“Excellent all around (though location can be a bit of a hike)”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #166 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed here for a week in early August, 2011. The hotel seems quite new, and is very attractive, sleek and modern from the lobby to the rooms.

Everything about my experience was fantastic. The staff was very accommodating when my airline lost my bags and helped hound American Airlines until they finally delivered my bags.

The rooms are very modern, very clean and spacious, particularly for a hotel in London. I stayed on the Executive Floor, so I don't know if my rooms were larger, but they had plenty of space.

The executive lounge is fantastic, particularly with the outside rooftop terrace. A great place to unwind after a long day.

The only drawback to the hotel is the location. Depending on where your business or travels take you, the location can be a bit of a hike from the more fashionable parts of London. That said, it's very close to the London Bridge underground and rail stations, so not a huge deal.

I'd highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to the executive floor, you'll love their lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank adamclyde
LONTB, Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We were very happy to receive this lovely feed back and glad you enjoyed your stay with us especially having spent a whole weekn in our hotel. We always receive great reviews regarding the location of our hotel, however this of course depends on the nature of the visit. I have shared your feed back with the Executive Floor team and it is true that our terrace is a wonderful plus especially on sunny days. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Great business hotel that caters tourists on weekends.

24h internet at £15 is over the top and breakfast at £21 pp as well.
On weekends they only serve a breakfast buffet. The buffet serves the typical unripe fruit, chewy bacon, tasteless coffee, soggy croissants etc like you can find in many hotels and always over priced.

There are plenty of places in the neighborhood where you can have a better breakfast for less.

Room Tip: From the top floors on the North-West Side you'll be able to see the city skyline.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betabloke
LONTB, Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback and I am really sorry to read that our breakfast was not up to your expectations. I hope this will not refrain from coming back to visit our hotel in the future. However, I can see that you enjoyed the location and the cleanliness of our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We upgraded to the executive floor and it was so quiet and you have your own lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening snacks and dessert. The hotel is fairly new and the room was large for a city. Very clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would want. It is within walking distance of the London tower but otherwise you will have to either take the underground or cab it or use the hop on- hop off bus to get around the city. That is the only drawback. However for the price they charge here, you can pay to go anywhere in the city. Prompt service as our battery died on our entrance room door and they fixed it right away.

Room Tip: upgrade to exec floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank suzeyes

Thank you for posting a review, I am glad that in general you could not find fault with your stay I am pleased that you found our service up to your expectation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

This is a belated review (May 2010) but my wife and I wanted to share what an enjoyable and relaxing time we had at this conveniently located London Tower Bridge and Thames River Hilton, This was our first time visiting London and we stayed here 3 nights on Hilton points. We had recently stayed at the Hilton Rome Cavalieri hotel this past May and actually had recommended this hotel on that review of the Cavalieri because it offers so much more value then the Rome hotel. The executive lounge is the BEST I have visited in recent years at Hiltons and the staff provided supherb service and made us feel like this was our second home. The small outdoor executive lounge patio offered a nice place to sit and catch some fresh air and enjoy a morning coffee or have a cocktail in the evening and had some nice views of the London river skyline. The lounge had two computers with free internet and the complimentary morning, afternoon and evening food and beverage offerings were outstanding. Location was one reason we chose this Hilton since it is a short walking distance to a Tube station, small shopping area, and you can walk along the River to the Tower Bridge and walk across over the Thames to the Tower of London. There are some very nice restaurants and pubs near the hotel. The London City Hall is just a couple blocks up river and the office building where they partially filmed the sequel to the movie "Wallstreet", "Wallstreet Never Sleeps" with Michael Douglas is one of the tall business buildings between the hotel and the river. The rooms were modern and fairly large with a good size room safe. We will certainly stay here again on our return visit to London. Thanks Hilton London Tower Bridge hotel!

Room Tip: Request a room with some view of the river/Tower Bridge with access to the executive lounge.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Councilman1

We always appreciate any feedback, even if they are belated and especially if they are so positive. I shared your wonderful words with the rest of the team and it is great to see that we fulfilled your expectations. We love the fact that you would come back to our property if you were to return to London and we hope this will happen very soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Located in the South Bank area, where you'll find many bars and restaurants. The Hilton Tower Bridge is only a 5 minute walk from Londonbridge tube station – very handy if you are travelling from Gatwick or Luton, as there is a direct train with First Capital Connect – and a 10 minute walk to Borough Market.
Convenient to many attractions, such as London Bridge, the London Dungeon, Houses of Parliament, Covent Garden, etc.

The hotel is modern, rooms are good size, and bathrooms too. A “business” style hotel.
The executive lounge is nice, with lovely bites to eat and good selection of drinks on offer.
The gym is small, but then again, probably had all anyone will need when working out away from home.

Professional and courteous staff.

Beware – WIFI is NOT complimentary.

Room Tip: I'd recommend asking for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
LONTB, Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2011

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope this will be only your first stay with us and that you will return to Hilton Tower Bridge where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

good hotel a friendly welcome
good staff they were all very pleasent and helpfull
good food we had stayed in this hotel 18 months ago and the food was exceptable but this time it was 100% of an improvement. well done to all.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

It is so good to receive feed back from returning guests, as it really gives us the opportunity to see if we are doing a good job, but more important if we are improving in our standard. Reading your comment it looks we managed to make you satisfied with our Food and Beverage options. Thank you very much for your constructive comment and we hope to have another opportunity to prove our service in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here for a special birthday weekend with my mum last weekend. We had a fanatsic trip, and really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I always do my Trip Advisor research before I travel and this hotel was certainly rated highly and I managed to secure an excellent rate for 2 nights & breakfast. We arrived early, our room was not ready as expected but we left our cases with the concierge. I had emailed the hotel in advance to let them know it was a special birthday, and we arrived into our room to find some birthday cake and a complimentary bottle of red....very nice touch so thank you for arranging that. It made my mum's day! The rooms are lovely, modern and spacious with everything you need including a lovely power shower. The location is perfect from pretty much all the shopping streets and sights - tube is a few mins walk and you are right next to London Dungeon although we didnt go to this. The staff are really helpful, I needed a hot toddy on one day to help a sore throat and the lady at the bar made this up for me no questions asked and was really lovely about it. We didn't want to leave! Breakfast each morning was excellent, plenty of selections hot and cold and attentive staff who keep your coffee and OJ topped up!
I have stayed in many hotels in this area for business but this hotel is far superior in lots of ways. Well done to all the staff, its certainly the best Hilton hotel I have ever stayed in and I hope to make the return journey soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you so much. I am really happy that we made you and your mum satisfied, especially because it was such an important occasion. I have shared your comment with the rest of the team and I am glad to read that you wish to return to visit us and i hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.