“I'm a kid and I loved it!”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #332 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm an eleven year old girl and I do reviews from a kids point of view. A kid likes a hotel with a big room, a TV, a big bed and a good breakfast, and we also like very modern hotels. This hotel has all of those things and more. I went there for a work party of my mum's. The room it was in was a huge one and the service we had was fantastic. And the breakfast...AMAZING!!!!
They have about ten types of muffin to choose from! And a lot more...
I reccomend this place for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Where ever you chose will be great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EvaKid2003
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked our large rooms. I hope you had time to use the pool too! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pros: location (it is right by st Paul's), clean rooms, modern building, good breakfast

Cons: quite expensive, small bathroom, slightly dated, unbelievably bright light from the phone kept me awake (no obvious way to turn off)

Conclusion: can't get a much better location

• Stayed: July 2014

So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found it to be in a great location. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here on the 5-7th July 2014. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a sense of prejudice, the receptionist glanced at me then carried on doing what she was doing. No one was before me or waiting behind me. Then another receptionist came from the far left and ask "can I help you with anything?" Somehow that didn't feel right especially when she said " O I didn't realised u wanted to check in" .. .. I was then checked in and I heard the receptionist ask a young man to accompany me to my "Apartment ".... To my surprise... The guy stood there for about 2 minutes doing what he was doing as if I wasn't there.... I think he felt my hard stare then he looked up at me then said to the other receptionist..."did u mean right now?"....she smiled with embarrassment and said yea. He walked passed me without a word and I followed... For all of however much minutes to tha apartment I struggled to keep up with him and also with my luggage and not a word from this guy. I FELT A SENSE OF DISCRIMATION...I FELT UNWELCOMED. My partner had gone to find parking. I was distraught with the room..it was small and quite basic for a 5 star. The toilet blocks the shower door from opening....so we had to open on the inside and u r left in an awkward position. The TV Froze all through our stay. The pub and other buildings from my room view made my nights and mornings quite uncomfortable... I had to keep the blinds drawn at all times as there was no privacy in the room. I feel I have been robbed of my £268.00. Coming all the way from Bham to see my partner on our special occasion I felt disappointed. It's all well and good for the guest relations manager to take my comments on board but how do you compensate my disappointment? I actually feel I deserve a goodwill gesture along with a thorough investigation and an apology from those staff. I stayed in room 103. I didn't even get a chance to enjoy any of the hotel facilities bcuz I didn't know where they were located...I felt I didn't stay at the Gauge...it's like I was thrown aroun a corner.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Janice C
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Janice, I am sorry to read your comments regarding your recent stay. You have raised a number of comments which I won't be able to address individually. I have made investigations and apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience or embarrassment which may have been caused. This is not typical of our normal standards. You are assured that these matters have been and will continue to be addressed with the hotel directly and via the Company's Training Team. Kind regards Nellie.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the hotel last weekend. We were very impressed with the customer service at reception and also the overall appearance of the hotel.
The room was spacious, had a flatscreen TV on the wall, tea and coffee making facilities and a queen size bed. It benefited from a beautiful mirrored bathroom which had the normal WC, sink & bath but also a lovely separate corner shower with body jets. However the downside to this is that it cost £280 per couple for the one night plus £23 each for full English breakfast which we found to be a little on the expensive side although being in the heart of London, very close to the River Thames, St Paul's Cathedral, great restaurants and many other attractions- what else were we to expect. For the average couple this was definitely a treat. Great for a romantic special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms, the hotel and its location good. We hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent being a stones throw from St Pauls cathedral and some lovely bars and restaurants. The hotel was very well furnished throughout and the rooms were spacious and comfortable and well decorated. We had a fantastic stay and although the pool was a little cold, the spa facilities were great too. We also visited the rooftop Madison bar which overlooks the cathedral which when the sun is shining is amazing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Its good to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms comfortable and the location good. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Beautiful hotel. Spacious rooms which are very clean and the beds and pillows (which I always struggle with) are very comfy and soft.
Staff are lovely and helpful.
View of St Pauls is exceptional its straight across the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and liked our silk filled pillows!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Whilst not entirely sure this is a 5-star hotel it is certainly up there at 4+.
With plenty of reception staff check-in was very swift and efficient.
The room was exceptionally comfortable and with the combination of the bed, superb black-out curtains and lack of outside noise, I had one of the best night's sleep I have ever experienced in London.
The layout of the hotel is somewhat quirky and the area around reception a bit cramped but these are minor points.
It is also a great shame that the rooftop terrace is only available for private hire and not for hotel guests to enjoy a drink and the view. For me, sitting in The Atrium was rather like sitting in a shopping centre.
What has enabled me to give the 'excellent' rating is the price we paid. I have paid more to stay in a Premier Inn in London and several-fold more to stay in other supposedly 5-star hotels that were nowhere near as good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and had one of the best nights sleep you have ever had in London! Guests are welcome to sit on the terrace and enjoy the view from the Sky bar, although the actual bar is only open for private events.