“Bad reviews seem unfair...”

Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road
Ranked #690 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Bad reviews seem unfair...”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on a theatre break. When we arrived the women on the front desk was very friendly and told us everything we needed to know about the hotel. Although the room was small it has everything you need for a short stay with a comfortable bed and en-suite bathroom. The room and bathroom were also clean and had more than we expected for a budget hotel (soap and some toiletries included). Our room also had air-con. Room noise was a problem but that's only because we had a room opposite from the lift, other than that we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast in the morning was good, a wide variety of pastries/cereals/yoghurt and fresh juices too.

The hotel was a couple of minute walk from Edgware road station, the area itself was a bit run down and the hotel doesn't look amazing from the outside but don't judge a book by its cover.

Room Tip: Rooms away from lift and stairs are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Sam,

Thank you for the great comments, you made our day!

We’re pleased to read that you had a fine time staying with us at Comfort Inn Edgware Road. It feels nice to know you left with good memories of the hotel and its staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance for your future bookings.

Best wishes,
Abida.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
Springfield, MO, US
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here one night to just try to sleep on a stopover. Room was miniscule, but did have ensuite bath. no window. Construction of some sort began at 6am sharp apparently in the room next door.

It was walking distance to Paddington.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Guest,

There was no refurbishment or construction going on recently in the hotel. None of the rooms have ensuite bathrooms as all of them contain a shower. Our rooms also have windows. We’re confused after reading your review. Kindly inbox us an arrival/departure date or a reservation number.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Location. good in the end of egware road not near or far to Egware road station it 700 m walking. The staff 3 men & lady
The men unhelpful every question I do not know , check in the internet , I will came later in spite of the lady nice & helpful.
The staff refuse open the safety box every time I told them
Told me later. The internet in the hotel Wi-Fi prepaid & hot spot
It not good many time hang, if you are use the internet in laptop
You can log of & save the time for another time if you use internet
For the mobile you can not log out, the internet price are 1hrs 2 GB,4hrs 4GB ,24 HRS 8 GB.
. The breakfast poor only boiled egg, cornflakes, jam, toast,crossiant ,coffees ,tea ,artificial juice & can fruits. I miss fried eggs, fresh bread, cheese & fresh fruits.
The bathroom small & in bad color , the hot water very weak , you will suffer when you are take bath, I do not like the Curtain & the carpet it red I feel uncomfort in the room but the room size very good , the bed nice & comfort my room was double, I do not like the lift it small & make you tired to go down or up, I suffer from the noise outside the hotel some people open loud music on their car and moving in the neighborhood & some Asian make party close to my room I talk with front desk but they do nothing.
The good thing in the hotel the price wonderful & the area full restaurant & cafes.

I do not reminded this hotel also I do not like egware road .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Taher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other fellow travellers with such a detailed post.

It was a bit confusing to read the first and last sentence in your review as it expresses your like and dislike at the same time for the location. However; we’re concerned to read you left feeling disappointed.

It's difficult for a member of the staff to open the safe provided in the rooms as the guests use a pin number to operate it. The pin number you fed in twice was incorrect owing to which the safe was locked. We were having a bit of an issue with the internet on your arrival date which was than fixed the next day.

Sorry to hear you did not like our complimentary continental breakfast. We mostly get good reviews for this service. It’s good to hear your satisfaction towards the price, room size and the beds in the room. The interior design of the rooms and its colour scheme is done keeping the colours of the Comfort Inn logo in view.

We encourage guests to contact reception at any time for immediate attention to any concern they have as we try our hardest to satisfy all our guest’s requests. Your review is invaluable to us and your honest feedback appreciated. We will continue making improvements based on your suggestions and observations.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped here in June with my wife and daughter in a family room. The main bedroom and other room were separate. So gave us all some privacy which was good.
Breakfast was continental buffet style, plenty to choose from with yoghurt s, fruit ,cereals etc.
ideally situated for exploring the Sights of London there is a bus stop right outside and the nearest tube station is only a few minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Simon,

It’s nice to know the hotel surprised you in a positive manner.
It was a pleasure reading your review and we hope you and your family visit us again in near future
Warm wishes,
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I had a very bad memory in this hotel, 5 days the receptionests not looking at their customers, they might busy with the computers!!!
My laptop apple mac book pro stolen from the room at the night of checking out!! The room that i have is the only room that we use classical key to open it as stated by the manger Ahmed. One of the cleaner was assigned to my room for all that days. When i reported they said another incidence (2 i pads stolen)happened day before me and day before that i saw the police in the hotel, i asked the receptionest why the police in the hotel? He told me for routine check up and he did not tell me the truth!!! If he had told me at least i will carry my laptop with me. I think the one who take my laptop is from the hotel staff and there is something wrong going between the staff themselfs????

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hayder970
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologise if you’ve experienced any discomfort during your stay with us. We were going through an upgrade process with the locks which is why you were asked to leave the manual key in the reception. In actual fact, it’s totally secure as the CCTV is operational in the reception and all the common areas of the hotel.

Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction towards our front desk service. You might have found the front office staff working on their computers because they also operate the reservation system. We generally receive positive reviews for our customer service. Not serving our guests for five days is definitely not a practice we believe in at Comfort Inn Edgware road.

Please keep in mind that we take our guests negative feedback very seriously. If need be we’ll definitely make changes in our system. If you have any further query then please contact the Operations Manager at ahmed.khan@4chotels.co.uk.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Having booked two rooms many months prior, I was contacted by the hotel three days before my stay and told "...we have cancelled your reservation as we need to keep the rooms for current guests". The hotel advised us that we had plenty of time to book elsewhere(!) and offered no alternative. I contacted Comfort Inn central reservations who were as horrified as me. They contacted the Edgeware road hotel on my behalf and were able to offer an alternative hotel but too far away from where we needed to be (Hyde Park). When I refused the alternative and tried to cancel the booking I was informed there would be a £49 charge!!! Further telephone calls to the central reservation team and this was waived. If you need to be confident your booking will be honoured DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Wilber4orce
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,

There was a pipe leakage in the building due to which few rooms were out of order. We had to give preference to reservations which were booked in advance prior to your booking date. Since the hotel cancelled your booking so there is no question why we would charge you the cancellation fee. Jawad, the front office manager confirmed to you on the telephone that there will be no cancellation fee involved. He found an alternative accommodation in Victoria but as you said it was too far for you. There must be a misunderstanding as the dedicated team members constantly strive to make sure the hotel delivers the services you deserve.

However; we apologize if you faced any inconvenience. Not having a second chance would be a shame since we seemed not to have worked wonders on this occasion… certainly looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Even though I went to London to visit as much as I can, and couldn't care less about the room or hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. I chose this hotel because of the positioning. It's 15 minutes away from Hyde Park, 5 minutes away from the nearest underground. From the outside it doesn't look like much, I almost walked past it when I first arrived.
The staff were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was varied and very good. The room was spacious and clean. Everything seemed new and if it wasn't new, it was very well maintained.
If I was to mention a couple of things that I didn't like, it would be that the windows didn't open (you can just crack them open) and the hallway and elevator are very narrow.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to enjoy the sights.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VladMI9
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for brightening up our day. It feels really nice to know the hotel and the staff lived up to your expectations. And yes you are right; we are in the perfect location to access all the incredible places London has to show.

Thank you for sharing your honest comments. The windows in all the rooms are designed in a certain way for health and safety reasons. By the way we loved the window view you've captured in your photos.

Let us know your future travel plans. There is so much going on in London and the weather has been kind too, rest leave it up to us, we’ll make it special for you.