“Acceptable for a short staying”

and 1 more site!
Royal Guest House 2
Ranked #758 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We spent 3 nights here in August. The location is very convenient, being sufficiently close to the City (less than 15 minutes by tube) and with 4 tube stations within a 10 minutes’ walk distance. Even with a couple of heavy suitcases, it was easy to get there from Hammersmith Station. Our room was at ground floor and facing the road, just to the side of the B&B entrance. Nonetheless the windows soundproofing was sufficient and the road traffic noise was not unacceptable. The room was quite… small (!), with 2 single beds and 1 double in a space adequate for the latter only, but we managed to arrange our baggage and still had some place to move. The bathroom was very small, with a microscopic washbasin so that even the normal morning operations were quite difficult. The shower furniture was rusty and the pipe was leaking abundantly. The breakfast was low standard: we expected the typical full English bf, but only found commercial products (orange juice directly from the supermarket container, ordinary jams, cereals), toasts and scrambled eggs. A machine served the beverages.
The place is only acceptable for a short staying, averagely clean, the price is medium-low but you get what you pay for. Friendly personnel. Note: “Los Molinos” Spanish restaurant at 1 minute walk (very good!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fam1966

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My hubby and I spent 8 dreadful nights here recently ..... we had pre-booked but should have been alerted by the sign at the reception that there would be no refunds as a clear indicator that many guests must try to seek one !
The first room they showed us would have been cramped for single occupancy - there was not even enough floor space to have put our suitcase down to keep some of our clothes in (the wardrobe would probably not have fitted more than 5 hanging items in).
We were offered a slightly bigger alternative on the ground floor -which was still small and meant moving onto the bed to pass each other !
They did replace the towels every day with clean fluffy ones but even there they slipped up as the towels were only small bath towels and we only got one each so every other day when I washed my hair it was dripping by the time I finished using it.
They seem to have working residents as each day I was woken by 3 different sets of running down the stairs and letting the front door go bang between 5:50 and 6:05 am.
Just as I was settling back to sleep after this the kitchen staff arrived - again letting the door bang, this was about 6:55 so they must start at 7am . Our ground floor room backed onto the kitchen so after this was the chatter of the staff and clatter of crockery so no chance of catching up on sleep !
The breakfast was neither English or continental as it consisted of help yourself to long life juice, tinned fruit salad, budget cereals and milk, butter and jams and rinks from a machine. You were served with a choice of fried or scrambled eggs, beans (except the second day we were there when they had run out of beans half an hour before the end of breakfast) and toast.
It was all a bit of a scramble and all the foodstuffs were of the value or budget range. Out of the 8 days we were there we only ate there 4 times and one of those was only cereal and toast prior to getting something more substantial elsewhere.
It is in the cheaper bracket and was suitably located for what we wanted a hotel for but I would never stay there again !

Room Tip: Both rooms we saw were tiny and we spoke to someone else staying there who also had a very small roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Maybe I am wrong but when I go to a Hotel/B&B, I expect a breakfast, not a excuse for one. Being offered 2 fried eggs or scrambled with toast, does not equate to a hot breakfast in my eyes.
No bacon, sausages, tomatoes ,beans ect
Continental should be at least fresh bread, ham. cheese ect. Not scrambled eggs, yoghurts, orange juice and coffee. I only bothered to go to breakfast once in my stay, which really made my stay room only. The room was hot, (They did have a portable fan in room) but the duvet too heavy to keep on all night. Unfortunately they have extension and building works to both hotels either side causing noise. Obviously not the fault of hotel but still not nice.
Only positive LOCATION.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank barnet173
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The receptionist is very friendly, he takes very good care of our luggage for free. The hotel location is very convenient to explore the central london. We stay there for one night on 23th June and checked out the next day to explore central london, but don't want to carry our luggage with us. Fortunately, the receptionist man very kindly offered free care of our luggage for almost 12 hours, which is really an add-value to the customers. By the way, the room fees for our triple room is only 62 GBP, which is really a deal in the Zone 2.
Now I miss the receptionist very much! He cannot be too friendly!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If you bear in mind that this is a guest house and NOT a hotel and don't expect too much then I don't think you will be too disapointed. It is a great base for a couple of nights.
The rooms are small and very basic although they do have a fridge, which is handy to store picnic things, water etc
Breakfast is included but again very basic, if you want the 'full works' and a huge breakfast selection then this is not the place for you.
Shepards Bush tube station on the central line is about a 15-20 minute walk away as is Olympia Exhibition Halls.
For a base to sleep and if you are on a budget and not expecting 5* facilities then this GUEST HOUSE would be fine. Just don't expect too much and you won't be disapointed
*NOTE*
The Royal Guest House 2 and the Saba are one and the same, although there are 2 different signs over 3 doors they are connected inside, there is one reception (that is closed after about 10pm) and one breakfast room

Breakfast can be a bit hectic so get there early!!!

Room Tip: The Guest house is on a very busy road so it is going to be noisy, we had a room at the back on the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 14 June 2013

No problem with staff,room or breakfast ,just had a sleepless night,guests slamming doors keeping us awake most of the night and in the morning,shower was hot,clean towels with free shampoo,shower door was old needs replacing but not too much of a problem,not a great outlook of the bedroom window view of kitchen area,but then again you only sleep in the room you don't need a view ,don't really know why its got some negative comments in reviews as we didn't think it was a bad hotel to stay in for the price we paid for the room and breakfast .so give this hotel a chance,remember you get what you pay for??

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Michelle court
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have just returned from a trip here. I booked it because of the proximity to the Hammersmith Apollo. Looked OK at first glance, but immediately there was a smell of smoke in the room, which I think was not from someone smoking in the room, but drifting in through the extractor fan. The shower was not clean. I was in room 60 and echo another reviewers observation, When I returned in the evening I went to open the window to get some air in the room, and get rid of the smell of smoke, when I discovered that it would not shut securely. Given that I am woman who was travelling on their own, having a window which does not shut, let alone lock is frightening. I was awake past midnight because of the noise of people coming and going.

This morning I woke to find I have been bitten, 8 times at least! I didn't stay for breakfast on the basis that if the bathroom and the bed were dirty, I didn't want any of the food coming out of the kitchen which I couldn't see.

Avoid it!