“Disgusting don't do it !!!!”

Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #732 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We knew we would be getting a budget hotel and this was reflected in the price with a shared bathroom but nothing could have prepared me for what we got it maybe low cost but I expected it to be clean and tidy it looked like a squat the bedding was not clean I just cried the shared facilities were worse the taps had months of grime in them I think the hotel owners exploit the fact it's cheap as you this as the poor excuse for dirty substandard accommodation could not resolve as none if the staff spoke great English very frustrating

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jo C
LHGManagement, General Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel

At the Belgrave House Hotel we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and I do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

We take all complaints and comments extremely seriously, and endeavour to rectify any issues in order to provide our customers with complete satisfaction.

Despite the fact that the hotel is embarking upon a complete renovation imminently, it is a complete untruth that the cleanliness of the hotel or the bedding would be compromised in anyway.

In addition, all staff within the hotel speak fluent English, and a number of additional languages. So once again this is a fabrication of the truth.

We apologise that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasions, and trust that you really will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to many hotels and being a student I'm far from picky as it's only a place to sleep. But this has to be the most disgusting place I've ever been to in my life as you walk in the reception seems pleasant the people however are not and as soon as you go through some doors to your room it all becomes clear... We had leaks coming through the ceiling mould everywhere ... Our first room we got given was a room with two camp beds floor was dirty and so were the sheets... The room HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED AS WE FOUND A HALF USED FANTA BOTTLE UNDER THE CAMP BEDS! As I got the lady up to come and see how it was unacceptable and to change rooms she got really angry and said there is none left and this was the way all the rooms were and just walked out of the room. So I took my bags and went downstairs and demanded another room. Obviously there was and we did get put in a better room but it was still dirty and unclean just by walking to the rooms and the carpet underneath your feet. If I had the money I would of booked into another hotel.
WE LEFT OUR LUGGAGE WITH THEM ON CHECKOUT WHEN WE GOT OUR SUITCASE BACK OUR LOCK HAD BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND BROKE.
this place is situated on a street of hotels I advise to book with them if your wanting location
Please take this advise

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annalou153
LHGManagement, General Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel, some nine months after your supposed stay.

We doubt very much that you did in fact stay at the Belgrave House Hotel. Firstly, the hotel does not comprise of 'Camp Beds'. Secondly, our staff would certainly never behave in an aggressive manor towards any of our guests. Finally, we are certain that your luggage would never be tampered with under any circumstances. Of the many wonderful guests who pass through our hotel day in day out, year after year, all whom feel safe in the knowledge that their luggage maybe left with us on check-out (at no cost). We have never ever been accused of luggage tampering or theft.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

On arrival the hotel looked fine from the outside and the reception area was what you would expect, clean with tourist information leaflets etc by the door. The staff were not overly informative or friendly (no information was given about breakfast or anything when we checked in). Our room was right next to the reception and once inside discovered it was very scruffy to say the least, patchy walls, no door on wardrobe, miss matching bed side tables, no bed side lights and generally grubby looking. As for the on suite bathroom....the smell coming from the toilet was awful and the sink tap was broken. The only good thing about the room was the bed. The bedroom had a tv but you had to get a remote from reception for a £5 deposit which is fine but when we went to get a remote from reception we were told after lots of rummaging around by the lady at the desk they had no batteries for the remote and to come back in 10 mins!!! which we did only to be told to come back in another 20 mins when she would be able to go and get some once her colleague arrived. We waited 45 mins just to give them some extra time and went back to reception only to be told by a very UN interested man at the desk we won't be sorting it out tonight and to come back in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were staying for 2 nights and didn't bother to ask again. Please note the TVs do not work at all without a remote.Check out time is also stated at 10.30am yet we had someone knock on our door before 10.30am asking us to leave. All in all very un impressed with the whole hotel and would not recommend staying here ever..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LHGManagement, General Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel.

We are imminently embarking upon an entire renovation and refurbishment of the hotel. In addition, we will be adding a significant number of additional guest rooms too.

We apologise that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasions, and trust that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We needed a hotel close to Victoria to pick up relatives in the morning. Going on pictures and street names we booked this place. Unfortunately there was nothing whatsoever to recommend this place. What a dump! Carpets are worn out and very dirty and so was the room. One of the most unpleasant places we ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Never book a hotel without using Tripadvisor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LHGManagement, General Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I work away frequently and often go for fairly central low cost hotels. This being one. I never really have any complaints because for low cost and central, I don't expect much. One thing I do expect, fairly I think, is cleanliness.
This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed at and the only one that has compelled me to write any kind of review. Top to bottom, filthy, broken shell of a place. After checking in a man walked into my room 'here to check the window'! I told him to retrun after I'd checked out. The window wouldn't close, so I had half a window with more than enough room for someone to climb in. I left my bags at reception, then ended up paying more at Euston left luggage as I wasn't happy with the (lack of) security at the hotel room or reception. My door, and many others had obviously been kicked in, with very little done to rescuer the room.
The hotel is dark, dusty, stained, smelly, cramped. Reception staff aren't particularly willing to help, with anything. They have a no refunds policy and a manager that seems not to exist.
The shower room has a floor to ceiling window with no curtain or blind. Bare cracked plater on the walls. All ceilings are cracked and damp stained. Bedroom was stained everywhere, including the bed, walls, carpet, with a variety of coloured liquid marks. a police cell would be better catered and certainly more comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank reviewnotoften
LHGManagement, General Manager at Belgrave House Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel.

A maintenance man was provided during your stay to fix the issue with the window in your room, but this service was refused.

The hotel is extremely safe and secure, with all guest rooms benefiting from key card locks, no kicked in doors whatsoever, CCTV in all communal areas, a safe and secure luggage storage area provided to all guests for free, and helpful staff to assist with all guests woes and concerns.

In addition, since the hotels payment policy is clearly stipulated too, this should emphasis further that the hotel is not in the business of taking any of our guests money un-necessarily. The hotel staff are here to assist all of our guests at the very best value price.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I checked into this hotel for a stay in London,
staying in week starting 16th June 2014,
The reception is clean,as is the outside,
the East European staff are smart,polite and friendly,
as is the breakfast room also clean,with nice staff,
that's where the praise ends,
the room was N O T H I N G like the pictures on their site
The rooms -11 of them in my wing,shared just
O N E bathroom,which had a badly re-fitted
cracked and glued sink,as did my room,
if anyone ever gets cut short in this filthy dump,God help them !
( MAYBE THAT'S WHAT ALL THE STAINS ON THE FILTHY TORN/TATTY/WORN CARPETS ARE?-JUST GUESSING)
The worst hotel ever,DISGUSTING !
London licensing authorities - CLOSE THIS OVERPRICED DUMP DOWN !

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,Easyhotel is next door,stayed in the Paddington and Edinburgh ones,didn't li...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank johnbull60

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent location, within easy walking distance of Victoria. No frills, but if you want a clean, pretty comfortable basic room to sleep while visiting the capital, this is a good choice. Good en-suite facilities. TV in room, with £5 returnable deposit for the remote control. No tea/coffee facilities in the room, but free hot drinks available in the dining room. Good basic breakfast. Would certainly use the hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo