“Exemplary professionalism and expertise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gentlemen's Tonic

Gentlemen's Tonic
Ranked #44 of 312 Spas & Wellness in London
“Exemplary professionalism and expertise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

In the several years that I have been enjoying massages and other spa treatments here, the service has been perfect every time. Everybody genuinely wants to make your experience the best it can be, on all occasions.

There are many different treatments or packages that can make all the difference when you are feeling lethargic and need to be reinvigorated. It truly is great value for such superb service.

Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“great place, very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been going to this place for a few years now, both for massage and haircuts. I would strongly recommend anyone to treat oneself to this! It can also be a great idea for a gift to someone dear. It is a hidden gem in a nice little quiet street in Mayfair. The service is excellent; as soon as you arrive you are offered a nice drink (e.g. Bloody Mary). Both the haircuts and the massage are very professional but also unrushed, which is very pleasant; you really do get treated as a king! This place is also very privileged to count Maria as one of their masseuses, as she is very talented.

Visited March 2014
“Consistently exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The stresses of a life in London melt away as soon as you enter this venerable establishment discreetly tucked away in Mayfair. The service is professional, warm and personalised. The treatments are delivered with the highest level of assured competence and consideration of your wishes. The atmosphere is understated, peaceful and refined. I have enjoyed being a patron for over four years.

Visited April 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awful, avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went there for a haircut and shave, explained I wanted my hair to grow longer and explained that in April I'll get married and wanted more or less the same length by that time back.

Got a massive haircut, I was like 5/10cm, on the side and in the back I am like 1cm now.

No head massage, no particular care when washing my hair either.

Any other hairdresser in London, any cheap or expensive would check the temperature of the water, would say something, not this one, nothing.

No wet shave at all, just some razor trimming and then with blades on try skin.
Got a minor cut under my nose, the employee was pretty brutal with the electric razor, went in my nose (painfully) a few times. Didn't even bother putting some lotion or after shave after.

Didn't put any lotion/wax whatever on my head either.

Went home I found that I also had a line of hair still in my chin, which I had to shave myself.

Today, after a shower I noticed longer hair (5/6mm) where the beard is 2/3mm, left there.

If it was only sunnier today I'd probably notice more failures over my head.

I feel like a toilet cleaner shaved my face and cut my hair. I should have asked for my money back at the exit, seventy two pounds and it will take me at least 6 months to get my hair back as they were.

Good reviews here, so maybe was only my specific hairdresser was a bad one, so there you go her name is something like Ines, Peruvian.

I would anyway just in case avoid this overpriced place, I usually go for hairdressing at Clapham Gro, for 35£ they treat me like a king and I never been dissatisfied, not to mention the barber on the high street which for 10/15£ shaves me perfectly with care and precision.

Visited January 2014
Lucy B, Manager at Gentlemen's Tonic, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Sir,

It is with great concern and regret we noted your review outlining the problems you experienced with our service and treatments carried out within our Mayfair establishment.

First and foremost, on behalf of Gentlemen’s Tonic, I would like to personally apologise for the delay in responding and for any inconvenience caused.

We accept full responsibility for the issues raised and I wish to assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future.
Thank you for bringing these to our attention.

We value our customers immensely and therefore hope, that you will give us the opportunity to rectify the problems raised.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind regards

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 236 helpful votes
“My retreat and treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I discovered them in Selfridges and then I moved to the better location behind the Berkeley square, in Bruton, a small hidden street. I go there once a month and it’s my little private happiness place. Ask for a Bloody Mary as soon as you arrive and the have a wet shave in a private booth watching or listening, as I close my eyes, to sports. Every time it’s done by a different barber guy who has an amazing story to say. One he escaped long time ago from Syria, the next one was from Cuba and his family is still there, the last one was from Algeria. All real old fashion barbers. Finish with a hand manicure, the lady gives brilliant advices.

Visited December 2013