“Bank Holiday Weekend”

Ranked #413 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Bank Holiday Weekend”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very centrally located hotel.. Absolute bargain, anyone looking for a place to stay in central London for a reasonable price you can't go wrong with this Hotel..Its walking distance from Oxford Street,Regents Street, all major Railway Stations,Regents park is five minutes walk away..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Ibrahim Huseyin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A nice clean double room with a comfortable bed in central London for £35 a night - what more could we ask for? We had no complaints. Great location next to the station, underground and buses. We also found it was near to a Tesco Express so we could buy a snack and a bottle of wine. A warm welcome from the Receptionist. A room on the first floor. Everything in the room neat and tidy. Tea and coffee. Very comfortable bed. Perfect. It was great value for money and we'd be very happy to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had room 114 which was quiet and overlooked an inner courtyard and little used parking area. Don...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stotty24
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I would avoid this hotel!

This is due to the fact that I had booked 2 double rooms but on arrival was told I was getting a single and a double. I had to argue with the persons reception telling them that these were not the rooms I booked. I proceeded to get my confirmation email up on my phone which clearly stated I booked 2 double.
I was then given the 2 double rooms.....which means they were obviously available.

Furthermore, there are only 20 hair dryers in this hotel available from reception and there are many rooms. I went down early in the morning to get one and there were none left. I then had to leave the hotel for my appointment with soaking wet hair. Very disappointing and I now have a terrible cold.

Also the person on reception wasn't very helpful and simply told me they couldn't ask other guests if they were finished with it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My room was a little to light for me to sleep with just now and asked reception and spoke to a guy called (Naphie) to ses whether I could change rooms.
I'm now in a much better room with no light and less noisy. Thank you :)

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Heatherrus
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a comfortable sleep. The room is slightly smaller than expected but it was still okay. We initially thought that we could fit 3 people in the room but unfortunately we weren't able to. Just book 2 rooms if you are thinking of travelling with 3 people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

swansea
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic weekend. Friendly helpfull staff. Clean room with a vey comfortable sleepeezie bed. Considering buying one. Central location, with excellent transport links. Will definitely be staying here again. Good value for money. If you want the savoy then pay savoy prices. Booked beakfast, which wasn't available, had our money refunded with no problems.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mogzy41
Cirencester
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed overnight recently on a Friday. The bedroom was faultless, having been recently refurbished, and it is good to see Travelodge providing body wash/shampoo at long last! The location next to Marylebone railway station and Underground station is excellent. The reception staff were also very welcoming.

However, my stay was spoilt by external noise. On arrival in the afternoon, scaffolding and timber was being thrown onto a lorry for about an hour. At night, traffic noise from occasional boy racers, and at 3.30am by noise from a huge lorry delivering clean laundry to the hotel prevented me from having a proper night's sleep. The noise from large laundry trolleys being dragged out from the rear of the lorry into the delivery bay continued for about ½ hour. Although Travelodge can do nothing about traffic noise (apart from better sound insulation), they can control the timing of laundry deliveries to their hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge London Central Marylebone, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We are pleased to learn you had a pleasant stay but it is regrettable to learn you were disturbed by noise outside of the hotel cirentrip. This hotel is in a central location therefore some external noise may be heard however we do try to reduce the noise outside by providing double glazing and insulated walls. We are pleased to confirm however that recently Travelodge have now ensured that all deliveries on site will only take place after 7am. We are truly sorry to learn of the inconvenience caused on this occasion.