“Really lovely stay”
Review of The Rockwell

The Rockwell
Ranked #334 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights, and I can honestly say it was one of the nicest rooms, with the comfiest of beds..the staff were all very professional , but also friendly and helpful. At the last minute we had to use a wheelchair for my partner, but even at very short notice, the staff made us very welcome and accomadated us perfectly. Can't recommend highly enough

Room Tip: Our room on the ground floor, G2, was perfect for wheelchair users
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Rockwell

Reviewed 13 February 2014

excellent hotel i stayed for 2 nights with my girlfriend i was surprised for the coworking and a friendly warm smile that the hotel staff welcomed us,apparently we needed some information and the girl from the restaurant it knows everything exactly and precisely i would recommend for every friend and i barely wait to visit london again and the rockwell hotel..

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Rockwell is a treat from the minute you see the front door. The general ambience is friendly and cosy but the hotel is at the same time light and airy. All areas were very clean and tidy. Breakfast was served in the small dining room and offered an excellent choice. The English breakfast defeated us!!! Our room was a little small but was more than for our 2night stay.
The walk from Earls Court tube station to the hotel took less than 5 mins along a very pleasant,safe road. The 74 bus to Baker St and the museums stops a few yards from the hotel.
The staff were very friendly making us feel we had come home each time we returned. They could not have been more helpful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Booked thru i-escape, my favorite hotel site and was really looking forward to stay at this hotel.
A free upgrade on space availability was offered, however when we checked-in no upgrade was mentioned. When i asked if there was no availability for a deluxe room we were told that there was just one left facing the road and that the room we were given would be more quiet. I decided to take the deluxe room anyway and probably made the wrong decision. The room was split-level with a tiny bathroom, tiny sitting room, really steep stairs leading up to a claustrophobic bedroom. The room was not nearly as stylish and quirky as the others i saw on pictures on tripadvisor . All this said, the service, the location and the food in the restaurant was good and the price for an overnight stay certainly very good value.

Room Tip: don't choose a split level room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The hotel decor is nice overall, but not in the room we were allocated. We stayed on the top floor, end of the corridor. The room is ultra small, with the tiniest bathroom and shower.
It's about 5-10 mins walk away from tube station but it wasn't in a great location.
Room was cozy but I believe other rooms in the hotel will be better than the one we got.
We stayed here for our anniversary, we were disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yanice C
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Fantastic, stylish boutique hotel with great attention to detail and friendly welcoming staff. We stayed there as a special business treat (my wife and business partner thought we were staying at a local Travel Lodge) we have a small business and were exhibiting at the near by Earls Court. We were on our feet all day at the exhibition and The Rockwell was the perfect retreat, we had a 3 night stay in one of their lovely garden rooms, which included dinner, bed and breakfast. Wonderful 3 course evening meals and a good choice of breakfasts. The garden rooms are medium size, but tick all of the ‘luxury boxes’, thanks to luxurious beds with Egyptian cotton sheets, warm duvets which resulted in the 3 of the best nights sleeps we have ever had! There is also an on-suite and doors that open out into your own private space. We will be back. Thank you Rockwell.

Room Tip: Garden room are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at The Rockwell in late November/early December on business. I chose the hotel because I tend to like smaller "boutique" hotels rather than large conglomerates. In the past few years I have stayed at multiple hotels in London but never the same one twice because none of them warranted this based on cost, cleanliness, staff friendliness etc. The Rockwell changed all this - I will be back!

The hotel is located near Earl's Court which is on the fringe of zones 1/2 for the tube. This is nice because you will save a bit travelling into the city. It is easy to get to from Heathrow - I took the tube then a 5 minute walk from the Earl's Court station. There are lots of pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance.

My room at The Rockwell was clean and well organized. It was not a huge room but I certainly didn't feel cramped. All the fixtures in the bathroom and the room itself seemed to be very new and were top end. I asked for a room at the back of the hotel which was easy to get to from the elevator or stairs and as very quiet. Internet was perfect.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. As an example when I booked online I could only get one of the two nights I needed. I emailed the hotel and got a quick response confirming my second night at the same rate. During my stay the front desk staff always gave me a friendly greeting.

I had read some reviews that indicated breakfast/dinner service was poor. The dining room is small with limited seating. The first morning I had breakfast it was packed and yes I had to wait a few minutes longer with my morning coffee and newspaper. This could happen anywhere - it certainly wasn't a deal breaker for me. The second morning was very fast. I did not have dinner at the hotel - too many other great places nearby.

Would I go back - ABSOLUTELY. The cost was 50% lower than I have ever paid in London and the overall quality was much higher. This has to be one of the best value hotels in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business