“Homely”

Montagu Place Hotel
Ranked #59 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Homely”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It felt more like staying in a friend's house rather than a hotel - for me that was fine, for others it might lack the buzz you normally get from a standard hotel. My room was hidden away downstairs, but was of a nice size and the bed was really comfortable. Bathrrom was small but fine and had great towels and nice molton brown toiletries. Location great if you want to pop to Selfridges on Oxford Street or Home House in Portman Square or whatever. Lots of nice local restaurants. Staff were very discreet but also very friendly and helpful - an asset to the hotel. Didn't stay for breakfast. I think this is a great hotel for people either on business and want some quiet or shoppers who just want to relax after some retail therapy....

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at Montagu Place Hotel London, it is always a pleasure to read such a positive feedback.

It is always our hope that guests leave feeling well cared for and relaxed and we could not be happier to know that we achieved that for you. Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do.

We look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay with us again.

Marta Wasilewska - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here for a night in September 2013.

Nice rooms, small but really comfy and exactly what I wanted. The staff are friendly and super helpful. Rooms are clean and the breakfast is great too. A really nice hotel, one of the better ones I've stayed with in London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at Montagu Place Hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments and feedback will certainly be shared with all our staff.

I am particularly pleased to see your final words and we look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay with us again.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great style, great ambience and very friendly helpful staff. Great location too. But poor bedding, pillows and duvet - not to mention no lift. Carpet badly laid - trip hazard. Shower leaked a puddle onto the very small bathroom floor - nearly slipped :-( When are hotels going to learn that repeat business depends on a comfortable nights sleep!

Room Tip: Higher floor - quiet room and would never have known I was in central London.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C Y
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Montagu Place Hotel. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create a positive experience for you. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for this to you.

I am however glad that you found our team lovely and friendly and enjoyed our convenient location as well as our atmosphere, were all to your like.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I hope this isolated incident will not deter your from visiting us in the future. I can assure you that your experience is far from what we intend to offer our guests.
I have already sent you a replied to your feedback, which you kindly submitted on the 31st August, on our internal guest comment card.
All your comments have been shared and taken constructively by all the team here and rest assured that all those areas highlighted will be looked at, to improve our guests experience in the future. I hope we will get a chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, so I can personally ensure your stay will exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly on gm@montagu-place.co.uk I will ensure we look after you personally and deliver a great stay!

Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed at this great hotel for two nights this weekend, everything from start to finish was superb. Friendly helpful staff and superb clean rooms with excellent facilities and all the comforts you could wish for. Thank you.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is lovely to read ‘superb’ comments like yours and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Montagu Place Hotel.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I will certainly share it with our team.

Thank you so much for your glowing review and for choosing the Montagu Place Hotel for your stay in London. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon and in the meantime should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay in a great location (close to Oxford street) and also fairly quiet location then this is the place. The rooms are fairly nice (avoid lower ground if you can) and fairly quiet.
The staff is. Very friendly and attentive.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Froggylondon2
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking your time and post your kind feedback on TripAdvisor; your feedback is really appreciated. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you again for staying with us and for your review about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Montagu Place in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had a lovely stay at Montagu Place Hotel. Great location, in a quiet area but near to the tube and Oxford Street. Small hotel with friendly and attentive staff. Nicely decorated room, very clean with a very comfortable bed.
I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Luigi L
Marta W, General Manager at Montagu Place Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay at Montagu Place Hotel. We appreciate the time you've taken to share about your positive experiences while staying with us and for recommending us to other travelers.

We look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay with us again

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have spent 3 days with my ex wife in there. Staff was friendly and always happy to help, location is absolutely great- only a couple of minutes from main London attractions. The room is fantastic with a bath, big shower etc. All in all I definitely recommend the place and I will return for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful five-star rating of Montagu Place Hotel. We can't thank you enough for your kind words and heartening compliments.

We will continue working hard to deliver the same level of service or better to all our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.