“The worst(trust me) hotel I have stayed EVER!”
Review of Pacific Hotel

Pacific Hotel
Ranked #951 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Chennai (Madras), India
“The worst(trust me) hotel I have stayed EVER!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com under the impression that this would be a decent hotel at least looking at the photos given and ended up with the worst experience that almost ruined our trip to London. Let me start by saying that it is located quite close to the Paddington station. While that is an advantage, that is not worth wht you will go through during the stay. We did get lucky. London was only a three days personal trip on our agenda as part of our bigger business trip to dublin and Belfast. So after booking on booking.com, we get an email stating that the credit card we had given was having issues and that we had to contact the hotel directly. I did call them and spoke to a guy named Michael and he had asked us to come over directly and speak on the same. We reached the hotel to find out that our room had already been given to some one else and there we no rooms available. We later found out that since that sunday London marathon was scheduled, our hotel guy got greed and had given away the room to some one else. Thats saying that this is an unreliable hotel. With no experience on how the hotel would be, we had asked him to let us know if some room becomes available and that we would go look around for rooms. There is a hotel very next to Pacific hotel by name Norfolk towers which to our luck worked out about 20 pounds cheaper(which back in india is 2k INR) and turned out to be a much much better hotel with a good continental break fast included in the room rate. But unfortunately they only had rooms available for two days and we still had to look for an accommodation for one more day and hence we decided to check-in and drop our luggages in the room and look around further for accommodation for the one day remaining. We encountered the same guy at the pacific hotel reception who said that he may be able to give us a room for saturday and charged our card. This is where we turned out to be unlucky and the disaster struck. The room was in the basement floor to which the elevator did not go to whoch we realised after we entered the lift which could fit only one person so I decided to allow my friend to take the lift and I took the stairs. Now the stairs are a bigger disaster cos they were far too narrow for a person to be able to carry down his luggage and you need to believe that I am not exaggerating even a single bit and I am quite lenient with my reviews which you can find for yourselves on my other reviews. So after quite a bit of struggle I reached my room gasping for breath after having carried my big suitcase down stairs. The room smelt dust like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time and the bed spread / covers dint look all that clean at all. broken shower was what greeted us in the bath room. They did not even have a coffee maker in the room which is basic in any hotel room(Norfolk had it all organized well) and no mention of breakfast despite having paid 20 pounds more and the worst of it all we could hear people walking on the floor above us all night long and that ruined our sleep completely. I am not writing any more since my review is already long. Please don't ever, ever, ever, stay or think about staying here!

Room Tip: Do not stay here....nothing more!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Satish_Anandan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed two nights in a double room. The room was clean and not too small, bathroom was clean, had towels and a multi-channel TV. Service was really OK, and breakfast is nothing special but also OK (bread, two eggs, bacon and beans, orange juice, tea/coffee).
The location is really close (5-7 minutes walk) from Paddingtion station, and is really convenient. If you want to walk to marble arch it's about 15 minutes.
It's not a fancy hotel but for the price we were really pleased, and would definitely choose it again if we need fairly cheap accomodation in a good location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank chaka72
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotel located near bus services or 10 min walk to the Subway. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast include toast, two fried eggs, a piece of ham and a spoonful of beans, tea and juice. Rooms for three persons for 92 GBP per night. Ok for a short holiday, to get ready for the next day activites.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janstef345
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked a double room, when arrive the twins room was given. Not as shown by the photo advertised on the internet. The room is totally opposite as advertised. Ask for the room exhange, the reception told me all room were full. The twins room was small and hot. The total layout is so cramp. Feel so humid and hardly breathe in the room. The bed is so soft and you know its been used for many many years. They so called had refurbished the hotel RECENTLY. What i can see is a totally lie story. All furnitures are so old. The toilet hardly fit a big guy, too tight. The toilet was flooded after shower. Shower water was weak. There was no lift in the hotel, my room is located on the top floor (fourth). I am not sure how can they get three star rating for the hotel. Please stop lying to people, take out the three star. wireless is so weak at the room. Highly not recommended, very disappointing, very bad experience.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yap Y

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you need inexpensive 1 night accommodation near Paddington to park yourself and your luggage before heading somewhere else, then this will do. It is not where one stays when on vacation in London or when visiting Liz and Phil. The plusses are: near Paddington, St. Mary's Hospital, Hyde Park and lots of decent small restaurants/pubs. Safe, multi-cultural area. Room was basic. Wi-fi worked ok and was free. TV had lots of channels. The included cooked breakfast of eggs, ham, beans and toast with juice & coffee was a bonus, you can do a lot worse. On the minus side the bathroom fan was very noisy, the shower curtain rod has a 90 degree angle at forehead height as you exit and the soap was open and used by someone I don't know - glad I had my own. No matter what the claimed star rating of this hotel is, it merits 2.5 at most, and I would rate it as an average 2.5 star hotel. Having said that, given the price and location and I got exactly what I anticipated. When I expect more, I'll go somewhere else and pay a higher price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank R S
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stoped at this hotel as a last resort after getting stuck on in London, Seemed ok i suppose but not really somewhere you would choose as such, Staff polite and room aged but clean.
if its somewhere to lay your head then its ok, If your taking the Mrs then have a re think! Kinda funny place but close to things ..Eg Station, shops bars etc but if your booking ahead then keep your options open as they seemed to be lots of hotels in the area.. Just full when i needed one! :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business