here again if my visit were shorter, but we stayed for almost 2 weeks, and it was not comfortable enough for that length of time. It had one public computer to use, but no swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon H
Christos P, General Manager at Days Inn London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Shannon H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was disappointed to learn that overall, your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I apologise for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying at our hotel. We have identified that the wi-fi signal is not consistent in just a few limited areas of the hotel and are in the process of upgrading the entire system. We project that the upgrades will be completed by the end of May and are confident that when finished it will ensure a more consistent and fast signal throughout all areas of the hotel.

All our rooms are the standard size for Central London and we do upgrade our guests to larger rooms when we have availability. Most of our rooms have elevator access with no need to climb stairs but there are some which are located on mezzanine floors and require guests to use the stairwell. We do have a public computer in the lobby which is free to use, unfortunately we do not have a swimming pool but there are swimming baths in the local area.

Please accept my sincere apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Hyde Park and be able to restore your faith in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Room was shabby, bathroom was very very tiny.
We had a family too in the basement, staying with a 2 and 6 year old, the duvet cover and bed sheets stained (can live with that). My children tried watching TV during our stay and there was a narrator describing everything that happens on every channel, very annoying and my children were very upset whilst watching Toy Story on the TV, did complain about this and the service was terrible; the lady at reception said this was the same in every room so we weren't able to change rooms, also apparently there was no way to turn this narrator off. Again complained to the manager Christos Protopappa who whilst we nipped out for a short while checked the TV and when we came back he told us there was nothing wrong with the TV. So I asked him if I could go to the room and show him this silly narrator which I presume would be used for blond people, anyhow I showed him the issue, it was still happening with the narrator describing everything, he couldn't turn it off and said it was a recently new system that had been installed, Mr. Christos Protopappa did not offer any kind of apology. Disgusted with this hotel to be honest the TV issue spoilt it for the children as a result me if your children are unhappy = trip ruined. To he fair the breakfast was great and the hotel is very close to Paddingon Station. Better value and better quality hotels around than Days Inn I feel.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank RedToccata

Dear RedToccata

I apologise for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying at our hotel. I am shocked and horrified to hear that you found stains on your bed sheets and duvet cover, our housekeeping team maintain a very high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel and we have head housekeepers inspecting every room before checking in our guests.

I do remember taking a look at the television with yourself. The new flat screen televisions which have been newly installed in all our bedrooms did have an audio description for the visually impaired. This audio description was not part of the specification ordered and that is why it was a shock for us to find the narration. We have since discussed this with the engineers which installed the televisions and they have taken this narration option off of all our televisions.

I am surprised to hear you believe that I did not apologise to you as I did apologise to you several times while trying to solve the issues you were facing with your television. Nonetheless, I take this as an opportunity to once again offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced while staying with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Continental Buffet Breakfast we have since added to the variety of items on offer and I am happy to hear that you found our location in Central London ideal for your needs.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that in fact you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Hyde Park in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a girls weekend. Room was bigger than expected compared to other London hotels. I found the room to be very quiet with no noise from the road and the hotel was very clean and decorated to a good standard. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The location was good. A short walk to Hyde park and nearby underground stations.
I would defiantly return and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Rooms were so tiny that we asked to move twice! All the bathrooms appear to be incredibly small too! Almost no space to even turn in which made showering a real pain. But breakast was free and good as was free wifi. It is unusual to get free wifi in our experience in europe..Location was convenient to paddington tube and bus stops. No air conditioning although we didn't need it, I can only imagine how hot it would be in those little rooms. Try to get room 116.

Room Tip: Try to get 116
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Elisabethm

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us.

I was so disappointed to read that your time with us did not meet your expectations. Our rooms are the standard size for Central London.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Continental Buffet Breakfast and that our location was convenient for your needs, based in Central London just 3 minutes walk from Paddington Station. Unfortunately none of our rooms have air-conditioning but we do provide fans on request.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kind regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, the rooms are very small but we were only there to sleep. Very convenient to Paddington station and hyde park is only a couple of blocks away. Simple, clean and efficient.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family