“An OK Place & A Great Location”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #171 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mount Albert
“An OK Place & A Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here 4 nights during the first week of May. The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. Our room was quite comfortable and clean, although the mattress was rather rumpled. Free Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby. You can get room Wi-Fi but it's quite expensive. The ice machine in the hall was inoperative.The buffet breakfast was excellent with all the typical choices you might expect. Try to get this as part of your room package as it can be expensive if purchased separately.The room fridge requires a L50 refundable deposit, charged immediately to your credit card, whether you use the contents or not. It's also remotely locked from the front desk, which was a pain. Incidentally, just two doors down from the hotel is Tesco's 'Supermarket'. You can purchase sandwiches, fruit, pastries, drinks and even hot food to go at cheap prices if you're in a hurry. Hilton London Tower Bridge does not offer hotel transfers to airports but they will arrange cabs for you on request ($100 to Gatwick / $65 to Heathrow). As an alternative you could take a train directly to Gatwick Airport from the London Bridge Station. It's just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It costs only L10 if you don't mind dragging your luggage around a bit. Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel is in a really good location for transit using bus, train, tube or river bus (KPMG Thames Clippers). We found that purchasing an Oyster Card from the train station (good for all venues) was the best value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing all your valued comments via Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read you words: "Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel is in a really good location for transit using bus, train, tube or river bus (KPMG Thames Clippers)". We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I was pleased to read that your stay was excellent, the room a delight and that we have made it right after check-in.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at Hilton London Tower Bridge and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself and my husband stayed 2 nights for May bank holiday. We booked with lastminute.com who changed our hotel the day before we were to check in. I wanted this hotel due to area and they were changing us to the same hotel but canary wharf. I wasn't happy as they said it was because it was overbooked. I couldn't get through to last minute so called the hotel directly and spoke to someone called Anna, I think she was guest relations manager. I explained the situation and she said it was no problem they would accommodate us. We checked in and went to the room and was pleasantly surprised. It was a large room in a quiet location, perfect! We usually stay at the grange tower bridge which is a 5 star but this hotel is only a 4 star but I couldn't see any difference and enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel they were very accommodating and obviously can't please everyone but pleased us. The staff were very friendly and had quite a relaxed approach which is nice. The area is lively with places to eat near by and london bridge tube 5 mins up the road. It tends to get quiet in the evening as a few of the shops, pret, Nero, m&s close early evening but there are still places to have a meal rather than snacks. We got a taxi from covent garden back to the hotel which cost £16.00 as there were tube problems. Great location, clean hotel and friendly staff. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Always email ahead any requests. They aren't always guaranteed but will try to accommodate if po...
1 Thank Lindyloo65
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and I apologise with all confusion with regards to hotel accommodation that day. I was happy to assist you that day and I am glad that we could make it right for you.

I hope that you will choose our property again whilst staying in London and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your friends and family.

Anna Fratczak
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Expected better really from the Hilton. The room was nice enough and clean but the staff at reception and in the restaurant were unwelcoming. Ok it's a city centre hotel and very busy but staff seemed overworked. Disappointed also with the breakfast. The food was dry and tasteless, like it had been sitting around for a long time. The wifi speed was slow and often dropped completely. It's not cheap to stay here but it is central London location. It could be nice but not for us on this occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us! And I apologise for the delay in our response.

I was sad to read that you were disappointed with the service provided and found the staff to be unwelcoming. I can assure you that this is not reflective of our usual standards, and we normally receive quite a few comments about the staff being very friendly and genuine. I am truly sorry if it seemed not to be the case on this occasion.

Please accept my apologies also for the Wifi speed, we are consistently working with the provider to find solutions to any speed or connectivity issues.

I hope that you will not judge us purely on this particular experience, and that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future to restore your faith in us.

Rasa
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here for two nights with my wife for her birthday. Hilton staff were exceptionally friendly without being patronising. The hotel took the fees for the room twice which caused my bank to have to block the card to stop both payments going.
However, saying that they upgraded us free to an executive room and added breakfast each day. I didn't ask for an upgrade so was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in very good order. Close to the tube at London bridge and is a stones throw from HMS Belfast. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay on the Thames. A very nice surrounding area. The room is amazingly quiet although and could not hear a thing from other rooms or outside and the quality is to a typical hilton high standard.
My only gripe about the room was the air con and light switches. This seemed to be that you had to turn off a 'master switch' in order to turn off a light behind the bed but that would mean the air con would also turn off and therefore the room gets hot. Other then that the bed was huge and very very comfortable.

Next time I visit London for any period of time I will definitely be looking to book this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with Trip Advisor readers.

Please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends and I am looking forward to welcome you back at out hotel.

Anna Fratczak
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend of sightseeing. Located 10 minutes walk from Tower Bridge and The Shard with great views of both. Near London Bridge and the station so good for getting about. Staff were lovely and helpful; we had a problem with our room key one night which was fixed straight away. Cocktails in the bar were lovely as was the complementary popcorn that came with them. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Loved the shower, so powerful. The only downside was there was no free wi-fi in the room but a public area. Wi-fi in the room would have been nice. Otherwise very nice and would recommend.

Room Tip: Any where in the middle away from the lifts as they are used quite a bit.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the views of the Shard and that our amazing Cocktails accompanied of the popcorn enhanced your stay. Do not hesitate to contact me personally when you make your next booking with us so I can enhance your stay even further.

suffolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were delighted to be given a lastminute/acorne voucher for Christmas for tea for 2 at the Tower Bridge Hotel.We live 2 hours from London, have lived there, and love returning for all kinds of treats-hence the gift. The original booking experience was not OK- a very curt woman , no confirmation by e-mail- not what I would expect from any hotel,let alone international chain .I emailed the hotel to confirm booking but still no e-mail.
From the photos on website, and the words'Tower Bridge ' one would expect a view from the restaurant of something the area offers. The view was onto a pedestrianised pathway, with no sunlight - in shadow, a drab dull and dissapointing room poorly light , beige and brown, not colourful and energised as photos would suggest .
The room was filled with long track techno beat music all the time were there- totally inappropriate for an afternoon tea experience, horrible, tense and stressful. The food- one and half rounds of sandwiches for 2 people, one mediocre cold scone each , pretty little cakes, but NOT a tea worth the amount that would have been paid for the voucher.
We would have had a more pleasurable experience , food and quallity wise, if we had bought food from the Marks and Spencers opposite, and sat along the Southbank enjoying the view. If the Hilton can't offer something genuinely relaxing, and life enhancing, then they shouldn't bother. The only aspect that was excellent, was the service of the waiter,Sotiris, who was very polite, welcoming ,attentive and professional, a pleasant surprise after the experience I had booking . Cannot express our dissappointment enough..

Room Tip: not appropriate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmowles
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Jmowles,

Apologies for the delay. Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with concern that I read some of your comments regarding your restaurant experience with us here at the Hilton London Tower Bridge and, firstly, let me apologise that we did not fully meet your expectations.

Please let me assure you that our Food and Beverage Manager has personally conducted some retraining with the restaurant team members and supervisors to ensure the service issues you experienced have been resolved.

I would like to also thank you for the kind comments in regards to the quality of our service especially from Sotiris for whom I will provide your feedback and ensure he gets recognition within the team and from our management.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Rasa
Piqua, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a excellent hotel, with a excellent staff. We have been traveling for a couple of weeks, and we're tired they really took care of us. The rooms seem large for London standards. Hotel is close to tube station (Tower Bridge). The bed is very comfortable and cozy. Hotel is close to a grocery store if you forgot anything. My only complaint is we were told we could leave luggage at hotel for our trip to Bristol and pick it up on the way back, but upon checking out we were told we couldn't, this was probably a misunderstanding on our part so I can't hold it against this Hilton. I recommend staying here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William J
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were very satisfied with the level of service we provide and would like to offer my apologies do for the misunderstood in relation to the luggage. Do not hesitate to contact me personally when you make your next booking with us.