Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #166 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Facilities are very good & the location was fantastic for sightseeing. The staff were efficient & friendly. I have paid a great deal more for hotels in central London & been disappointed in the past. I would certainly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whist staying in London.

I was happy to read that the value for money which you have paid meets all your expectations.

May I just ask you to consider us as a place to return to during your next stay in London.

Anna Fratczak
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,202)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Its tidy, its clean, it looks new, its near transport links, tourist attractions and the staff when asked questions were friendly. I don't think having a Sushi bar near reception adds to a nice smell. We arrived early for a weekend stay and were given a room when I just expected to dump the suitcase in a luggage hold. This was good as it allowed us the afternoon in London. Breakfast was alright with plenty of variety but being buffet style you know when the hot things have been there a while, and should have been replenished. We sat in the lounge area and with bar staff about we still had to go and order a drink. I didn't see any managers "working" the reception or eating areas. Having stayed in a few hotels I have to say I expected a little bit more from Hilton. I personally think this hotel has great potential, just not being realised.

Room Tip: For a view of the Shard, floors 6 and above, rooms facing Tooley Street or More Place.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London.

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us but what sadness me deeply is the fact that you did not experienced the WOW factor.

As an hotelier we would like to make you extremely satisfied with your stay so if you will decide to stay with us during your next visit in London please do not hesitate to contact me on Anna.Fratczak@hilton.com and I will personally go out of my way to make your stay comfortable and hassle free.

Anna Fratczak
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were given a gift for afternoon tea at the Hilton Tower Bridge.

We got there early so decided to have a drink at the Ruba bar. This was fine and the service was great. Staff were friendly and even let me try a beer before I bought one!

But........Afternoon tea was booked for 1500 at The Larder restaurant.

We were given curled up, dry sandwiches. Dry and hard scones. The cakes were all stale. Even the "enveloped" (tea bag) tea was not very nice.

It felt that all of us that were in the restaurant were hearded there like sheep and dumped in our seats.

What was meant to be a lovely afternoon was sadly let down by The Hilton. The rest of the day was great though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your comments following your afternoon tea with us here at the Hilton London Tower Bridge.

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. I was sorry to learn of your concerns and I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.

Following your feedback, I have shared your feedback with the Food and Beverage Manager and more training will be carried out in order to avoid these incidents to reoccur.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Have you ever tried sushi? I'm sure many, many of you have! But I hadn't ! So I thought hey, let's give it a try!
On Wednesday afternoon, the 19/02/14, my partner and I made our way to the Takara Sushi bar at the Hilton London Tower Bridge in Tooley Street for a 'Japanese-Style Afternoon Tea'.
We perched ourselves on our bar stools - a little bit difficult for my partner who has had two knee and one hip replacement - but we soon got sorted out! We then waited with some anticipation and indeed some trepidation until we were confronted by two lidded black boxes. The lids were removed to reveal an assortment of Japanese goodies! We 'attacked' each separate compartment with gusto, and followed this with mini pastries and green tea - all of this being most enjoyable!
Our Japanese sushi 'chef' - is that the right word? - was friendly and informative, whilst our waitress, Michelle, was a delight, quietly going about her business.
In conclusion, all I can say is, if you haven't tried Japanese food, give it a try! You might just like it! We did!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Carla B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your comments with us.

All of our guest comments are greatly valued and I am thrilled to read that you have truly enjoyed your first “sushi experience” at our Takara Sushi Bar. It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times.

I will now, not only share your feedback with the chef and Michelle, but with the entire Kitchen and Food and Beverage Teams that will be delighted to read your words.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I am not sure it is such a great location if you want to go to Harrods it is a bit far. However the hotel is new and the staff is ok. The sushi is terrible smelly and the Indonesian sushi chef should stick to some other job. He told the manager that the fish was delivered daily ( it is saturday and the staff behind his back said it is few days old) Just avoid the sushi. Or feel the way I do ….sick

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to speak to you personally and receive your feedback during your stay,

Your feedback was highly important to us and I have equally shared your email with the chef as you were made aware. Having taken all of your comments into consideration I would like to inform you that Hilton London Tower Bridge complies with H&S regulations.

We consider to have done all necessary during your stay.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for one night for Valentines. I honestly have no complaints with the room, it was modern, clean and well equipped. Our only issue was with the staff. When we first arrived our key card did not work which was only a minor problem. However, the problem came the following moring. After a long week at work we were looking forward to a lie in. We were due to check out at 12:00, between the hours of 10:00 and 12:00 we had the hotel maid walk into our room 5 times whilst we were trying to sleep. Admittedly we forgot to hang the 'do not disturb' sign on the door but I still find this unacceptable. The final time my girlfriend had just got out the shower and the maid walked straight in without even waiting for us to answer the door. When we complained the following morning I felt I was not taken seriously due to my age (22) and all the hotel could offer was an apology. Dissapointing end to a nice weekend.

1  Thank Kit N

Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I was sorry to read that you were disturbed in the morning by the housekeeper. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager to investigate, and I can assure you that relevant training will be carried out.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Hilton London Tower Bridge.

Carla Bento I Hilton London Tower Bridge

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Location:
Short walk from tube station. Around 10 minutes with my luggage.

Check in:
Great experience. I arrived the hotel a few hours before the official check in time, and I just planned to leave my luggage first and come back for check in later. But the friendly front desk staff said they could assign me a room. During the check in they also showed some excellent team work.

Room:
Hilton standard, but the tone is a little bit dark. But I'm fine with that.

Lounge:
I've had some great pre-dinner canape and great breakfast there. Choices of food was not too much but acceptable. Outdoor area is nice too.The only problem is always run out of plates when the lounge was busy.

Overall I was quite satisfied with this hotel.

One interesting thing is when I return to the hotel in the late evening, I found a welcome letter in my room, but the name printed on the letter was not mine. I'm not sure whether the letter was printed with a wrong name or delivered to the wrong room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit. I will share your feedback with the team that will be equally thrilled to read your words.

Please accept my apologies if you had a card with a different name in your room, which should have been due to an early check-in and change of room allocations, however still not acceptable.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future, when I will be pleased to enhance your stay further.

Carla Bento I Guest Relations Manager - Front of House