Tudor Court Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sophia(London)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspaddington stationmr guptaheathrow expresscompact roomquiet squarefull english breakfastshared bathroomtoilet and showerexcellent locationhyde parkplace to sleepoxford streetpubshairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I wish I had of know what London's idea of compact was! The room was smaller than my normal size bedroom back home and yet 3 of us stayed in the room! The bathroom was like a portaloo (portable toilet) the shower was so small and the bathroom had no room to put ur clothes to keep them dry except for putting them on the toilet lid or on the wet floor! We moved the beds around cause it was sticky and hot inside the room and cold and breezy outside in the streets and there is no fans except reception lent us small desk fan that only slightly helped! Bit it was nicer to go and hang outside in the breeze than to stay and hang in the room at all cause it just got do humid and hot! When we moved the beds it was obvious that they NEVER vacuum under the beds or move them. And there is only one key to the room so the three of us had to organise who was going to need the key or if we had to leave it at reception! The 5 flights of stairs were a bit tight and a massive work out but the hotel staff were very helpful helping us with our bags up and down the stairs when we arrived and when we left! Breakfast was good tho!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Im in bit of a dilema how to rate this property. There are lots of plus and minus.
So good points.
#Well located in heart of London, a decent walk to HydePark/Oxford street.
# Very well priced.
# Decently maintained, and helpful staff.
# Charming owner, religious and generous Indian man! ( Runs free soup kitchen once a week)
# Good fresh English breakfast.
# Fair bit of restaurant/cafes around.

Now the down side..
# The single rooms are almost a shoe box.
# No lifts, and some rooms like mine was 4 steep flight of stairs...with luggage,it was a struggle!
#Common bathrooms, we knew that before booking but not that there were 3 or 4 in the entire building.

So dont know, although at the price in heart of London one couldnt expect more!

Room Tip: Try to book room with a bathroom, and lower floor levels. Go for breakfast early as it gets pretty busy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Tudor Court Hotel is just steps from Paddington station, Great value for money. Ingenious ensuite bathroom set up for old Georgian Houses! Stairs up to the 3rd floor can be a bit much at the end of a long day, but the price, comfort and the awesome staff make it worth while! Price came with a simple English breakfast. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed in this hotel.
Whole staff was very attentive, especially Juan!
For three star hotel this was pretty great. Hyde park and oxford street are only 10 minutes walk. If you are looking for cheap hotel only to sleep over this is it.
Higly recommend!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malinaaa
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Tudor Court is managed by people who care about making their guests happy, but there are certain limitations to the property that I wish I would have known beforehand. You may find these observations are rather typical of London accommodations that are less than 5-Star, so just be prepared for every room to be SMALL.
1) There are no lifts in the property, regardless if your room is on the very top (5th or 6th floor). However, a pleasant young guy helped carry my bags. 2) If you can at all afford to go en suite, DO SO, as the hallway bathrooms, which include a shower, are WAY too small to shower and comfortably dress before exiting into the public hall. They are atrociously small. 3) ALL the showers are small. I finally upgraded to an en suite when one was available, and even though my room was much bigger, the shower remained eensy. I could barely bend down to shave my legs! (Sorry, TMI?) 4) NEVER stay in room 536, which is a converted broom closet and is microscopic. This is a single room, no bathroom. I laugh to call it a room, in fact. 5) The hotel is next to a park, and because it's located near Paddington, there are loads of people making noise all night! The sounds carry, I guess, even when people are making reasonable amounts of noise, so just be aware.

Having said that, though, really everyone was great. The food was well cooked, Cynthia at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and vivacious. The owners were sweet and friendly, too. I did like staying here, once I got into the right room. It's literally steps around the corner from Paddington Station, so A+ for convenience! My overall advice is, if you can afford to go en suite and even get a bigger room (if you're solo, and can afford it, make your life easier and book a double room).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with shared bathrooms (get ensuite) Don't stay in 536 Order a larger room than you think you need if you can afford to, as it will still be smaller than standard hotel rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo