“Bad area, nice hotel”

Eurotraveller Hotel
Ranked #787 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I didn't like the area it was in a neighborhood that was not the best for seeing sites and not fun to get to at night. The actual hotel itself was nice although wifi is not free. The workers were very helpful

Room Tip: Too far from the center for an American traveler to london I my opinion
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristieannw

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. For the price u pay its reasonable. Room is clean but small, though I've been in smaller places. Bathroom was spacious. You get free wifi for 3 hrs but its only one one device. Breakfast is served in the Peruvian restuarant next door. Decent breakfast but you have to pay £10 which i thought was a bit much. Location is about 10 min walk to underground and you are only a few stops from the centre.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Spent a couple of nights in this hotel. Was very concerned because of the price compared to others. I finally finalize our stay and was very glad I did. I was traveling with brother and sister in law, and they upgraded us to a room with 3 beds because it was larger. The front desk folks were great, went above and beyond to help us with directions, buses, and trains, which you are very close to each of those means of transportation. The hotel was very clean, had fans in the room which worked fine for this time of the year. I would not go there after dark alone, but had no trouble. I would diffenately stay at this property again, and spend the extra money on sight seeing instead of a place to sleep!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 11
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Loretta S
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is on excellent bus routes to access most of London. The hotel was very quiet considering its central location. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was adequate. The fridge was in fact a cooler and not very cold but fairly adequate. The bed was comfortable and the shower just right. The TV was good. The breakfast was too expensive at £10 each but there were plenty of cheap alternatives locally.

Room Tip: There was no blind or nets over the window and we were overlooked by a block of flats. We went out a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank jilly68
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We planned to stay one night at this hotel as we were attending a gig at the Brixton Academy. Having read the reviews I expected the hotel and location to be rough and unsafe but to be honest it was fine! Everything from the hotel service to the room furnishing was perfectly adequate and the location was good being a 10 minute walk to the tube. We would return again if we attend another gig at Brixton. I recommend for those on a budget who are staying 1 or 2 nights.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vangotone
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had a horrible night there and will never return. There was a Peruvian restaurant under my room giving off thick smell of oil and food. There is a train line and a bridge nearby with disturbing train traffic. The top of the story was still the drummer who started to play in the house in front of the hotel at 8:00. The furnishment os old and the carpets are not clean. This is all for 90GBP... Definitely the worst hotel I was in the last years!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I speak with some experience in the hotel industry as I work in a successful 4star hotel. I booked my room via late rooms Wich was very quick and easy . When I arrived the hotel is right next to the tube station but about a 25 minute walk to the London eye. On arriving I was greeted and given my room key. The room was boiling hot, the fan didn't work, it was ground floor so couldn't keep the Windows open. I asked the gentlemen at reception and he was brilliant he got a replacement straight away. This also did not work so he gave me a new room on the top floor. This room was bigger but also just as dirty , this time it was the tv that did not work. The room was very dusty and the foor is disgusting. I am so glad I am not staying for a third night. I did not have breakfast so can not comment on that. I would definitely pay extra and stay closer to the city centre and also somewhere clean and where the facilities I have paid for actually work. I stay on hotels all the time. This is definitely the worst yet. Thankyou to the kind gentleman at the reception desk for his help and being so attentive but overall the hotel is shocking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo