“Enchanting! Absolutely loved our stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Griffin House Holiday Apartments
Ranked #90 of 929 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I nearly didn't book this place because of the negative review but boy oh boy am I glad I did! Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions but this is what awaited us:
Really friendly, lovely hosts.
A spotless, pleasant smelling apartment.
A comforting, lovely home from home feeling (the place has character and the hosts have thought of everything!)
Very spacious; making it excellent value.
Two very comfy beds.
A stunning garden (esp for London - as others have said).
And if you get the chance to meet Barney and Filou DO; they're gorgeous (I wanted to bring Barney home with me :])

Thank you so much for your incredible, 5-star, ultra thoughtful hosting!

I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.. I just hope it's available next time I stay in London.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank LaylsUk
griffinhouseowner, Owner at Griffin House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about Griffin House, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay here. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

we have been to this great place for the third time now.
what can i say - its feels like coming home into your own apartment in london.

ben and nic are absolutly the best - warm, welcoming, helpful and much much more.

i especially enjoy the fact, that after a long day in the city, you can take
advantage of the kitchen, and have a nice meal together, or just take the
night off and watch some telly in the living room.

loved the garden as well - great to unwind, enjoy the sun, and just having a good time.
also loved playing with barney and filou.

can't wait to come back.
all thumbs up, a fabulous place to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank alexander_uk_1985
Reviewed 3 September 2012

London is always worth a visit. If you decide to go there we can definitely recommand you this accommodation.

First of all we have to say that the owners are just awesome - friendly, helpful, obliging, funny etc. ... we have had such a great time together :) ... and I don´t want to forget Barney, their dog, he´s one of a kind.

We stayed at the garden apartment. It has it´s own entrance and you can get directly to the garden. I can not describe the beauty in words, but the colours and flowers make you feel like being in the middle of a tropical rain forest. They raise figs, kiwis, tomatos etc. and the breakfast egg comes directely from their hens :)

The apartment has two very nice bedrooms, a well-appointed kitchen, a bathroom and a livingroom (flat TV) and you find everything what you need. Especially the availability of free WLAN was important for us. They score with cleanness, nice equipment and the factor of "feeling home".

The apartment is situated in a quite area. A supermarket is just opposite the apartment and you can reach the next tubestations (Clapham or Stockwell) within five minutes. In Clapham you will also find several bars/pubs and restaurants. We can recommand "strada" - its an italian restaurant ... very good.

You can easily reach the center of London ... 4-5 tubestations ... it will take you approximately 15-20min.

We want to thank Ben&Nic for an unforgettable time and we will definitely come back next year.

xx
J.+K.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julian_Schmid
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Firstly, I have to make known the exceptional level of profesionalism shown by both Ben & Nic, these 2 really know how to make you feel at home and part of their family!

We stayed in both apartments and both were truly amazing, the garden apartment was personally our favourite of the 2; the AMAZING TUB in the upstairs was a truly welcome surprise!.

Location and the area were great, Stockwell tube was no more than a 5 minute walk away and both Brixton and Clapham high streets were no more than 10 minutes on foot. Getting to ANY MAJOR attraction was absolutely no problem at all.

In regards to the complaints about the animals, we found both Barney and Filou to be extremely respectful and did not enter either apartment once whilst we were there. We were warmly greeted each morning outside by Filou and having Barney around assuaged our missing our little guy here at home.

Due to comfortability and warmth that we received, we will definately be staying again in the future and have no problems recommending them to anyone of our friends and relatives travelling to London

Room Tip: Either apartment is amazing. I would say that the Garden apartment is more convenient for families a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gay2some
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I began looking for places to stay in London a year or so ago and after much research I decided on staying at the Griffin House.
I had the Garden Apartment which was amazing- lots of room, a private entrance, and kitchen area to cook in- who could ask for anything more?
Griffin House is easy to find(I needed to learn how to read a map) and very convenient to bus and tube lines. Save yourself some time and get your Oyster Card( used for all mass transit in London) before you leave to London.
When we got there, Nic was there to greet us but we got a chance to meet both Nic and Ben and both were the perfect hosts. Both were extremely helpful to me- I got pickpocketed in Paris on a day trip and if it was not for them offering to help me , I would have wasted a lot of time looking for office stores to fax and email needed forms and documents. I don't really see a hotel offering this type of help. For this I will always be eternally grateful.
We found eggs, milk, tea, and fruit upon our arrival which was kindly welcome and unexpected.
There was a supermarket across the street which made it an easy and quick shop to get additional groceries.
In between the rain showers, we were able to take advantage of the garden area in the back - just beautiful. Also got to meet Barney and cat- I have both at home so it is always good to see pets around!
The sleeping areas were nice and the the temperature was very nice which allowed us to open windows as such and enjoy the nice breeze.
The wireless internet was also welcome- we had phones that did not receive calls in Europe but had wi-fi access and were able to keep in contact thru email, instant messaging and Skype.
For the price , I think this place is a hidden gem.
We loved it so much, we are planning to come back next year for 2 weeks.
I would definitely recommend advise booking long in advance as I know they are full most of the time.

Room Tip: I prefer the Garden unit as it has its own entrance but you cannot go wrong with either.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rhernandez1205
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I found Griffin House through an internet search. I had the upper suite which was perfect for me and my length of stay. Nick and Ben were perfect hosts and I appreciate their friendliness and welcome. The guest house is located very conveniently to the tube station and is a perfect jump-off point to anywhere in London. I have no complaints and I hope I was a good guest.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AllaninWanderland
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

We found the Griffin house apartments by chance on trip advisor and are really glad we chose to stay here.
After a tiring journey, Nick was ready to welcome us into his wonderful home with the adorable 'Barney' by his side.
- I would like to say that they also have a cat, but we only saw him once on the third day of our stay and even though we are both allergic to cats antihistamines were not required!
We stayed in the upstairs two bedroom apartment which is light, airy and spacious with a lovely view over the incredible garden, complete with chickens.
The kitchen is very well equipped.
There was fresh milk and eggs in the fridge and fruit in a bowl. Coffee, tea and sugar. Tea towels and washing up liquid are also provided. But Nick and Ben were often on hand if we needed anything.
The location is ideal, whether you choose Clapham or Stockwell, both are 10 mins walk away with cafes, restaurants and bars to suit everyone. There's also a costcutter over the road which was cheaper than our local supermarket!
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012