“We Love Staying here!!”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #337 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again New Year's Eve to see London's fireworks and it didn't fail to impress! the room as usual was clean and great view if St. Paul's cathedral!! nice toiletries and the shower is fab!! we stayed on a romance package so had a glass of champagne on arrival, tasty New Year's Eve dinner (also included a glass of champagne) cooked breakfast the next day and late checkout! also included was a massage per person! can't rate it highly enough! try this package! great value for money!! thank you grange at Paul's for another fabulous stay in London :0)

Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (4,407)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was my second stay and I'll be back! The staff are great, hotel itself presented beautifully and the bedrooms are spacious and well appointed (robes and slippers, iron, ironing board, trouser press, tea and coffee making facilities, minibar & hair dryer).
The hotel is in a great location, close to the millennium bridge, a shopping centre and the tube station.
Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at the Grange St. Paul's over the Christmas holiday. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were amazingly clean. The location was perfect for us. Conceirge friendly and very knowledgeable. Their knowledge was a great bonus for staying at the Grange versus renting an apartment for a week which we had considered. We enjoyed being in the hustle and bustle of Leicester Square/Picadilly/Soho location in the evening for shows and then taking the tube back to the quiet location of St. Paul's. From the St. Paul's location we walked everywhere or easily took the tube. We only dined at the hotel for Christmas buffet which was OK. We did not include breakfast with our room because we find our teenagers would rather sleep and just have a power bar as we head out. The time change is not conducive to waking up early. The beds are very firm but sheets comfortable. We had adjoining rooms which made it nice for our family. The fitness area was very nice and always had the equipment we needed. Our room overlooked the atrium and we were never really sure what the weather was like outside. I kind of missed looking out a window, but I guess we had no street noise. However, there doesn't appear to be a lot of street noise in this borough at night. The showers and toiletries were great. There is a hot pot in the room to make instant coffee/tea.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Grange St Paul's for one night while I was in London for a training course. It was a great stay. Staff were helpful and the room was very comfortable. I had a brilliant night's sleep as the curtains blocked out all light, the bed was really comfy and it was nice and quiet. The spa was was beautifully maintained - I enjoyed spending time in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you have the time. My only criticism of my stay was that the room service food I ordered could have been better, but I wasn't expecting it to be amazing..!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lbro00
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed in the London Tower Grange hotel some time ago and got a great weekend deal and a fantastic large room so thought i would try St Paul's. It was just before Christmas so deals were a bit thin on the ground but managed to get a lastminute.com mystery deal which given its near St Paul's wasn't that difficult to guess what the mystery hotel was. The reception staff were excellent and we were offered a suite but was told it was a short walk away. Apparently they are large family rooms with a kitchen in a building across the road. As I specifically wanted to use the spa in the morning we elected to stay with the standard room within the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable but was a quarter of the size we had at the tower. The spa is easily reached in the basement and has a nice pool, steam room and whirl pool. The steam room was one of the best I have used but getting in to the whirl pool can be a bit awkward. Stepping in you soon find its far deeper than expected and as I bounced off the far wall I was told by one of the occupants that's exactly what hey did. Recovering in the pool you make out the warning sign! Hotel is well placed, has a fantastic atrium but the rooms are nothing special and I am not sure why its rated 5 stars. I stayed in a far better 4 str hotel the same weekend. If you can get a deal on he price it's good but if I had paid full normal rate I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

When in London my wife and I always stay at the Grange, great hotel with great staff,
in London I expects and accept prices are higher, but £2 for a dash of lime in a beer no way, I complained to the two members of staff in the bar and was told it's correct " a coffee is £5.40" was part of the justification,
I spoke to the duty manager informed him that due to the excessive charge I would not spend any more money in his hotel the whole weekend, we had planned on eating in the hotel and staying in the lounge for the rest of the night,
he agreed that the charge was high and he thought it would be the charge for a small bottle of soda water to accompany a vodka etc.,
He turn my hole mood around with exceptional customer focused service, he asked me to accept a bottle of wine with my evening meal and corrected the overcharge with the bar staff, I was very happy with his management of the issue and even more surprised when checking out the infamous round of drinks had been excluded in total from my bill,
From stating I wont be back and ready to tell everyone of anger, I am now again a loyal customer of the Grange at ST Pauls because it's a great hotel with great staff

Room Tip: ask for rooms looking towards St Pauls or in to the centre of the hotel (main building), all rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eamonn O
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Nice enough hotel but our trip totally ruined from 15 - 17 December by a mistaken pre-approval hold on my card during check in which I was told wasn't taken which actually was. Didn't get my money back till 10 days later. Really poor customer service in sorting this issue out, only saviour is the General Manager who is great and actually knows how to speak to customers. Overalls hotel ok but serious issues with pre-approval on card system to check-in, all be warned. Tried to complain via email three times and still no response. What a shame for a hotel that has real potential.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
PatrickM_GH, Public Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We have made contact with you directly regarding your recent visit to the hotel. This morning (30th December 2013) our Group General Manager left a voicemail on your contact telephone and followed up with an email to you as you were not reachable. Please do contact us directly so that we can endeavour to resolve the bank error with you.

Kind regards