Convenient, modern, full-service, clean, comfortable ... what more do you need?
This is an excellent hotel, almost right on the Thames River, in the South Bank section of London, convenient to the Tube/Underground/subway (5 min walk), Tower Bridge (5 min walk), Tower of London (just across the Tower Bridge = 10-15 min walk) - where Crown Jewels are kept, and so close to so many other destinations including Tate Modern museum, HMS Belfast warship, market, shopping. Yes, you will need to take the Tube to other tourist attractions, such as Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, etc..... but it's not a long ride and the system is easy to figure out ... soooo ez. The hotel is located amongst some office buildings, and City Hall is nearby ... but the views along the river walkway looking across the Thames - at the famous 'Bloody' Tower of London (the Beefeaters tour is a must, but get there early!!), and the Tower Bridge (especially at night) is magnificent ... a very icon of London. You're right there !
As for the hotel ... wonderful, friendly greeting by the front-desk upon arrival, entering a large open-air lounge/seating/at-night clubby-bar area. The charming, helpful staff moves efficiently, and check-in was a breeze - a minute or 2. It is a modern hotel, fairly recently built/renovated - very new feel to it, amongst some office buildings and some retail nearby. We had a very wonderful rate for a standard room (no Executive room), so we can give you the scoop on regular rooms. They featured a very contemporary feel, punctuated with muted colors of browns and whites but a dash/splash of orange, providing warmth and relaxation. The room was a good size, given London's reputation of small hotel rooms. Very comfortable King-size bed, with all the classic accoutrements of TV, in-room safe, desk & chair, club-chair, end-table, plenty of closet space & drawers. The bathroom was also a good size ... featuring an oddly smallish sized tub, but sufficient, and plenty of 'throne' room. Basic toiletries were neatly available next to the sink. Very clean and comfortable room. Not much of a view ... but we weren't there to soak up views from the hotel.
Our fave: the daily breakfast (included for our stay). Buffet style (hot & cold food) with attentive wait-staff to provide coffee, tea, juice service - full tablecloth and linens service vs. paper napkins or bags, if at all, at other hotels, made for a great, relaxing start to each day. From bacon, sausages (English ones too) & eggs of multiple styles to croissants & breads of all kinds (self-toasting available), to yogurts, cereals, fresh fruits to croissants & danishes.... delicious!!! The variety did not change much (small changes) from day to day, but with such diversity, we had different breakfasts each day.
We would recommend this hotel to all ! The staff was excellent, providing daily warm service, a smile, and assistance, if needed. The convenience factor was not even a factor. It's easy to get around (we cannot speak to parking, as we did not drive there) from utilizing the Tube to local bus to just walking, and absorbing all that is London. We would definitely stay here again and again.
One caveat that we were not overly fond of, but understand somewhat: after our return home, we had (2) emails waiting for us.... one from the hotel asking us to rate them (especially highly) on TripAdvisor, and another from TripAdvisor itself asking how our stay was at this hotel. We hope they're not in 'cahoots' to drive the reviews. A little oft-putting to be nudged/pushed to rate them, but was going to do it anyway. Note to hotel: Let your product stand on its own! The positive results will come streaming in if you continue the great work. It's a wonderful product and location.
Happy Hotel-ing !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of the capital's most renowned historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is on the doorstep of the city's financial and shopping districts. We're located in a prime sightseeing location, near to many of London's top tourist attractions. This, combined with fantastic dining, stylish rooms and first-class business and leisure facilities, means we have everything you need for an unforgettable stay in London. A choice of elegant rooms and suites await your arrival at Hilton London Tower Bridge. Select a spacious Suite with a separate living room and upgraded amenities. Upgrade to an Executive room to benefit from free breakfast each morning, refreshments through the day, and spectacular London views from the terrace. We offer a fantastic sightseeing location, within walking distance of the Shard, Shakespeare's Globe, trendy Borough Market, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast and the Tower of London. London Bridge Station is a 3-minute walk away, giving easy access via the Northern and Jubilee Lines to London attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster, the West End, Canary Wharf and the O2. Sip cocktails with family and friends in the lively atmosphere of the stylish TwoRuba Bar. Book a table for afternoon tea or simply relax with a newspaper and a fresh coffee. Feeling peckish? Sample mouth-watering snacks from the lunch and dinner menus. Drawing inspiration from the Italian way of life, Jamie's Italian is all about relaxing, sharing great food and enjoying each other's company. With its laid-back atmosphere, Jamie's Italian is the perfect spot to unwind with family and friends, while tucking into fresh pasta, beautiful antipasti, and delicious desserts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge