“Excellent hotel, great location”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #166 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you are looking a hotel that combines confort, good value and great location, this is one of the best that I have found in London so far! Modern, clean and centrally located our experience in this hotel was really great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Pantelis K
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing all your valued comments via Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you consider us “one of the best that I have found in London so far!”. It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times and I will share your feedback with all our team that will be thrilled to know you had a great experience with us.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at Hilton London Tower Bridge and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I don't know if this is good value because we have always used a voucher. Some of their recent ones include a bottle of champagne / Prosecco with the seafood / sushi and the service is always excellent . It's a big place so lacks atmosphere as many hotel restaurants do and the lighting in the enclosure by the kitchen is terrible .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I was pleased to read that your experience at our Sushi Bar. I have passed on your commentary to our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just had a wonderful stay this weekend. I have to say the staff were extremely professional and attentive, particularly at breakfast. Room was perfect, although lacking a view which I would of expected for an executive room, but this did not distract from the overall enjoyment. We have to say we have stayed in a few hotels in London and this has definitely been the best in this price category. Excellent value for money with the addition of perks of having an executive room and the use of the lounge which was a valued extra. Just to say it seems, somebody had used our room number to bill their drinks to so receiving such a bar bill was a little bit of a surprise. I can be sure we were not knocking back alcohol the night before the marathon - as indeed the bill suggested. But I have to say front desk dealt with this most efficiently. We did not eat in the evening but breakfast was good with a varied choice and wonderful porridge pre-marathon most appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cupcaketot

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were extremely satisfied with the hotel, staff, service of the executive lounge, breakfast porridge variety and that was a very good value for money the product / service we provide. I look forward to welcome you back for the London Marathon 2015 too.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you make your next stay at Hilton London Tower Bridge, so I can enhance your stay and do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Had Seafood platter & bottle of bubbly with friend. It was great place, good location, delicious food. Only one downside was service. Waitress nothere to be seen or if it was, just running by so you cant even catch him.

• Stayed: September 2013
Carla B, Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with concern that I read some of your comments regarding your restaurant experiences with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation.
Dear Guest,

Please let me assure you that I have personally conducted some retraining with the restaurant team members and supervisors to ensure the service issues you experienced have been resolved.

I would like to also thank you for the kind comments in regards to the quality of the food and our great location.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

James Ross
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We've stayed at this hotel on at least 4 prior occasions in the past 18 months, although the check in receptionist didn't recognise this when we checked in (despite using our Hilton Honours card to book).

The best thing about this hotel is its location: a stones throw from tower bridge station, and a couple of hundred yards from tower bridge and the shard. This equals great views, although our hotel room view was into the neighbouring office.

The room was standard, and was comfortable and contained everything needed. Sky sports on TV and a comfortable shower, with a large bathroom and comfortable bed. However, I have started to notice that some of the furniture is looking a bit worn and tired, perhaps a refurbishment is on the cards soon. I also fail to understand why hotels (particularly Hilton) deem it fit to charge £15 for wifi! Unbelievable!!

Don't bother with a hotel breakfast at a premium price - there's a Wetherspoons within 5 minutes walk that offers a much nicer meal at a fraction of the price!

We would probably return again, but standards are slipping so not sure for how much longer.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank welshwizard1927

Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments, It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests.

As part of our every day development it is our wish to fully understand where we do not meet your expectations. Following on from this I see that you were not extremely satisfied by the fact you were not recognised as a loyal HHonors Guest, the internet charges and the room looked a little tired. I would be delighted if possible to receive a few further comments in relation to the room you stayed so I can make a full investigation [carla.bento@hilton.com].

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product / service at all times and I will now share your comments with Hotel Manager.

With regards to your comment about Internet, unfortunately at the moment all Hilton Hotels based in Europe are still charging this service in the bedrooms, however we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi access as well as free to use computer station in our lobby for all residents.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Hilton London Tower Bridge.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hello fellow travellers! This review finds me on home soil in London. I had to meet a colleague from Canada in central London for a business meeting, so I picked a venue where, once completed, he could get out and about and see some of our capitals great sights. I picked on the London Bridge Hilton. Located 250 Metres from the Thames , right next to Tower Bridge and the London bridge train station. A modern and vibrant feel exudes from the arcitecture and inside it is pretty much as you would expect from a city Hilton. The rooms are adequate , again it is an inner city , modern building so do not expect sprawling rooms with acreage of room! That said they were more than adequate for a few nights. The proximity to a lot of Londons fantastic attractions would make this an ideal base for those of you coming to the capital to sight see. For me it was business. Overall it is another fine offering from the Hilton group and for Inner London not as expensive as you my expect...HOWEVER, be warned there are some nasty little surprises! If you decide to relax in the bar after a day of pounding the pavements make sure you have a little more than "loose change" in your pockets if you want a drink! It is eye wateringly expensive...and if you decide to have that night cap after going out for a meal at any one of the fantastic restaurants near by....you may need another stiff drink to recover from the price of the first! Parking too can be an issue as there is none on site. The nearest recommended one is at the Q Park which is a good 10-15 minute walk away. It costs £24 per 24 hours which is not bad for London however, if it is raining...and it frequently does in my "green and pleasant island", then you are going to get very wet ...as I did. May be the hotel may wish to consider a shuttle? Ok so those were my gripes about the Hilton Tower Bridge. Overall I like the place and once again it is the staff that make it..always pleasant and very helpful. Would I recommend you stay here...yes I would! Safe travels all!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank David T

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay, I am sure that all our future guests will find all your comments very helpful in order to choose our property as a place of destination during their trip to London.

Concerning the prices I will share your feedback with the Food & Beverage Manager and the Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This Hilton Hotel was walking distance to the Tower Bridge, The Tower of London, restaurants, shopping, and many other attractions. The room was clean, roomy, modern and colorful, and the staff was great! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your words "roomy, modern and colourful" and that you were extremely satisfied with the level of service provide. Our team is thrilled to read your feedback.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Hilton London Tower Bridge where I we will enhance your stay even more. Please contact me personally when you make your booking and do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.