“Need more alcohol to cope with the loudness”

All Star Lanes-Holborn
Ranked #135 of 378 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Popped in for cocktails, they were delivered quickly to my table, but were very disappointing and weak at the price. I doubt whether they had the proper amount of alcohol in them. Service was polite though. But it was so loud, we had to leave after one drink. There was a group in there that were having to resort to drinking games as they couldn't hear each other speak, which made it even louder. The decor is nice. The female staff uniform is sexist compared with the male staff. That needs addressing. Didn't fancy the food and the restaurant part was half empty.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I went to the All Star Lanes Bowling alley near Holborn last night and whilst we had a good time bowling (expensive though) the meal afterwards wasn't great. It's a standard sort of fake diner menu - burgers and chips etc but didn't taste of much and was over-priced. The waitress tried handing me my plate whilst reaching across the table (when I was sat at the end so she could have just gone round) and in the process of me trying to take it from her I knocked over my glass of sprite which went off the table and into my open handbag. I tried to clear it up and save my phone, kindle, work etc but the waitress insisted on still trying to hand me the plate! I took it from her and put it down on another part of the table (right in front of where she was standing) but she wasn't at all helpful with helping me or say sorry. Another waitress got me an extra napkin but I had to ask for several more as the drink was everywhere. I physically knocked the glass over but it was beacuse the waitress was insisting on trying to pass me the plate at such an awkward angle so I expected at least a sorry from her and some help with clearing it up.

1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Visited All Star Lanes Holborn for some food on a Sunday night and there was a nice atmosphere. I had soup to start; Asparagus Sun Chip, and it was lovely. I also ordered the fried chicken basket which was served with sweet potato fries and a side of plain mayo. While the main was served hot and prompt, I wasn't super impressed by it on a whole...though the portion was certainly enough for me! I suppose I expected more on the taste (it was quite peppery) to live up to its American counterparts in the States. I also expected Ranch Dressing to be a staple for a restaurant that advertises 'American food'. The atmosphere was great and it looked like everyone was having fun bowling!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We visited All Star Lanes on a Thursday and it was fantastic. Intriguing decor in the bar and American style food and service in the restuarant coupled with ten pin bowling makes for a great combo. The staff are brilliant too - very friendly and helpful. It feels like they enjoy what they do and seemed to smile at any request.

I would definitely return!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Staff were amazing, really friendly. A group of us stumbled upon it when visiting Westfield. We decided to have a game and ended up spending all afternoon there!!! They do lovely food too. Will certainly go back!!