Overall, we were quite pleased with the Tower Bridge hotel during our trip to London. It provided us with a relatively comfortable and relaxing stay in an easily accessible, centralized, yet surprisingly quiet location. However, there were many little issues that slowly and steadily took away from our enjoyment. The beds were a little squeaky, the towels a little worn. Staff were generally polite, but it was a bit obligatory - you didn’t feel the sincerity and you didn’t get a sense that anyone was actually going out of their way to help you.
Our biggest issue was with the breakfast. In most hotels we stay in, the breakfast buffet has an assortment of standard items, but with different entree selections each morning so as to create some variety for guests staying more than one night (pancakes one day, sausages the next, etc). Alternatively, the selection is so extensive that you will always have variety. In the Tower Bridge, unfortunately, we had neither, such that by the end of our stay we were really quite bored with it.
To add to our issues, on our last night we had an early morning flight to catch and could not partake in the breakfast (which we had already paid for in our room rate). Upon asking, if in lieu of sitting down for a full breakfast we could grab a few pastries to-go, we were told it would require an additional 10£ charge. For customers who had paid for a multi-night stay, we thought this response was a little petty and distasteful, particularly given that we would be consuming considerably less food than we would otherwise.
All in all, this is still a solid clean hotel, very well located in a central yet very quiet and relaxing neighbourhood, but at the end of the day it is difficult for us to forget the many little disappointments that diminished our generally positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of the capital's most renowned historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is on the doorstep of the city's financial and shopping districts. We're located in a prime sightseeing location, near to many of London's top tourist attractions. This, combined with fantastic dining, stylish rooms and first-class business and leisure facilities, means we have everything you need for an unforgettable stay in London. A choice of elegant rooms and suites await your arrival at Hilton London Tower Bridge. Select a spacious Suite with a separate living room and upgraded amenities. Upgrade to an Executive room to benefit from free breakfast each morning, refreshments through the day, and spectacular London views from the terrace. We offer a fantastic sightseeing location, within walking distance of the Shard, Shakespeare's Globe, trendy Borough Market, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast and the Tower of London. London Bridge Station is a 3-minute walk away, giving easy access via the Northern and Jubilee Lines to London attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster, the West End, Canary Wharf and the O2. Sip cocktails with family and friends in the lively atmosphere of the stylish TwoRuba Bar. Book a table for afternoon tea or simply relax with a newspaper and a fresh coffee. Feeling peckish? Sample mouth-watering snacks from the lunch and dinner menus. Drawing inspiration from the Italian way of life, Jamie's Italian is all about relaxing, sharing great food and enjoying each other's company. With its laid-back atmosphere, Jamie's Italian is the perfect spot to unwind with family and friends, while tucking into fresh pasta, beautiful antipasti, and delicious desserts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge