“nice place”

and 1 more site!
Royal Guest House 2
Ranked #759 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel was nice. Cleaned daily. Very nice staff. Great location. We have visited with 7 friends so we used two 4bed rooms. They were a bit small, but that is almost everywhere in London. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Clean room. Everything is in working order. Good Breakfast. Super quick check in. Perfect location for a gig in Hammersmith Apollo. The triple room was really tiny which wasn't a big deal for us as we spent only one night in the hotel for a gig. But don't think I'll be staying longer terms in such a tiny room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel was great including staff, rooms and breakfast. Close to Westfield shopping center or London center, you can use Underground, Overground or Barclays Bicycles. I recommend bicycle, because it was the best experience for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 other friends. The check-in was ok. We did not have high expectations mainly because we already researched about it so there wasn't much of a disappointed feeling when we found out that we were on the 3rd floor and had to climb a narrow and steep flight of stairs. And we had to carry our luggages on our own. 6 huge ones to be exact for we were traveling across Europe for 2 weeks. Or maybe we were just too excited to have finally reached our 1st stop after a 15-hour flight.

The room was a shoe box. There were 3 beds and we practically had to take turns walking around. With our luggages, the space was not enough for two - let alone 3 - people to move freely at the same time.

The bathroom was an even smaller shoe box. Plus the door did not close properly so we had to use one of our bags to keep it from opening outside.

Breakfast was bad. Coffee was worse. We had 3 days of free breakfast but after seeing it for the 1st time, we just opted to eat elsewhere.

The good thing about the place was that it was very near several train stations. So you can access other parts of London quite easily. Also nearby is a huge shopping mall called Westfield.

Lastly, our hotel room was cleaned and made up all day. We were out most of the day so what mattered to us was there was a clean place to go home to and get cleaned up. It is, after all, a guest h
ouse. Not The Savoy.

Overall, I won't say it was a bad stay experience just that there was nothing special about it. I did not even bother to take photos of our hotel room since it was not worth showing off.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good bits.... Close to tube station and hammersmith Apollo, yep that's about it.
Bad bits.... Small rooms, no drawers to unpack clothes, very cold room, had to ask when the heating would be coming on cold November day, it comes on at 5pm and off by 9am. Breakfast is either fried egg or scrambled with toast and beans.... What no meat!!!!! Wifi was pointless. And condensation running down the walls

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

So let's start with the positives... Decor ok, neutral colours, easy access into the hotel entrance and reception seemed to be manned at all times. Check in was easy, and checkout not complicated though I had to request a receipt, which I would normally expect to be provided for anything which cost £65. At £65 a night it's a relatively cheap night in London, though as you will see, I think this is one of those "You get what you pay for" examples.

The entrance is clean and stickers on the door shout about their 5 Star hygiene (which is a great achievement) though I did not eat here. I went out of the hotel for food and highly recommend a Tapas place just a few doors away.

I should also say, I did not register a complaint with a manager. This was a business trip, with a late check-in, and no time to be rearranging accommodation. I would have moved elsewhere if I'd have turned up here on vacation!

Pictures give a good idea what to expect, so attached are a few of them, but a few more words also...

This place proclaims on their entrance door way to be Trip Advisor rated, but the part of the sticker with the rating on has been cut off (see picture)

Rooms on the 5th floor are a long way up. There is no lift.

The room I had was small. Ok for 1, but there is no space on the "other side" of the double bed. There is a fridge, but I was surprised to see a half eaten sandwich in it (pictured). There is a sort of hospitality tray and a kettle... I did not try them out.

It was a very warm room. They know this, as evidenced by the provided fan (which is thoughtful) but it's a shame it is caked in dust. Would it hurt to brush or vacuum it? Vacuuming the floor properly, just occasionally enough to leave it clean would be a good idea too (see pictures). The wardrobe is propped up with some cardboard; better than it rocking about I suppose.

Bed sheets. If there's one thing to get right, it's clean linen. Not sure what the mark on the top sheet is. I didn't look inside the bedding. Slept on top. It was warm enough to, and I felt more hygienic not getting nearer to the mattress! See picture.

The room TV had a good picture. There is good provision of mains sockets. There is Wi-Fi, though not suitable for my laptop. I did manage to connect an iPad and deal with some emails. Signal strength variable but manageable.

The clean towels were small but adequate and 2 seats provided for single occupancy.

The bathroom had a toilet which I advise you close the lid on before flushing, otherwise the splash-back hits your legs/feet. The management are obviously environmentally aware... They left me the last occupants half used soap bar, as well as their fridge sandwich. Plenty of loo paper rolls, though I suspect this means it is replenished rarely in bulk to save smaller replenishment which good places do almost daily.

The shower is actually ok, but just ok. Unfortunately, it's very compact, and it is extremely easy to knock the on/off temperature selector, resulting in cold or very hot water, or no water. Also, if you shower when presumably others are doing so, the water flow does slow and even completely stop.

On night 1 I kept the bathroom light on for the fan, but there was an unpleasant smell (like sewage) and I think it must drawer the smell up into the room. Day 2 I left it off... Much much better.

I looked in the bedside drawer when I was leaving, to check I had put nothing there. Part of a Durex condom packet in it. Nice!

Overall, would I stay again? No, absolutely not. I would review Trip Advisor in more detail in future and pick somewhere better for the price.

Room Tip: Unless you have little to carry, and if you don't mind the need for a fan on a warm day/night, d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hancouk
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We spent 3 nights here in August. The location is very convenient, being sufficiently close to the City (less than 15 minutes by tube) and with 4 tube stations within a 10 minutes’ walk distance. Even with a couple of heavy suitcases, it was easy to get there from Hammersmith Station. Our room was at ground floor and facing the road, just to the side of the B&B entrance. Nonetheless the windows soundproofing was sufficient and the road traffic noise was not unacceptable. The room was quite… small (!), with 2 single beds and 1 double in a space adequate for the latter only, but we managed to arrange our baggage and still had some place to move. The bathroom was very small, with a microscopic washbasin so that even the normal morning operations were quite difficult. The shower furniture was rusty and the pipe was leaking abundantly. The breakfast was low standard: we expected the typical full English bf, but only found commercial products (orange juice directly from the supermarket container, ordinary jams, cereals), toasts and scrambled eggs. A machine served the beverages.
The place is only acceptable for a short staying, averagely clean, the price is medium-low but you get what you pay for. Friendly personnel. Note: “Los Molinos” Spanish restaurant at 1 minute walk (very good!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family