“Not 5*, poor service , deal not as advertised ”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #334 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there over the weekend for one night. Upgraded free when booking using a globe theatre code to the club level of accommodation. This should give us an upgraded room plus extended benefits including club lounge with free food and drinks .....should . Had to fight for the right to have a key pass for the business. Lounge which had little to offer stale canapés ,water , cold coffee and one type of biscuit . Where was the club lounge as paid for apparently they don't have one? The room was fine and worth the discounted price we got the room for I would never pay full price . Parking is a pain . Great location though and the bar is well stocked. What gripes me is that they are still holding my payment on a card when I paid cash plus a feeble apology plus I emailed the general manager who has yet to have the decency to reply ....im still waiting, time will tell if I get a reply to explain why the facilities promised were not available. Oh and to rub salt in the wound upon leaving I was greeted with a glossy a4 leaflet boasting that as a discerning customer I was entitled to use their club lounge !!!!! Figure that out then .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank dkwilli

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very nice hotel, to me 4 stars rather tan 5 stars.
Well located near St Pauls.
Nice common areas, specially breakfast área ( inner open área ).
Very good assortment of food in the Breakfast.
Nice room and very comfortable beds.
Very clean.
Attentive staff.
VERY expensive, around 350 pounds/night. Does not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaDiGi
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this wonderful hotel just in front of St. Paul's Cathedral .it is a big , design hotel. We stayed in an executive room on the last floor (7th) . In the same flooor you can find a terrace overlooking St. Paul where you can take nice pictures ! At ground -1 there is the swimming pool , a jacuzzi and hammam , to relax after a tyring sightseeing day! Metro central line is 5 minutes walk, there arte plenty of buses running near the hotel. If you cross the bridge in 10 minutes you are at Tate Modern. Definitely I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was here for an event in the hotel - whilst the staff are very helpful they haven't quite got the swing of seamless customer service yet. Stumbling over directions to the concierge, not knowing what the afternoon tea menu was, not knowing what events were being held in the hotel that day...Nothing major, but not what you would expect of a top hotel.

The facilities are excellent though - the hotel room was blissfully quiet. All the function rooms are in the basement away from sleeping areas. It's a very well designed hotel.

Little extras in the rooms were also good - nice chocolates, beds turned down, MP3 dock, brilliant shower, decent hairdryer, an iron etc.

The spa is also really nice - it can get busy in the pool, but the treatments are blissful and not expensive.

Where they really failed and it's why I'm going to mark them down: I hadn't realised just quite how hard the pillows were and woke up with a stiff neck at 5am... Being a bit of a princess, I called down to the desk where they told me those were the only pillows they had in the whole hotel and weren't very helpful at all. On check out, I did mention it only to be told they have a range of pillows and they should have sent some up. The duty manager was supposed to email me in order to arrange an apology and still hasn't a week on... A minor thing but it did spoil what was a really nice trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carolinem
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A good hotel if you are hoping to visit some of the more historical parts of London, within a stones throw of the Millennium Bridge and therefore giving access to the Southbank. Cycle rental available right outside the hotel giving you a fun and alternative means transport and sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice in all respects but small room, average toiletries and basically doesn't have the feel of a five star hotel. Great location and views of the cathedral in some rooms though and to be fair at "only" £177 per night (through lastminute) you maybe should suspect that this isn't your average five star hotel in London.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We spent a weekend as visitors to London in this 5 star hotel which we got at a great price through a website. The hotel is excellent with spa, pool and other facilities. It is in a wonderful location for sightseeing. The reception staff were helpful (the only staff that we dealt with that weekend). She tried to find a room with a view for us but couldn't. Instead we were upgraded!! The upgrade room was big enough but I'd have been interested to see the smaller room!! It was spotlessly clean. After our day out everything in the room was refreshed without us being disturbed in any way. I know that I paid abut 40% of the normal asking price for this stay. In my opinion that was enough. I suppose it is a 5 star hotel in Central London. The only thing that irked me was that I was asked for a deposit on the room fridge contents. Because I decided not to use the drinks I wasn't allowed access to the fridge!! It was electronically locked. We couldn't cool our own wine or water. Overall it was a good and comfortable stay at a really good hotel in a good location at a good price.

Room Tip: If you don't want breakfast at the hotel I suggest "Le Pain Quotidien" opposite St Pau...