I stayed at the Hilton London Tower Bridge twice in 2013, as I have in past years. It is ideally located to walk to meetings in London's financial district ("the City") and being south of the river, it is away from touristy locations. It is the nicest of the Hilton's I've experienced in London, many of which are down at the heel and have mediocre service at best, and it is significantly nicer than most US Hiltons.
The rooms are modern and comfortable--they have exceptionally nice five-piece bathrooms with high quality shower and tub hardware. Robes and an excellent electric kettle with good Twinings teas and shortbread make for a comfortable stay. My only complaints are that there are no outlets beside the bed and many people like to work on their laptops sitting on the bed and that cell phone reception is poor in some rooms.
I had a particularly exceptional experience on my most recent trip. I arrived early in the morning from an overnight flight and had hoped to shower and change before going to a meeting. The room they had set aside for me wasn't ready but they let me use another room until mine was ready--something no other hotel has done and a major convenience for me--I certainly tried to leave the temporary room as untouched as possible to minimize the extra housekeeping work.
The Executive Lounge is nice and has high quality breakfast food, though it is exactly the same food every year I visit--occasional variations would be nice. The collection of international newspapers is excellent. I especially value that the fitness center is open 24 hours and has both a rowing machine and an arm bike.
The front desk staff has always been courteous and helpful, in stark contrast to those at many US Hiltons. In general I don't enjoy being away from home but this hotel makes business travel as pleasant as it can be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of one of the capital's most renowned historical landmarks, Hilton London Tower Bridge is on the doorstep of the city's financial and shopping districts. We're located in a prime sightseeing location, near to many of London's top tourist attractions. This, combined with fantastic dining, stylish rooms and first-class business and leisure facilities, means we have everything you need for an unforgettable stay in London. A choice of elegant rooms and suites await your arrival at Hilton London Tower Bridge. Select a spacious Suite with a separate living room and upgraded amenities. Upgrade to an Executive room to benefit from free breakfast each morning, refreshments through the day, and spectacular London views from the terrace. We offer a fantastic sightseeing location, within walking distance of the Shard, Shakespeare's Globe, trendy Borough Market, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast and the Tower of London. London Bridge Station is a 3-minute walk away, giving easy access via the Northern and Jubilee Lines to London attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster, the West End, Canary Wharf and the O2. Sip cocktails with family and friends in the lively atmosphere of the stylish TwoRuba Bar. Book a table for afternoon tea or simply relax with a newspaper and a fresh coffee. Feeling peckish? Sample mouth-watering snacks from the lunch and dinner menus. Drawing inspiration from the Italian way of life, Jamie's Italian is all about relaxing, sharing great food and enjoying each other's company. With its laid-back atmosphere, Jamie's Italian is the perfect spot to unwind with family and friends, while tucking into fresh pasta, beautiful antipasti, and delicious desserts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Hilton London Hotel Bridge
- London Hilton
- Hilton Tower Bridge