Days Inn London Hyde Park
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
1,141 results
All reviewspaddington stationsussex gardenshyde parkgreat locationcontinental breakfastheathrow expressboiled eggstriple roomyogurtfree wificold meatswould stay here againsmall hotelfew minutes walkoxford streetclean hotelearly check
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Service is second to non location is perfect for any London stay great breakfast very nice polite. Staff very clean and tidy great nite sleep rooms are very fair size for a London hotel lots of things to do close by great places to eat will always return here when in London

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Mrp1974
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just what we needed, a place to rest our heads while we visited London! The room was small but adequate. with all the usual amenities-kettle, teas and coffee, iron on demand but trouser press in the room! Breakfast- the Continental kind was a great surprise- not the usual plastic- wrapped Danish but a smorgasbord of meats, cheese, eggs along with cereals, yogurt, fruit, toast and pastries. The location was ideal- a short walk to Hyde Park and or the Paddington underground for Heathrow! The street was quite busy so a little noisy at peek times but as the hotel stands back on a tree-lined street the traffic isn't right under the windows. Not luxury but the price was right!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jteatime
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This Days Inn has the smallest plain non decorative rooms I've ever seen. The bed was literally against the window frame and there was about 10 feet of walking space in the entire room. No AC. The staff and owner left alot to be desired (extremely rude). I will NEVER stay there again. Don't be fooled... looks great on the outside and its in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Ian P
Christos P, General Manager at Days Inn London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Ian P

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

I apologise that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our rooms are the standard size for Central London. All our rooms are decorated with neutral colours such as ivory and beige in order to appeal to the majority of people which prefer relaxing colours in their bedrooms.

We do not have any air-conditioning throughout the hotel but we can provide a fan on request. We believe in maintaining our environment, we use 50% recycled paper and we recycle over 70% of our day to day wastage, we have a green team which review our policies and procedures and monitor our energy consumption on a monthly basis. We believe in keeping a low carbon footprint and unfortunately installing air-conditioning units would not keep us in line with our objectives.

I am horrified that you found the staff and the owner extremely rude. I will undertake a thorough investigation in order to find out why the staff have been rude to you and I hope that you accept my sincere apologies on their behalf. Our front office team are warm and courteous and always happy to help our guests with any query which they may have.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Christos Protopapa

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Location, Location, Location - perfect for travelers coming from Heathrow. For the price this was a perfect location. Only a 2-3 minute walk from Paddington Station, so very convenient when traveling on Heathrow Express with a suitcase. You are also in central London with access to buses, Underground and overground trains, all within a short walking distance. My room was compact with an en-suite bathroom, but no smaller than others I have stayed in for London. I did not have breakfast at the hotel so can not comment on the food service, but the front desk was so helpful. I arrived early and they didn't hesitate to find me a room for an early check-in so I could take a nap after a long flight. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative I see is that for Americans traveling in the summer there is no air-conditioning. This is the norm in England and may take a day or two to get used to the idea. Free Wifi definite PLUS

Room Tip: I have included a photo of the entrance to my room which was on the ground floor and one of three rooms with their entrance from a cute little courtyard. Only negative, it could occasionally be a little noisy because of location to service rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 245elizabethk
Reviewed 8 August 2014

A most enjoyable stay. It was a short trip to London for a little sightseeing for my mom's birthday.

The rooms were impeccably clean thanks to the diligence of a most friendly cleaning staff; they never get a look in with these reviews. The desk staff were friendly and very helpful. I was waiting for them to roll their eye's at my typical tourist questions, but alas I was greeted with an enthusiastic smile, a map and a genuine willingness to help.

Mom and I had single rooms, albeit small, but exactly what we needed and it is London after all! The abundance of tea and coffee making facilities were greatly appreciated too.

Location is unbelievable with both Paddington and Lancaster Stations within an easy walk of the hotel. The area is vibrant and has some nice restaurants, parks (Hyde Park 8 minute walk) and typical high street shops.

Room Tip: Air Conditioning!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family