Griffin House Holiday Apartments
US$256
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat hostsupstairs apartmenttube stationquick accessa wonderful stayshort walk
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We had the garden apartment and found it to be clean, tastefully decorated, cozy and private. Our hosts Ben and Nic were charming and gave our family a warm welcome, even bringing fresh eggs from their hens. Barney was a big hit with our daughters, Ben gave us some great restaurant recommendations and the location allowed convenient access to the underground and a quick ride to all we wanted to see and do while in London. Having children, we particularly appreciated the full kitchen and well stocked Market directly across the street for cooking staples. We will definitely stay here again if we have the opportunity. Thanks Ben and Nic!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank steffian
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Found this gem in South London. I recommend this accommodation highly. Clean and quiet. Sits on a side street off Stockwell. Just a couple minutes walk from Stockwell Tube Station. Also up the street is Bus #2 that takes you to the tube or directly to Victoria Station.(which is not a bad ride) What can I say about the hosts Ben & Nic. Everything I have read prior to my trip is definetly true. Two great guys with great personalities and extremely friendly. Made you feel very welcomed. We arrived early from our week stay in Ireland. The room was not quite ready but they were more than happy to hold our bags and even took them up to our room when it was ready. They also lent me an umbrella which I neglected to bring. Never had to use one in London on previous trips however weather was not very cooperative. My hsuband and I stayed in the Upstairs apartment. Very roomey and received plenty of natural light even though it was overcast the whole time we were there! Can sleep up to four but with two of us, there was plenty of room. The bathroom was spacious with a sklylight. Nice touch. It was also nice to have a full service kitchen to cook some meals instead of eating out every night. There is a convenience store right across the street usuallu open in the eve nings until 8p. If you like animals they have two wonderful pets dog-Barney and their cat Filou. My husband is a cat lover, but we loved playing with both of them. Barney would meet us at the door when we would arrive back at the apartment. Some comments have been made about the neighborhood. I can assure you it is quite safe. It is a multi-ethnic area, and being from San Francisco, it was like being a home. Those of you who come from small quieter towns let it be known it's safe. As with traveling anywhere, you should keep your wits about you.. At night take a taxi home as we did on our late nights out in town. For my Gay brothers and sisters, this was a peace of heaven away from all the hubub of centreal London. Vauxhall, just a 10 minute walk from the apartment or one stop from Stockwell Tube was vey convenient. All the club, bars and everything you may want to do in Vauxhall. It's great area for some nighttime fun. Especially for the boys!!! If anyone likes the hominess of B&B's with space to spread out in. This place is for you. We are planning our next trip and we will definitely be back. Thanks again to Ben & NIc for a very memorable stay in London. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: 3rd Floor apartment very spacious and sunny! More than enough room for two people can sleep up to 4 persons. Beds very comfortable. Nice size bathroom with tub/shower combo. Nice to have a home cooked meal instead of restaurants every night. Saves money!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I nearly didn't book this place because of the negative review but boy oh boy am I glad I did! Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions but this is what awaited us:
Really friendly, lovely hosts.
A spotless, pleasant smelling apartment.
A comforting, lovely home from home feeling (the place has character and the hosts have thought of everything!)
Very spacious; making it excellent value.
Two very comfy beds.
A stunning garden (esp for London - as others have said).
And if you get the chance to meet Barney and Filou DO; they're gorgeous (I wanted to bring Barney home with me :])

Thank you so much for your incredible, 5-star, ultra thoughtful hosting!

I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.. I just hope it's available next time I stay in London.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank LaylsUk
griffinhouseowner, Owner at Griffin House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about Griffin House, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay here. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

we have been to this great place for the third time now.
what can i say - its feels like coming home into your own apartment in london.

ben and nic are absolutly the best - warm, welcoming, helpful and much much more.

i especially enjoy the fact, that after a long day in the city, you can take
advantage of the kitchen, and have a nice meal together, or just take the
night off and watch some telly in the living room.

loved the garden as well - great to unwind, enjoy the sun, and just having a good time.
also loved playing with barney and filou.

can't wait to come back.
all thumbs up, a fabulous place to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank alexander_uk_1985
Reviewed 3 September 2012

London is always worth a visit. If you decide to go there we can definitely recommand you this accommodation.

First of all we have to say that the owners are just awesome - friendly, helpful, obliging, funny etc. ... we have had such a great time together :) ... and I don´t want to forget Barney, their dog, he´s one of a kind.

We stayed at the garden apartment. It has it´s own entrance and you can get directly to the garden. I can not describe the beauty in words, but the colours and flowers make you feel like being in the middle of a tropical rain forest. They raise figs, kiwis, tomatos etc. and the breakfast egg comes directely from their hens :)

The apartment has two very nice bedrooms, a well-appointed kitchen, a bathroom and a livingroom (flat TV) and you find everything what you need. Especially the availability of free WLAN was important for us. They score with cleanness, nice equipment and the factor of "feeling home".

The apartment is situated in a quite area. A supermarket is just opposite the apartment and you can reach the next tubestations (Clapham or Stockwell) within five minutes. In Clapham you will also find several bars/pubs and restaurants. We can recommand "strada" - its an italian restaurant ... very good.

You can easily reach the center of London ... 4-5 tubestations ... it will take you approximately 15-20min.

We want to thank Ben&Nic for an unforgettable time and we will definitely come back next year.

xx