“Good Value!”

Ranked #822 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Spokane, Washington
“Good Value!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Thanks to a Rick Steves travel book, for recommending this good value hotel. It was perfect for our overnight stay in London -- a stone's throw from Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express, good restaurants right down the block, super friendly staff. The room was extremely small, but we were prepared for that from the reviews we had read -- and it was all we needed for our one-night stopover.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel during the last week of June whilst I visited the tennis at Wimbledon. I went for the cheapest option, single room, no on suite.

Let's start with the positives:-

Excellent location, 2 minute walk to underground.
Lots of restaurants and fast food on your doorstep.
The breakfast was very enjoyable, staff very polite and friendly.
My room cleaned daily and was very clean.

The negatives:-

The room was just too small, just enough room to fit a single bed and half a wardrobe.
The weather was very warm so had to leave window open, very noisy outside due to busy location.
No lift ...I was on located on the 6th floor, lots of steep steps!

My conclusion, I paid £54 per night with excellent breakfast included. The hotel is very professional, the staff are a credit to the hotel. Excellent value for June and the area. I personally prefer a bigger room but would recommend if you are looking for a short stay 1-2 day break.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a positive and beauiul views about the location, our staff and services.
We are sorry about the size of a small single basic room. As the name suggest, it is small. All the buildings in Norfolk Square are similar built, are near 200 year old (none of these B & B hotels have lifts). For your future visits, please book a compact double en suite (you must appreciate the fact that space in central London is at Premium).

Please give us a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Regards
Dartmouth
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just spent two nights at this hotel. I booked based on reviews and tripadvisor awards. I am from Canada, am pretty easygoing and don't like to complain, nor was I expecting the Ritz, or even a Holiday Inn, but I could not wait to leave this hotel, and can't recommend it. It's location is very convenient, without question, there are lots of places to eat nearby, and the employees were friendly, but the room I was given was awful. Maybe I was just given the worst room, maybe rooms on the other floors are better? My room was in the basement, I had to duck my head and maneouver my luggage down a steep stairway. There was no a/c, we had to leave our window open as it was so hot in there, and put up with getting bitten by flies cause there was no screen on the window, which I was afraid to open too wide as we could hear "critters" in the back alley. I went to use the kettle to make a tea and it was covered in a greasy film of dust, and the room was dingy, other than clean sheets it didn't look like much else had been cleaned. My daughter burnt her hand trying to adjust the hot water in the shower, the faucet got very hot. I paid $230 Canadian a night, and maybe that's what you get for that amount, I am not sure, but personally I would think you could do much better and in hindsight I would have paid a lot more to have been more comfortable in another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bernadette M
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback and for your very kind remarks about the location and convenience of our hotel and especially about our staff.

I am sorry though to read that you were shocked at the good reviews left by most of our guests, brought about by you not liking your room. It is one of the 3 twin en suite rooms we have. It is actually quite a nice room, with most guests we have had liking it, as it more spacious than the one on the 2nd floor with a good size bathroom.

I don’t wish to appear defensive in my comments because I do respect your opinion and we always learn something from what every guest tells us. I particularly accept your point about there being no aircon – a feature we have not installed in order to maintain the character of our building, which most people like. Similarly, we don’t have screens on our windows, which I know some guests from North America prefer but most British hotels don’t have them. There is a curtain in that room which would have helped.

Referring to your comment on your shower, all of ours have pretty basic controls – cold to hot and on and off but it is always best to be careful, particularly if a child is using it first. And finally, I am not sure I recognise your description of the cleanliness you found in the room - it was thoroughly cleaned immediately before you and your daughter were checked in.

Having said all that, if you had mentioned any of these issues as a problem for you during your stay I am sure we could have accommodated you in a more suitable room elsewhere in our hotel.

Regards,

Krishna

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Trieste, Italy
Reviewed 14 June 2014

ITA - Ben posizionato per chi vuole arrivare nel centro di Londra a piedi senza perdersi il verde. Camere piccole ma curate e bagno minuscolo ma pulito. Ottimo pied-à-terre circondato da buonissimi locali frequentati dai residenti. Personale cordiale e disponibile a tutte le ore.

ENGL - It's well positioned for those who want to get to the centre on foot without missing the parks. The rooms are small but neat and bathroom is tiny but clean. It's a great pied-à-terre surrounded by nice restaurants where the locals go to. The staff is friendly and helpful at all times.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The really caring management ensured that our stay was perfect. Yes it is London so the rooms were small but that was overshadowed by the attention to detail by all the staff. I was told that I was considered one of their family and that was certainly how I was spoilt. Of course the location was ideal. I can't recommend this highly enough. My first choice for my next visit to London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Zurrieq, Malta
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Paddington's train station is a step away from the hotel. A quiet place, it was clean, excellent breakfast, although the room is small, but the service is big. Thank you and keep it up for the service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guests

Thank you for such a lovely and beautiful review. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our beautiful city of London.#

Regards
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We spent 3 very comfortable nights in the Tudor Court Hotel,19th-22nd May.The staff were without exception friendly,courteous,and efficient.The hotel was full,but our stay was quiet,there was no transference of noise from room to room.The location was brilliant,from the leafy Square to the excellent transport links.Certainly the compact rooms are small and the bathroom very small, but they were impeccably clean. The free wifi was a bonus and worked fine. All in all it was excellent value for money,we would certainly stay there again,and have no hesitation in encouraging others to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple