“A great base with a little luxury”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #333 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Great hotel in so many ways. Perfect location and well presented, but it's still hard to get away from the business feel of the place. The rooms all face internally in a modern design choice, but this really wasn't a great idea. The spa is pleasant and the pool good, but you don't feel as if the spa facilities are the luxury that you think you're paying for.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Booked this room very late, got considerable discount. Very please with cool spacious room with MASSIVE very comfortable bed. No idea that you were in the heart of London when in your room. Staff really pleasant and friendly. Very calm atmosphere generally. Wish I'd brought my swimming costume as lovely pool, but this was an overnight stay to go to the theatre - which was within walking distance. Would definately stay here again as so close to all we wanted to see and facilities great - they even had a ironing board in each room!

Reviewed 19 July 2010

This hotel is very well located right opposite St Paul's cathedral.It has beautiful rooms which are fitted out to the highest standards.The leisure club is beautiful too. It is difficult to find your way around for some reason and it took me 15 mins to find the leisure club even tho I had asked the reception staff!! The breakfast is overpriced at £23 I thought. I got a great rate on the room through lastminute so for the price I felt it was it was a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We've now stayed here a couple of times after getting good rates from last minute. It's a fab central location. Lovely spacious rooms and fantastic bathrooms with both bath and shower. Molton Brown products too.

It's very close to two tube stations, just 5 mins walk from the Tate Modern.

It also have great swimming pool and saunas which were relatively quiet when we used on a Saturday morning.

Great find - will stay again.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

A lucky dip on Last Minutes Secret Hotels deal and we found ourselves at this classy hotel right next door to St Pauls. The lobby and lifts are pretty impressive unless you have a fear of heights or a kid with jam/choc covered fingers !! The room was modern and elegant with a lovely big bathroom and a shower that was to die for - huge and multidirectional. An additional nice touch was the Moulton Brown products.
A great stay at a bargain price.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I totally agree with reviewers ClearSeas-May 2010 and donnalovecheese-6 June 2010 that this hotel could be wonderful if the service were better. I stayed at this hotel twice within a week and won't choose this hotel again in the future because I didn't feel at ease because of the most unwelcoming staff. Elina (or Elena) at reception spoke down to me and made me feel as if I had no right to be there, the only pleasant person I came across was Lenka, who was very helpful after the third room I had been given. Having booked a king executive room I was given a twin room, after complaining I was given a room that was not ready, finally I had a room but the minibar was blocked. Normally I wouldn't mind if there's a problem, it's just the general situation with utterly unfriendly staff that makes me angry. Inconsistent service, on my 1st stay I received chocolates at turn-down, on my 2nd I didn't. At breakfast on my second stay I was not offered toast. The breakfast area is cramped like at a hotel catering for the masses in Mallorca.
I guess my search for a good-value hotel with friendly staff in London will go on. As others have said, the rooms are beautiful and have very efficient air-conditioning. On my first stay I had a room overlooking the atrium, which was a bit dark, on my second stay I had a room overlooking an interior yard with views of the sky which was much brighter. The staff at the congierge desk were mute, I handed my bag to them, said thank you, no hello, no nothing. A guy called Jozef was very friendly, he called me a taxi and carried my bag. Never a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Stayed here with my 15 year old son. Had high hopes and they were exceeded! Fantastic rooms and lobby and loved the lifts looking down over the restaurants. Staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and were really going the extra mile to help people get what they wanted.
Best I've been to in London and will return