“Great hotel - Extra mark for views and service”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #321 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A Good location, close to Millennium Bridge and Tate and obviously St Paul's Church. Hotel modern with friendly efficient staff, good service overall - room was a little too hot but again, modern and a good size.

Spa & pool area clean and relaxing.

Room Tip: views could be better so check room and which side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place a review and we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel with its great views and the location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Grange St. Paul's Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a modern hotel 1 block from the Cathedral, 5 mins walk from the Millennium Bridge (Tate). Stayed there for the weekend and will stay there the next time I go to London. The rooms are big and clean, free wireless, an excellent swimming pool/sauna/gym. The breakfast was amazing and above all the price is very competitive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your excellent review, good to hear that you will be coming back - we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The reason I am being a bit harsh with my "average" rating is because there is a dreadful mis-management at this hotel at top level. My sister booked her 50th Birthday brunch party at the roof terrace bar with its stunning views of St Paul's, the Shard, etc. We also booked 3 nights and a spa treatment deal to celebrate. So, she's spending a lot of money at this hotel with 71 guests for her 50th Birthday. The Birthday event was planned weeks in advance by the hotel's own professional team and my sister, no stranger to planning events for her company. We knew that the event manager she dealt with would not be there on the day but the fellow brought in to run it had not even read the brief!! Not only was it shoddily orchestrated, we had to actually go and move tables, cordon off the area ourselves, complain about dead flowers on the tables and a host of things that didn't appear that were supposed to be on the tables (juice, water, coffee, etc that never arrived although paid for). Rain leaked in from the roof too...There is no coordination between departments. The twin executive room she had viewed and requested she didn't get, the room she got had a bad sweaty smell so we had to change it. There was no message of congratulations, no flower(s) no complimentary anything, infact she might have well been someone who had just walked in off the street cos they had a room available. We weren't looking for anything for "free" just a bit more "love" and that they valued us as guests to make the event amazing. When I went out to buy her some flowers there was a whole issue of the hotel not having a vase (ice bucket was too small) but eventually we did get one. Mini bar seemed to be super glued closed. Weirdly, Housekeeping kept coming by every 20 minutes in the evenings with "pillow" chocolates that we didn't really want. No peanuts or olives when you order a drink at the bar. The purchasing department seems to have a very tight grip on some things yet our continental breakfast seemed quite sumptuous. Not sure which continent it was from but it was probably the best thing about the entire stay. Fortunately the guests didn't glean too much from the bad set up of the party and we did have a lovely time but we will not be recommending an event here to anyone we know. As for the hotel room, nice shower. Too many cushions to remove from the bed every night. Oh, and if you check in at mid day there are never enough reception staff on duty - not good for a 5 star establishment.

Room Tip: Who knows! You won't get it even if you ask for it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank janieg22609
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I thank you for your comments and although we are pleased you had a lovely time, I regret that your expectations were not fully satisfied. Your comments are valuable and important to us and we regret that your experience did not meet our usual high standards. We have now made investigations and will contact you directly.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times now on business. It's a very modern hotel, with a good standard of rooms and facilities. When I have been here for work parties they have opened the downstairs nightclub which was a real bonus. All the meals have been to a good standard. We did have one issue during a function where the staff didn't bring out a meal for a special dietary requirement then suggested that we had already had it!!!!! This was not well received and luckily we managed to get it resolved, but it seemed like a very odd way to treat customers. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Pleased to hear you have enjoyed staying with us on several occasions. Your comments have been noted. We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Grange Hotel St. Pauls in London was a nightmare. Definetly I never had something like this before!
I booked this hotel for a three night stay in London and send a message to the Hotel three days before and asked for an early check in, cause I arrived in London in the morning. I also asked for some restaurant recommendations and the best way to reach the hotel by underground.
I arrived at the hotel at 9 in the morning, still no reply to my message, and, of course, early check in was not possible, but the reception told me to come back at 12 and watch for a room.
Okay, I went out to the city and returned to the hotel at 12:30. Asking again for a room. The reception was not able to communicate with the cleaning employees to ask, if there are rooms ready. Some technical problems with the communication systems. Aha!
Finally, it was 2 pm already, my room was free. The room was the smallest hotel room I ever saw. Also the bath room was super small. Imaganing this was a 5 star hotel for €270 per night. Wow!!!
The mini bar was closed, not even a bottle of water I could find in the room. Great!
A small dinner at the hotel bar (some french fries and a club sandwich) I had to pay in advance. I asked myself, where I was and what happened to me???
The check out was really fast and without problems. I asked for a receipt, but not possible, cause I booked via lastminute.de. Also no question if I was confident with my stay. So after two minutes it was done and this hotel will never see me again! Horrible!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are super small!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Luca R
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

As we don't have any of your details we are unable to investigate - we would like to discuss this with you further and ask that you contact us directly in order that we can address your comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter over Easter 2014.
It was amazing!

St Paul Cathedral, just 50 meters away and 3 tube stations within a short stroll.

The spa was excellent and the only one I've ever been to with a Laconium....(yeah I've never heard of one either, but they are top of my list for my next spa weekend.)

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because we were always on the run.. too much sight seeing to fit in. We would hit Greggs, which is just around the corner and breakfast on the hoof.

The room was beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable king size bed.

The bathroom was marble and modern.

Just a little tip... This is one of the Last Minute's "Secret London Hotels"
When I booked, it was cheaper than the travel lodge!
I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your great review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay and managed to fit in plenty of sight seeing. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights in early May 2014. We are repeat customers. The Grange St. Paul is 1/2 block from St. Paul's Cathedral and 2-3 blocks from the millennium walkway to the Tate Modern, the Globe and walks along the Themes. I really like the location and the hotel itself. It’s clean, modern and the services are excellent. Breakfast is crowded but we never waited for coffee and the self-service breakfast is fast. The rooms are modern, clean, with well-designed bathrooms. The hotel rooms are quiet. They are a little small (to be expected in London). It was easy to find a taxi, close to my short work assignment in the financial district and the concierge recommended Black Friars pub for its excellent food (it was) and an Indian restaurant near Trafalgar Square that was also excellent. The bus service to Trafalgar Square was frequent and only 10 minutes. This is an excellent choice for both business and pleasure. The business center in the hotel was also good. We found many food choices nearby (Benihana in the hotel), particularly down the small street next to the hotel (a pub, Thai, Tapas) and near St. Paul’s (pizza, hamburger, several more expensive steak and seafood restaurants, etc.). All are very short walks. Most are NOT tourist oriented. The St. Paul’s tube stop is two blocks away.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small (by U.S. standards) but well designed with a writing desk, small couch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SAspursfan

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you always enjoy staying with us for both business and pleasure and we look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future.