“Nice small hotel”

Days Inn London Hyde Park
Ranked #430 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights after a 2-week cruise so we could see the sights of London. Used points for 2 nights, paid for the other. As I didn't know ANYTHING about where things are in London, I chose it purely for the fact it was near Hyde Park and the points. It turned out to be an excellent location -- right at Paddington Station, near about 17 restaurants, right on the HOHO bus route with a stop around the corner. Rooms are definitely small and very warm - even with the window open and the fan they provide. Very clean. Okay breakfast but got a little tired of the same things on day 3. I would stay here again probably mainly because of the location. Free wifi was great.

Room Tip: Maybe downstairs?? We were on the 2nd (actually 1/2 floor up from the lobby), and it was quite war...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christos P, General Manager at Days Inn London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Patti B

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am glad that you found our location convenient for your needs. We are located just three minutes walk from Paddington Station which is based in Central London and grants easy access to all the sites that London has to offer.

Our Buffet Continental Breakfast offers a variety of items including pastries, cereals, hams, cheeses, olives, breads, jams, fruits and also a choice of juices, teas and coffees. We offer free wifi and have just upgraded the wifi system throughout the entire hotel ensuring that all rooms have a fast consistent connection.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn London Hyde Park

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed overnight here in a top floor (4th) twin room. It was in the attic, compact shall I say, but adequate for a short visit and clean enough. It was very warm but they did provide a fan so must have been aware of the fact and acted on it. I booked 6 months in advance and paid £88 b&b so decent value but it's a lot more expensive if you book with less notice. The breakfast was continental and nothing special, definitely not something to look forward to. I'd say given the option I'd stay room only and eat out for breakfast. That's not something I'd usually do but would do here to get a decent breakfast.
It's very close to Paddington and transport links but in a quiet area. I would consider here again but there is a huge selection of similar places in the area so competition is tough.
I'd say this place was a 3 but bumped up to a 4 by location and value. I don't think providing a cooked breakfast would cost them a lot more and it would add to the value and attraction of the place. Oh, also has free wi-fi, worked ok on the top floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Llanelli

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

Our rooms are the standard size for Central London. As you noted our rooms are cleaned thoroughly, our housekeeping team maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel. We do not have air conditioning in the hotel but we do have fans available on request.

I am glad that you found our location convenient for your needs. We are based just three minutes walk from Paddington Station which is located in Central London and has easy access to all the major tourist attractions and sites in London.There are many restaurants located within short walking distance of the hotel. Our Continental Buffet Breakfast serves a variety of items and is included in the room rate. I am glad to hear that you connected easily to our wifi connection.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Hyde Park.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Kudos to Christos who couldn't have done more to help resolve my wifi issues in the bar, my 5 score is based on customer service. If you have any issues here just ask, I'm confident they'll be happy to help.

Room Tip: 108 and 109 perfect for smokers
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BeesM123

Dear BeesM123

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Days Inn Hyde Park.

I am glad that we were able to resolve your wireless issues, the wifi has just been newly upgraded and now provides a strong consistent signal throughout the entire hotel. As you noted, if any guests have any queries or encounter any issues throughout their stay we try to resolve them as soon as possible. Our front office team are warm and welcoming and try to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Hyde Park.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Price is good, breakfast is good. Same hotel cross the street was more expensive without the breakfast.
Location is good as well, you have some nice restaurants just outside of the hotel.
We got the triple room and it was good enough for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ariel W

Our breakfast is a Continental Breakfast. I am glad to hear that you found our location convenient for your needs. Days Inn Hyde Park is located just three minutes walk from Paddington Station which is in Central London and is ideal for both business travelers and tourists alike. There are also several restaurants with many different cuisines located around the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Rooms very small and no room to open your suitcase.! No air conditioning. But the staff mostly helpful. It was close to Paddington Station and made travel to other locations easy. I did like the free use of the computer in the bar.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building give you a good breeze as there is no A/C but the rooms are super...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mary C

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Our rooms are the standard size for Central London. The hotel does not provide any air-conditioning throughout the hotel but we do have fans available on request.

I am glad to hear that you found our front office team helpful, they provide a warm and welcoming service and try to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. I am glad to hear that you found our location convenient for your needs. Days Inn Hyde Park is located just three minutes from Paddington Station which is situated in Central London and is ideal for both tourists and business travelers alike.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room was very small, the bathroom did smell !! The location was good, reception as well. Check in and out was quick. Breakfast was basic, room was in the basement and not friendly. I would not come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank S

Dear Frank S

I apologise that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our rooms are the standard size for Central London.

I apologise for the smell which you experienced in the bathroom, we are reviewing our procedures with regards to the amount of chemicals which we use in the bathrooms in order to decrease the strength of the chemical smell. The breakfast served is a Buffet Continental Breakfast.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that in fact you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Hyde Park in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel came with our Eurostar booking. The room is a solid 3 star. Okay to stay in for a night or two, but nothing I would want to stay in for much longer with our family of four. The location is very nice. A block from the beautiful Hyde Park, and at the end of a "Big Bus" line if you want to do the hop-on, hop-off double decker busses. There are some nice pubs within walking distance. The breakfast was decent, not great, and the service was very good. The free WIFI worked well. Our room was below the lobby level so we had a room with a window mostly covered in ivy. All in all, a decent place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear carlag

I am glad that you found our location convenient for your needs. Days Inn Hyde Park is based just three minutes walk from Paddington Station which is located in Central London and allows easy access to all the sites which London has to offer.

The breakfast served is a Continental Buffet Breakfast. I am glad to hear that you found that the service was good. Our front office team provide a warm and friendly service, trying to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Our wifi has just been upgraded throughout the entire hotel and it now provides a strong signal throughout.