“My retreat and treat”
Review of Gentlemen's Tonic

Gentlemen's Tonic
Ranked #55 of 717 Spas & Wellness in London
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I discovered them in Selfridges and then I moved to the better location behind the Berkeley square, in Bruton, a small hidden street. I go there once a month and it’s my little private happiness place. Ask for a Bloody Mary as soon as you arrive and the have a wet shave in a private booth watching or listening, as I close my eyes, to sports. Every time it’s done by a different barber guy who has an amazing story to say. One he escaped long time ago from Syria, the next one was from Cuba and his family is still there, the last one was from Algeria. All real old fashion barbers. Finish with a hand manicure, the lady gives brilliant advices.

3  Thank Valentin M

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went here upon recommendation by a friend. I booked my treatments online, but they had only got 1 of them registered so will advise you to probably phone to ensure they got all your treatments booked. Nevertheless, they saw the error on the day when I showed up and quickly readjusted things to ensure I got all my treatments with a little wait as possible -- which actually turned into no wait at all.

I had the Deep Tissue massage with Maria - she was EXTREMELY GOOD! I have had several around London and also outside of London and this was definitely the best. She also did my Detox Facial which also surprisingly came with a hand massage which filled the time during which the warm towel was placed on your face to soften your skin and open your pores.

I also did the Bespoke Hand and Bespoke Foot Treatments, but with another therapist. These were enjoyable, and I almost fell asleep while receiving them. But I was hoping it included a good massage or even the soaking-in-a-bag-of-hot-wax thing.

My only disappointment is that the treatments on their website aren't described in detail so you may need to call or query what exactly is involved -- and I understand they probably didn't want to load their website with too much information to read.

But nevertheless, bottomline is, everything that I booked was done EXTREMELY WELL and I left feeling great.

They provide a very friendly, professional and expert service (just like Mathew said) and provide an enviroment tailored to men.

Well worth the price, at least for the after-feeling! I will be going back to try even more treatments, like the wet shave etc.

5  Thank James D
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I go along to GT at Mayfair every 6 weeks for eyebrow threading - tucked away down a tranquil mews, it is well worth a visit - ask for Imad - professional, friendly and expert in the field. I always leave feeling refreshed having already booked in my next visit.

4  Thank MathewLondon