“Great location good online deals available”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #318 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Wiltshire
“Great location good online deals available”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Book early online and get continental breakfast included for £200 a night. Rooms are a good size. Great shower with side spray as well as from top. Buffet breakfast ok but would not want to pay £17 a head for cooked. It didn't look worth it. If you don't mind the slight feel of a it being a business venue during the week this is a good place to stay for access to most parts of London .
Be warned - the rooms look out over the atrium so do face others , even though from a fair distance. If you have the light on in your room the people opposite can see in even though the glass is darkened. I went to draw the curtains and met eyes with a gentlemen stood in his boxers on the phone. He drew his curtains soon after ! Sorry sir if you are reading this - at least I was dressed!!
We would go back if we could get a good rate again.

Room Tip: Ask for at least 5th floor and away from the lifts (people can see in if the lights are on)
1 Thank JulieMWiltshire
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your comments have been noted. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hockley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed on the 11th July , for my birthday weekend. We arrived early so couldn't check in, but we were able to leave our suitcase while we went off round London. When we came back I was greeted with 2 chocolate cups on a plate that had Happy Birthday written in chocolate... yum yum !! After our late evening it was lovely not to have to travel too far back to the hotel. We had a lovely nights sleep, and no moaning from my husband about the pillows ( he usually brings his own, but I barred him from doing so on this occasion), they were lovely and soft. Breakfast was amazing, what a choice, all hot and the staff we quick to respond to our requests. The only disappoint was that I didn't get to go in the pool, we chose St Paul's instead !!! But I was really surprised when the receptionist said we could still use the facilities during the day, so we left our suitcase . We have stayed at the grange, tower of London and this was just as lovely but better located. We will definitely go back to this hotel. Thank you to all the staff for being polite, courteous and efficient, you contributed to my lovely birthday weekend.

Room Tip: Looking out at st Paul's
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your birthday celebrations in the hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

If you book far enough in advance, you can get a very good deal for this hotel. Quiet at night( as in the City), a few tube stops to West End, walking distance from South Bank, good pool and spa, nice English breakfast. Only one point: booked last check out and so didn't appreciate phone call asking me when I was leaving. Will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your comments have been noted. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Pravia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm an eleven year old girl and I do reviews from a kids point of view. A kid likes a hotel with a big room, a TV, a big bed and a good breakfast, and we also like very modern hotels. This hotel has all of those things and more. I went there for a work party of my mum's. The room it was in was a huge one and the service we had was fantastic. And the breakfast...AMAZING!!!!
They have about ten types of muffin to choose from! And a lot more...
I reccomend this place for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Where ever you chose will be great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank EvaKid2003
Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked our large rooms. I hope you had time to use the pool too! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pros: location (it is right by st Paul's), clean rooms, modern building, good breakfast

Cons: quite expensive, small bathroom, slightly dated, unbelievably bright light from the phone kept me awake (no obvious way to turn off)

Conclusion: can't get a much better location

• Stayed July 2014
So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found it to be in a great location. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 5-7th July 2014. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a sense of prejudice, the receptionist glanced at me then carried on doing what she was doing. No one was before me or waiting behind me. Then another receptionist came from the far left and ask "can I help you with anything?" Somehow that didn't feel right especially when she said " O I didn't realised u wanted to check in" .. .. I was then checked in and I heard the receptionist ask a young man to accompany me to my "Apartment ".... To my surprise... The guy stood there for about 2 minutes doing what he was doing as if I wasn't there.... I think he felt my hard stare then he looked up at me then said to the other receptionist..."did u mean right now?"....she smiled with embarrassment and said yea. He walked passed me without a word and I followed... For all of however much minutes to tha apartment I struggled to keep up with him and also with my luggage and not a word from this guy. I FELT A SENSE OF DISCRIMATION...I FELT UNWELCOMED. My partner had gone to find parking. I was distraught with the room..it was small and quite basic for a 5 star. The toilet blocks the shower door from opening....so we had to open on the inside and u r left in an awkward position. The TV Froze all through our stay. The pub and other buildings from my room view made my nights and mornings quite uncomfortable... I had to keep the blinds drawn at all times as there was no privacy in the room. I feel I have been robbed of my £268.00. Coming all the way from Bham to see my partner on our special occasion I felt disappointed. It's all well and good for the guest relations manager to take my comments on board but how do you compensate my disappointment? I actually feel I deserve a goodwill gesture along with a thorough investigation and an apology from those staff. I stayed in room 103. I didn't even get a chance to enjoy any of the hotel facilities bcuz I didn't know where they were located...I felt I didn't stay at the Gauge...it's like I was thrown aroun a corner.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Janice C
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange St. Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Janice, I am sorry to read your comments regarding your recent stay. You have raised a number of comments which I won't be able to address individually. I have made investigations and apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience or embarrassment which may have been caused. This is not typical of our normal standards. You are assured that these matters have been and will continue to be addressed with the hotel directly and via the Company's Training Team. Kind regards Nellie.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the hotel last weekend. We were very impressed with the customer service at reception and also the overall appearance of the hotel.
The room was spacious, had a flatscreen TV on the wall, tea and coffee making facilities and a queen size bed. It benefited from a beautiful mirrored bathroom which had the normal WC, sink & bath but also a lovely separate corner shower with body jets. However the downside to this is that it cost £280 per couple for the one night plus £23 each for full English breakfast which we found to be a little on the expensive side although being in the heart of London, very close to the River Thames, St Paul's Cathedral, great restaurants and many other attractions- what else were we to expect. For the average couple this was definitely a treat. Great for a romantic special occasion.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
So pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms, the hotel and its location good. We hope you will come again soon.