“PERFECT LOCATION FOR TOURIST AND FAMILIES” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheriff Hotel
Ranked #164 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“PERFECT LOCATION FOR TOURIST AND FAMILIES”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was there for 1 night and for business, I needed a location in central London and a few minutes walk from Victoria station- the hotel has been totally renovated and the result is lovely: the rooms are small but confortable with small bathroom and small wardrobe- 2 critical points: some rooms (33, 31) have not the bathroom in the room but it is separated (just 1 meter in front of the room door,it could be ideal for 4 friends, 2 couples, 1 family!) - the breakfast has not pork producs (no bacon, sausages ets) and it is honestly simple-
Very important and positive points: perfect location for tourist, excellent rate (89£ for double room in central London!!)
I think I will be back with my little children and grandma!

Room Tip: perferct location in Central London, at competitive rate (but choose the right room!!)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I was very unsure about staying here having read some other reviews, however I though (considering the price) that is was very good. The room I had was small but as a single room that was fine. The room was spotlessly clean and very smart (I'm guessing it had just been re-fitted). I didn't have much interaction with the staff but what I did have was very good. If you are looking for budget accommodation in a great location for exploring London I think you'll struggle to find better. I will be back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brodleaf
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This cozy hotel was a nice surprise for me when I found it. This was after it has been renovated. Its location is convenient and the family that runs it makes its best. Some rooms could be considered small but this is the case for almost all in this neighborhood. The breakfast is good. I have stayed several times and for me it represents value for money. Therefore it is recommended to all those looking for an affordable hotel, bed and breakfast style in Central London. If you need a lift better avoid or ask for a room at the ground floor (possible but limited number of rooms I guess).

Room Tip: If you need a lift better ask for a room at the ground floor (possible but limited number of rooms I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Yannis299
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We booked a room for two nights with some friends and the website showed some quite nice pictures of "spacious" rooms, in fact they are TINY! 4 beds in one room, I mean barely so space to put luggage and walk around (with 4 people being there at the same time). We got to the room which had beds done and to our big surprise, matterasses were disgusting, hairs (not ours) in the bed sheets, on the pillows and some stains as well. The shower was horrible! There was so much stuff stuck in the shower sink that if you wanted to take a shower for more than 30 seconds, all the bathroom would be flooded (which happened to us)! We even had to go get hair with a plastic bag that was stuck, but it did not make it better, not to mention the STENCH in the shower itself. The window could not be locked properly, so even with the "clean" blankets on, it was cold, which I got sick of by the way. So overall, the staff might be nice, nice building and area next to Victoria Station, but I definitely would NOT advise people to go stay in this hotel.

+ Location, Nice staff
- Tiny Rooms, Inaccurate and misleading advert on the website (even booking.com confirmed they were okay, so imagine...), shower floods the bathroom easily and the cleaning, well is done in 30 seconds.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carlos0407

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My best friend and I stayed here for 6 nights while starting out our trip around England in April 2013 (after the hotel had done major renovations in the summer). Our first impression when we got in the room was "wow this is tiny, we can't even both open our suitcases at the same time." This was true, the room was super small, but who cares! So we took turns deciding on our daily outfit - one showered while the other got to open their case and ponder.

The room was fairly clean too. We came across some hairs in the sheets which we dusted off and pretended it didn't happen. The washroom was super clean and brand new - in fact they installed a soap holder while we were out one day. Breakfast was good too. Simple toast, pastries, hot and cold cereal, fruit - you could definitely mix it up daily for a bit if you wanted to.

Let me get to the most important part, well theres 2. Firstly, this hotel is EXACTLY where you want your hotel to be when visiting London. Its a 10 minute walk from Buckingham Palace and a 5 minute walk to Victoria Tube and Train Station which will take you anywhere (including the airport and the Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio)! Secondly, the staff at the hotel were super accommodating! We asked for an extra sheet and the owner went out and bought one (apparently they don't use bed sheets in England like we do in Canada - all they had was the fitted sheet). He went and bought one! And we had an issue with the shower door which they fixed immediately and apologized for (I didn't care - I just didn't want to be charger as we didn't do it).

Anyways - I have uploaded pictures (4 of them) of the place since the renovation (the ones where the bed cover is white and the washroom is all tile). I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelsey G
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Adviser was a bit apprehensive before I arrived at the hotel, but I shouldn't have worried. The en suite was not outside the area of the room, the beds were very comfortable in fact a lot better than other hotels that claim to be better. The size of the room was what I expected for the price, but there were 3 adults in our room and there was plenty of space for us (3 girls) to get ready! The breakfast was fine the usual continental style. The staff were friendly and welcoming I just wish it was a bit closer to the station. I would have no problem recommending this hotel, but please note there is no lift so anyone who has a problem with stairs this may create a problem there are about 6-8 stairs then a landing, then another 6-8 and so on.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family