“Outstanding service, good hotel!”
Review of The Rockwell

The Rockwell
Ranked #329 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Fabulous service, from the reception to the porters , everyone was exceptionally helpful. The rooms are clean and although on the small side (superior single) I had the skylight windows to give a sense of space. The location is central and in walking distance from restaurants and Sainsburys supermarket. (good Lebanese restuarant around the corner, Orjowan.) Breakfast is basic and I would probably skip it next time and go to one of the cafes around the hotel which are cheaper.
The only negative is the noise level , it might be the doors or walls. I could hear other guests conversations in the other rooms and the noise level is very disturbing. I mentioned this at departure and the reception informed me that they would relay this information to the management. I would probably recommend this hotel but would caution against the noise levels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelVav
Alexandra S, Guest Relations Manager at The Rockwell, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I enjoyed sharing this with our team, who were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you seem to have experienced regarding the noise. This information has been forwarded to our management.
Your comments egarding breakfast will be forwarded to our Food & Beverage Manager. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to The Rockwell in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Alexandra Stefan

There are newer reviews for The Rockwell

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked the smallest room possible and was in no way disappointed. It was small, bijou, tiny, a bit like a cabin on a ship but comfier. Slightly bland, but spotless with fine bed linens and a complimentary bottle of water. Not troubled about lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room and I didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment, though a pot of tea I ordered was nigh undrinkable - I think it had been made with fairly hot but not boiling water. Not the end of the world however. Found a marvellous place for breakfast on Earls Court Rd called Gusto - and certainly cheaper than the hotel. They do a fabulous latte.
Back to the hotel, the well designed bathroom was small but nicely formed, though getting into the shower was a bit of a challenge. Bravo for supplying bathrobes!
The weather was marvellous and the garden a joy, a huge bonus.
The staff without exception were charming and helpful, especially Alexandra and Antonia. An excellent base, slightly expensive perhaps, but in a great location for transport links. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kf1102
Alexandra S, Guest Relations Manager at The Rockwell, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I was particularly pleased to read how much you enjoyed our garden and how wonderful you found the service provided by our team at The Rockwell. A specila thank you from myself and my colleague Antonia for your kind words.

Hope to have the pleasure to personally welcome you back at The Rockwell very soon.

Kind Regards,
Alexandra Stefan

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently stayed at the Rockwell whilst attending a conference in nearby Kensington. It was the cheapest hotel that I found near to my location. To be truthful it was a pleasant surprise. Situated on the Cromwell Road approx 5 mins walk from Earl Court Tube Station. It is close to all amenities etc and would make a great base for anyone visiting the capital.

I booked a single room which which more than adequate for my needs. The bed was what I would class as a 3/4 but there was enough room to move round and for me to put my small suitcase. There was a wall mounted TV, radio, desk and well stocked mini bar. My only disappointment was that there were no coffee and tea making facilities, but this is a just a personal view. The bathroom was stocked with toiletries from the White Company, there was even a dressing gown. Compact and bijoux is probably the best description.

The staff were always very polite and professional and could not have been more helpful. i booked my stay via LondonTown and had confirmation that breakfast was included. On arrival at the hotel this was not the case but they dealt with the matter and resolved this once speaking to LondonTown discretely and efficiently with no inconvenience to myself. Breakfast was a continental breakfast which was more than adequate with more than enough food to suit all palates and diets.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would look to staying here again if I visited London again either for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Please bear in mind that this is London and as long as your room is clean, staff pleasant and profes...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Galluccis
Reviewed 9 June 2014

we were at a concert sat night at Earls court so hotel perfect location. we stayed 2 nights - rooms small but spotless bed v comfortable in fact pillows amazing!! Breakfast was very good found all staff very professional and polite nothing too much trouble wouldnt hesitate in staying here again if was in area however a little far from central London (20mins or so to Covent Garden).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a very expensive small room. There was building work going on next door to my room until 10pm saturday night. I told staff who were dismissive and said they could not be responsible for neighbours. Waitress at breakfast cold and intimidating. Overall experience poor would not recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank WalesBluebell
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The decor, location and food are highlights. The rooms are well appointed however avoid the mezzanine rooms in summer as the air on can't cope with the room volume. Service is inconsistent, depending on who is on duty at the front desk...it varies from very good to poor. The breakfast is excellent but was not included in the rate. Very we'll located close to Earls Court tube station with lots of really good restaurants and pubs close by.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are prime
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The location of the hotel was perfecet. very close to the underground. the staff were very heplful, and good- humored. They help everything you need. We stayed ina double room. And the room was very big and comfortable and wide.The furniture are good. They even have bathrobe in the btahroom. The breakfast was excellent. If I go london again I will definiteley stay in that hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business