“If you are fussy about your surroundings, do not stay at this hotel.”
Review of Tudor Court Hotel

Tudor Court Hotel
Ranked #813 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This hotel has a wonderful location but for us, that is where the feel good factor stopped. As we checked in we were assailed with the smell of curry and the sight of the receptionist involved in a noisy row with three guests regarding a problem with their deposits. We were shown to our room in the basement where it became immediately obvious there was a problem with drains as the room was foul -smelling. A dirty white face cloth was propping the door open - we assume in an effort to clear the smell. We immediately said we could not stay but the hotel refused to refund our deposit - we began to get an idea of why the row was taking place when we arrived - obviously a similar problem. We have since written to the hotel management (unavailable whilst we were there) outlining our problem and giving them the chance to apologise and refund our deposit (we had to prevail on friends for accommodation in London at a late hour) but they did not even have the courtesy to answer our letter. This is a dirty, badly run hotel with no consideration for its reputation or its guests. They are certainly not aiming to capture repeat business! M. Dodds, Dublin.

There are newer reviews for Tudor Court Hotel

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I can honestly say that after a 2 night stay at the Tudor Court, it will be my first choice of accommodation on future trips to London. The highlight for me would have to be the lovely family who own and manage the hotel – the welcome is second to none and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. For both first time and returning visitors to the city, Connan has a wealth of information on shopping, tourist attractions and transport, and his genuine interest, cordial manner and sense of humour made the visit an absolute joy.
As we arrived in the morning before check-in our bags were held for us, and again on departure as our flight was in the evening. I travelled with friends (20s & 30s) but can recommend the hotel to all ages.
The rooms are very reasonably priced and are immaculate – beautifully decorated and pristinely clean – with tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen TV, hairdryer and a plentiful supply of hot water. The beds were very comfortable and there wasn’t a sound to be heard from neighbouring rooms. Full English breakfast is served, again by lovely friendly staff, on the lower ground floor; it is included in the price and was a perfect start to the day.
The hotel is situated in a very safe area, on a quiet square only a minute walk from Paddington, close to nice pubs and restaurants, and a short tube ride to all the major places of interest.
To sum up – I really can’t think why I’d stay anywhere else and am delighted to have found a home from home in London, to which I will look forward to returning.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

Tudor Court is well located, just a short walk to the subway. The staff are helpful and very friendly. We had a great stay and our room was clean and had a nice clean shower room. Very pleasant to come back to a nice clean room to rest at the end of the day when you are travelling.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Connan Gupta does not wear a name badge. He does not need to. Such is the warmth of his welcome, that after introductions you feel that you have known him and his parents a long time. This is important, because when you are away in London on business week in week out, you miss your own home and family. The Tudor Court is a comfortable hotel where everything is done to make you feel at ease. From beds that "remember your posture" to breakfasts that set you up for the day ahead. In fact my only reticence about writing a review, is that The Tudor Court will become so popular that I will never be able to get a room and as I have found London's most welcoming family, I do not want to stay with anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank nick1958015
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Full breakfast was included, which also made it a great value. Very close to Paddington Station, but on a quiet street with a park. The owner and his wife were lovely.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Nice people, clean facility, strategic location, reliable wifi access with small little surprise - Free breakfast. I was a bit concerned for the bathroom from the sharing of other review but it is good enough to work for a size of ppl like me 5ft 7 inches with 95kgs.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

I have stayed in his hotel 6 weeks ago for business and I have returned again! Why? Well, for all the factors that I've listed in my previous review. First of all, location is excellent. I stayed in room 31 this time which is a very small room downstairs, but despite this, it was very comfortable. En-suite was small but the shower was excellent. big TV, tea and coffee and a small safe which can take a laptop. The only niggle was that i could hear boiler noise early morning - so bring your earplugs just in case. Breakfast was very nice - just the right amount of cooked food to keep you going till lunchtime. Wi-fi was available and a strong signal was obtained in the basement. The owners were very welcoming. All in all, I would definitely be back here next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business