“If you have food allergies....DON'T EAT ANY FOOD HERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton London Tower Bridge

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #177 of 1,086 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
“If you have food allergies....DON'T EAT ANY FOOD HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I ate in the Larder Restaurant last Friday for dinner. We were ordering a lot of seafood so I specifically requested that the waiter tell the chef that I was extremely allergic to crustaceans. The waiter didn't really seem to understand so I explained it further about how to handle the foods separately on different surfaces with hands washed between touching the foods. He seemed to understand. But obviously not! I was so sick for hours. The staff obviously haven't been trained in food health and safety basics. Ridiculous.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Wrisley M
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your comments following your meal at our Larder Restaurant here at the Hilton London Tower Bridge. It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests.

Having taken all of your comments into consideration I would like to inform you that Hilton London Tower Bridge complies with H&S regulations and will now proceed with formal investigation following on from your email. I have forward your email to our Food and Beverage Manager that has email you concerning this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you require further assistance on this matter.

Carla Bento I Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton London Tower Bridge for 1 night. My experience of check-in was friendly, welcoming and one of the best I can remember in a large City Centre hotel such as this. The personal touches took me by surprise and even on such a short stay I was made to feel like a welcomed and valued guest. I would highly recommend this Hilton hotel for its location, friendly staff and elegant, comfortable surroundings. A special thank you to the reception manager Karol Dudziuk and I look forward to making it my base on future trips to London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing all your valued comments via Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you were extremely thrilled to read your words that our service was friendly, welcoming, with personal touches and most of all that we made you feel as valued Guest. I will share your feedback with all our team and Karol will be very pleased to know he enhanced your stay.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at Hilton London Tower Bridge and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We travel a lot and being a HH Gold member I have always felt welcome and most times really pampered at various Hilton Hotels around the world. Unfortunately this time we had a disastrous stay !!!
We wanted to celebrate a very happy birthday and I not only booked one of their most expensive rooms for that occasion but emailed to guest services several days before checking in about the special occasion. Upon check in we were told that they only had one of the worse rooms for us (but at least they warned us...). Unfortunately the room was more than worse, not the category we had payed for (beware an upgrade...!) and didn't even have a shower (which I reqeuested). After complaining at the front desk we were able to change rooms (not really a winner...), but this time we were much too exhausted to complain again (and had more or less given up on this hotel...).
The staff did not care at all about the guests (with the exception of the restaurant staff), everything seemed totally disorganized. A few times we heard apologies for all the things that did not work (like housekeeping: do not expect them before 4 p.m.!!!..., showers...) like "we are totally booked" but I think a well organized hotel should cope with a good booking status.
Unfortunately they ruined our birthday celebration, but at least we never again will have to stay at the Hilton Tower Bridge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Three_Swords
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read about all the disappointment with regards to your room arrangement. I can assure you that we have recognized that you have book the executive room category at the first place. That is why we have arrange the room allocation to one of our spacious executive bedrooms on the 7th floor but as I could understand room did not have any view that is why we have changed it to the bedroom on the different floor. Unfortunately we could not do more on that matter as all the other bedrooms were occupied on that night.

With regards to the lack of your bedroom service until the very late afternoon and I would like to truly apologise you for it and assure you that I have tasked our Executive Housekeeper Barbara Olausson to carry the additional training with all her department to avoid our future guests being disappointed in the similar way.

I truly believe that you will not judge us on this particular experience.

I am hoping to welcome you back at Hilton London Tower Bridge.

Kindest regards and renewed apologies.

Anna Fratczak
Guest Relations Manager
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at The Hilton for a weekend as it was convenient for The Shard, Tower Bridge, a cruise on the Thames to Greenwich/Westminster and only a short taxi ride to the West End to see a show. After visiting 40 countries in the last 25 years, it would be hard to recall a hotel which I could say provided faultless accommodation and service but this was it. The architectural style is modern and angular in keeping with other buildings in the area but the comfort and quality of the rooms was beyond criticism. We arrived too early to check in but the concierge looked after our cases for free until we returned later. Check-in was a pleasure with smiles and efficiency in good measure. The decor, cleanliness and facilities were excellent and our room on the third floor was quiet and furnished with a comfortable 6 ft bed. Breakfast covered all possible tastes and fresh porridge was made specially on request. Being so close to London Bridge station was an added advantage. The concierge looked after our cases for free after check-out as we wanted to do more visits around London. We booked well in advance and found the price to be lower than similar hotels in the area.

Room Tip: The views are not special as you are surrounded by other tall buildings. An upper floor is always a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were extremely satisfied with the level of service we provided, the quality of our rooms, the fresh porridge made on request and the location. I am very proud to read that we made your stay in London so pleasant and faultless.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you return to London and I will make sure we will enhance your stay future stay even.

Basingstoke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We visited the shard and with our virgin experience voucher, came to the Hilton for afternoon tea. We were disappointed to receive only 6 triangles of sandwiches between us both and they were not flexible on fillings. We had a scone each and a selection of cakes which were nice, just would of preferred a larger selection of sandwiches.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kezza23Basingstoke
Anna140579, Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your Afternoon tea experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation.

With regards to the quantity of the sandwiches, please let me assure you that I will personally review our offering with our Head Chef.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Kindest Regards,
James Ross
Food and Beverage Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel and location: very close to the tube station.The room is clean and very comfortable and the breakfast is really good.Also the staff was very helpful. I would mention Oana from the front desk who was very eager to help.I will definitely recommend to my friends !!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were extremely satisfied with the level of service we provide and I have shared your feedback with Oana that will be equally thrilled with your comments.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great location and some nice bars and restaurants nearby. Very convenient for tube - handy cashpoint and shops nearby too. Hotel bar closed very early on first night - pm and inconsistent opening times on other nights. No free wifi and £15 per day seems very expensive but, room price and room size was good for so close to city centre

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit, location, local bars and the room size.

With regards to your comment about Internet, unfortunately at the moment all Hilton Hotels based in Europe are still charging this service in the bedrooms, however we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi access as well as free to use computer station in our lobby for all residents.

Kind Regards,