“Great location, helpful staff, great rooms”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #166 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 September 2012

stayed here for just one night during a weekend trip for the Paralympics & The Tate. So glad I picked this hotel, right next to the Jubilee line underground so easy to get to from St Pancras. Lovely check in staff and all very helpful. They even changed rooms for me when I discovered that BBC1 channel was not working on our TV and my 10 year old Dr Who superfan would not be able to watch the new series! Disaster was averted by a swift room change, so thank you so much for that. A very clean, modern hotel with a good breakfast selection. On our next trip to London we will definately stay here again as I had never explored "south of the river" before and the whole riverside area is great with loads to do, yet still close to the main north of the river attractions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

I am glad that you found my team so helpful and friendly as well as our location so convenient.

We look forward to your future stays with us.

Sven M. Goosen

Write a ReviewReviews (4,249)

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed for one night while flying through London. It is a great location to visit the Crown Jewels and many other sites. Reasonable rates, good interent and lounge. A positive experience. Service was very good. You can get to either airport via train and tube...avoid the TERRIBLE London traffic and save your money for more fun things!

Room Tip: Great Location. You an take the train and the tube very close to the hotel...easy walk even with lu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and location to be so excellent.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Fantastic location midway between tower bridge and london bridge.
Room was spotlessly clean, very light decoration and very airy with the bonus of opening window for natural ventilation. Well equiped bathroom,with robes and slippers.
Large flat screen tv with numerous channels and the option of films to buy.
Breakfast was good but the hot food was not very hot, maybe because we went for breakfast quite late.
When we checked in we mentioned that it was my birthday, and when we returned to the room later that night there was a plate of cakes with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate, what a nice thought by the receptionist.
All in all highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allan2952
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location so much and that you found the room so spotlessly clean.

It was our pleasure sending you a birthday cake and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have stayed here several times and it has always been consistently good. Rooms are clean, light and airy and well appointed. The service is very good and staff are very helpful. Well located next to Tower Bridge (South side) makes this a very easy access Hotel and central enough to get to most places in the city and parking is not too much of a problem if taking a car. The views from the executive lounge are nice and a great place to go for pre-evening drinks. An M&S is just around the corner for any bits and pieces. We have managed to get a good deal in the past for £130 per night. I would happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan_Peck
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

It is great to receive feedback from valued repeat clientele. I was happy to hear that you found the rooms to be clean, light and airy as wel as well appointed.

It was also encouraging to read that you loved our location and high service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

There is a lot to like about the Hilton Tower Bridge in London. And, as its name implies, the location is a real plus. A very short walk provides a splendid view of Tower Bridge. A few more minutes and you are on the bridge. Walk a few minutes in the other direction and you are at the underground and rail station.

The hotel itself is a modern beauty with warm woods accented in glass and metal.

My room was very quiet, in spite of the hotel's location in the middle of London's bustle. The large bed was very comfortable. Lighting was placed in all the right places. The bathroom was sleek and stylish, although it lacked any drawers for storage. The shower/bath proved a bit of a challenge with a big step up and a slippery surface inside.

The staff were helpful, efficient and friendly.

If you're travelling to the hotel on business however, you might want to bring your own IT person. Internet access in my room was provided at a premium price (£15 per day, per device) but the service itself was troublesome. The instructions on log-in don't match the actual operation. Two different companies provide internet; one for your room and one for the lobby. The lobby Wi-Fi service is free for 90 minutes (with a code from the front desk). The service in the room is at a charge per device. This system certainly needs to be upgraded. A card on the wired internet connection in the room reads in part "Say goodbye to dial-up Internet access from hotel rooms". If I'm not mistaken, we said goodbye to dial-up about ten years ago. But after about an hour with the off-site support people, everything was running adequately and the hotel did credit one day's charge for my trouble.

My three-night say at the Hilton Tower Bridge was very enjoyable and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a bath matt to avoid a slippery surprise in the shower/tub.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton London Tower Bridge.

I noted the issues you had with the bedroom internet access but am very happy that my team was able to assist you with solving the issue and granted you a refund for the one night.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

An excellent hotel and in a fantastic location. The London Bridge and the Tower Bridge are just minutes away and there is a tube stop about five minutes walk from the hotel. The service was fantastic and every staff member I spoke with was helpful and very positive.

Room Tip: Try to get on one of the Executive floors (9 - 12)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton London Tower Bridge so much.

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

I have no idea why there have been glowing reviews about this hotel.

Staff performance, friendliness and attitude was poor. Maybe they only extend this special courtesy to white customers.

On checkin I was not upgraded as per my Gold member status. Only when I asked another member of staff I was upgraded to Executive level.

The first member of staff member had no idea about gold status, first time I have encountered this in a Hilton hotel.

Executive room was quite large, but bathroom was rather small in comparison.

Executive lounge was rather small, food selection was on par with other Hiltons. Another thing I found rather odd was the executive lounge receptionist helping to clear tables. Is there staff shortages?

This Hilton has a long way to go before it reaches level of service available in other Hiltons worldwide.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with my team members as we pride ourselves in offering superior service. Our performance, friendliness and attitude towards service is always top notch so I obviously took your complaint very seriously.

Upgrades are subject to availability and we have had extremely high occupancy levels during the Olympic and Paralympic period.

Our executive lounge usually receives accolades for being one of the top lounges within Hilton with the best food quality and variety as we exceed our brand standards for this facility. Our executive lounge hosts and hostesses act across both front office and food & beverage disciplines.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I will endeavour to restore your faith in our hotel.