“Great atmosphere, Great fun”

All Star Lanes-Holborn
Ranked #125 of 360 Fun & Games in London
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere, Great fun”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I came here with my company for a staff night out - I myself had organised it and the person in charge of bookings (Amy) was really helpful and accomodating.

The atmosphere was really great fun - we all sat down to eat before our game and ate from the Eat, Drink, Bowl menu. Our lovely waitress did really well coping with all of us (25 over 6 different tables) and took our orders really efficiently. The cocktails were nice and arrived quickly. We all shared some starters and they were really tasty but note that it was very much high fat, high carb food. There were few 'healthy options'. I had the fried chicken in a basket as a main and it was really disappointing - it wasn't 'real' fried chicken on the bone but breaded chicken fillets like you'd buy frozen in a supermarket and heat in the oven. But everything else was nice.

We had a great game of bowling and it's really good value as the game lasted quite a long time. The staff were all great but the bar staff were a little moody and not as welcoming as the others. I would definitely recommend All Star Lanes as a good place to go for a staff social or birthday party.

Visited February 2014

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Think this is a brilliant concept - bowling with an amazing restaurant. Good value for money for only £33 you get a game of bowling, a cocktail and a two course meal. The food was massive portions and really tasty! We all came out STUFFED! Everyones food looked was really amazing and it came very well presented. The cocktails were gorgeous - with a very large menu! & again very well presented with umberellas and decorations. Really good atmosphere and has more of an adult bowling atmosphere. Would go here again. Only thing I would say was we went on a Sunday and it wasnt over crowded with people - but it took ages to get our shoes and ages to pay and collect our shoes back so I can imagine it would be hectic when it is busy! Also there is not really any seats on the bowling alley and no where to put your things so you have to keep them on the floor close to you as its busy it would be easy to lose something.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sophie A
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Feel ripped off; won't return”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Went to the brick lane on a Friday night with three friends for the £29 dinner, a drink and bowling deal. While the staff were friendly, the food was terrible. I would have expected more, even though it is just a diner. Game of bowling only lasted half an hour. We're charged £33 per person on account of it being a Friday evening, even though I confirmed when making the reservation that the £29 was available to us. Awaiting response from management but not optimistic. Highly unrecommended.

Visited January 2014
Manchester
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“A fantastic night out a work christmas party”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Excellent venue, seems a bit strange on entering as it looks like some underground gentleman's club... but once inside it is modern and sophisticated. The lanes were a lot of fun, we ordered some plates of snacky foods which were delicious... especially the mini burgers and the chicken! delicious! Will definitely come back for next year's party!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank daveyh87
Rochester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Party”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We chose the venue because the idea of a game of bowling combined with a meal appealed to most of us.
The bar is very expensive and only caters for the drinkers. If for any reason you do not want to drink alcohol you will have limited choice.
The bowling experience was different in only having three ball returns for six lanes. There were not enough of the larger balls for the people that needed them and so, this left at least ten people sharing the same ball. The lane kept locking up and not always registering the correct amount of pins or strikes. At one stage we just had two balls left on the return as all the rest were still sitting in the mechanism at the end of the lane. On several occasions we had to roll a ball down the gutter to 'unlock' the mechanism.
When we sat down to eat we hoped the experience would get better.
I chose wild mushroom soup. This was very watery, salty and how can you burn the bits of mushroom in the bottom. The bread tasted like a bit of warmed up French stick from an earlier session.
My main course was Braised Beef Bourguignon, this was served barely warm, it did get warmer as you got nearer the plate so it seems it was dished up early and left standing on a hot plate. The mashed potato was cold. Some of our party were sending their food back to be warmed up. The side order of vegetables looked nice but some were 'soggy' and some were almost raw. One of our party had a roast potato with his turkey that could be used, as he put it, for knocking in nails.
I had the cheesecake for desert which was really thick and involved a lot of chewing to get through. I chose the cheesecake as it is usually the lighter option.
We had a good evening, but that was down to the company I was with and not the venue.
The impression I got was that they rely on the fact that you have been drinking so will not be too worried about the standard of the bowling facilities or the food.
I don't think we will be returning to this venue.

Visited December 2013