“Lovely experience”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #336 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed at the Grange this weekend, and really enjoyed the hotel. The swimming pool is perfect and wasnt too busy and we used the sauna, steam room etc which was all very enjoyable. The rooms were nice size with good size bathroom with molton brown toiletries! The only downside was the key to our room didnt work on a few occasions, but reception let us in each time!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,408)

Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed here for a few nights on a business trip. The bed was comfy, the pillows were great, the blackout curtains kept all light out - all of which made me very happy.

The bathroom was good quality with multiple shower heads and a separate bath. The towels and robes were also sufficiently plush.

I only ate breakfast there, but it was good. I heard from friends that the Japanese restaurant was great. The gourmet burger place across the street was very good too. The hotel was fully booked when I was there, so the lobby bar was busy every night, sometimes making it difficult to get a drink, but the staff were mostly competent.

It was easy to get a taxi outside, with the bell staff's help.

My only real issue was that sometimes it was tough to to get a lift to or from my rom when busy. But that is hardly anything to gripe about. It also got a little cold in the lobby when they left the doors open.

I'd stay with them again, it's a good spot.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My wife and I have just returned from an overnight stay on the 'Romance' Valetines package. If you ask me, we got a great deal considering it included a 6 course candlelit dinner (fantastic), a 30 min massage for 2, spa access, and a great English breakfast- not to mention he large opulent room and special touches such as a Rose and box of chocolates. I would say this is a great hotel, a little more downto earth than others 5 stars. It's not the Ritz or Claridges, let's face it. But neither does it pretend to be. Our dinner was fantastic (not quite as gourmet, but comparative to both the aforementioned, and much cheaper). This is a luxury, modern hotel which has a very comfortable, relaxing atmosphere and provides good value for money. If what you are looking for is Old World charm and truly bespoke services, this is not quite what you'll find. But if you want a relaxing stay with great facilities and comfortable surroundings, this is great. Another thing- I don't quite understand those who say the location is terrible. If you're looking to walk out your front door onto Picadilly Circus, then you're in the wrong place. But goodness- across the street to the incredible Saint Paul's Cathedr, a five minute walk over the Millenium Bridge to the Tate Modern, Shakespears Globe Theatre and the South Bank, and less than 4 tube stops away from Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden (Holborn). I'd say you have a wealth of cultural options at your fingertips! Plus you get to escape the tourist mayhem of the West End... A great location in my mind...

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Loved the luxury in the hotel. Beautiful room, and a very nice big bathroom. Great spa facilities, was very quiet and relaxing when we were there.

The location was easy to get to from the airport by train, is a bit out of the way from the rest of the city. Not a lot to do at night, so travel to another part of the city is required.

Price was very good in our case, booked it via the Last Minute mystery hotel promotion. Overall a very good stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We have stayed here several times in the last year. It's a great location, nice and quiet at the weekend and there is a lovely spa to relax in.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. We were on were one of the lucky ones who got a 'secret hotel' deal. The rooms were modern and the beds huge and comfortable. It is quite out of the way though and a £15 taxi journey to the west end which is quite annoying when last minute stated that its nearby! Molten brown toiletries are a nice touch. The massive light tube made me feel sick when going up the glass lifts! Very modern! If I could change anything, I would get them to open up their sky bar to residents and not just business customers.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We stayed here over Valentine's weekend having taken up the Last Minute £99 Secret Hotel offer. A £100 hotel in London - I was sceptical! But the Grange surpassed my expectations by a long way. A glitzy entrance with a buzzy atmosphere, friendly, speedy check in and we were asked if we would like to take a disabled room as it was larger with view of St Paul's and having read previous reviews on room size I accepted. Great choice - huge room, glamourous bathroom, great view down through the glass atrium and the most amazing views of St Paul's. The bed was enormous, comfy sofa and all spotlessly clean. The best £99 room ever - just sad we weren't there for longer........request room 304 and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple