“Very friendly lot”

Ranked #754 of 1,067 Hotels in London
KL
“Very friendly lot”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 days. I ended up here as I live in Glasgow and was due to travel with family from Heathrow on a round Asia trip. I initially chose this place as its close to where my family live and was at a reasonable price. The people running this place are just so friendly. In fact they are probably the most friendly Ive seen manning a hotel. From the moment I entered they make you feel at ease with a friendliness I normally expect when I stay at a friends house. This place though luxury wise is nothing special though, a bit Spartan, simple basic home luxuries only. So if your looking for a mini Hilton id recommend another place and a willingness to pay more. It does though sit in a fantastic location with shops and transport hubs near by. This was one of the few locations ive managed to get to a hotel just using public transport as opposed to expensive taxis. Although they have little here facilities wise what they do have is kept very clean. One of the cleanest out of all the B&Bs I've stayed in.

Room Tip: If youve got a ton of luggage like me ask for room 2 its right next to the front door. The room is a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank 1955Morag_S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

all the previous reviews are just plain lies,the place is a disgrace and should be closed down as it is a bad excuse for an hote,dirty,scruffy and the breakfast was absolutely disgusting more grease than food on the plate and im not exagerrating

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bluemoon89

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Was a few days there, had been in other hotels in the sector of Victoria and didn't like the treatment I got. This hotel is small, but the owners and workers make you feel at home. Lucky to find this place.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Wenchu
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Was originally booked into the Golden Star Hotel down the road from this 'Hotel', to be told that after bit of light rain there was several rooms that were "water damaged", and had to be placed elsewhere.

We were shown down the road to the Limegrove Hotel, which ended up through a few doors which looked like private areas, into a room that was marked with nothing more than a 'z' scraped into the key and the door.

Upon entering the room, is became apparent that we were actually in half a room. From looking at the ceiling decoration it was clear that at one point the room next door was actually part of the same room, explaining why it was so amazingly small.
There were two single beds, not even pushed together even though we'd requested a double, and had to put the chairs on one bed to be able to move them together it was that small.
It was old, worn, and I've stayed in nicer youth hostels.

The shared toilet was also terrible and stank. Hot water was all it had going for it.

Breakfast was delivered to the door (hot drink, toast, corn flakes), and was ok, although very basic and no choice other than tea or coffee).

Location is great, really handy for the Victoria transport exchange and other central London sights, but that's pretty much all it's got going for it.

Overall? I'd have preferred to have paid less and stayed in a Youth Hostel, as at least you're getting what you're expecting.

Room Tip: Avoid room 'Z'
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven G
JoyceVincent, Manager at Limegrove Hotel London, responded to this review, 15 December 2015
Sorry to disagree with this comment as we are nothing like this.He should be lucky to have a room in this hotel where we went to the help of another hotelier with a sudden maintenance problem. With all the satisfied customers which they can't be all wrong?
fuzhou
Reviewed 22 February 2013

it\s a nice hotel, the manager and staff there are very friendly and easy-going, and the english breakfast there is very good, they gave me two eggs(very delicious) and plenty of toasts. and the location of the hotel is near the victoria station, you can go to many places of interests by walking.

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floors are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Michelle W
Tokyo
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I spent my Christmas in London and stayed in Limegrove hotel,well run by Joyce And her girls.She always obliged me with my needs.I am very concerned about these negative comments which has no relevance to the type of budget hotel Limegrove is.It's a breath of fresh air to come to a hotel pampered with breakfast(English) served in the room.Must say the rooms are clean and carpets are deliberately soiled by bad customers spilling coffee and tea,perhaps deliberately to complain about.She has a time getting this uptodate.Joyce terminates the stay of bad customers and they react with bad reviews and one such was the photos deliberately taken by one such person where she had messed up the bed,pulled the TV off the wall and placed a dustbin on the window and it's obvious that this was a deliberate act of wickedness against these genuine hotelier.I hope trip advisor removes this without giving opportunities for such vile people.

The area where this hotel is central to all attraction and fine pubs and restaurants.I would buy a day travel card to get about,if you are on a shoe string.

Room Tip: If you need the shops or places to eat exit the hotel then turn right. Towards the end of the road t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Stephen M
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I visited London to have a holiday with my wife to celebrate our aneversery and to see our daughter studying in the UK. A friend recently back from London recommended this place to us and gave us an e mail address from which you have to book. Ill admit I was a bit unsatisfied having to telephone and wait awhile to check my card had been accepted and my booking confirmed but on arrival I was most satisfied. The room was clean and the service was prompt and good in particular the receptionists who were very helpful. For instant i accidently asked for a twin bed room (2 separate beds) instead of a double but as late as it was the staff quickly changed the bed for us. Whats more when I extended by stay for two more days having stayed 5 already I was given a good discount and we got a bottle of wine as a gift from the management when they found out that it was our anerversery. Like my friend who was here before I will deffinatley recommend this place to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple